Elkhorn
✟7,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was born and raised catholic, and I'm still rooted in my belief, but I'm not feeling that "thing" that I did when I was a child. I want to know whats happening. I am a skeptic, and dont usually go along with authority so those aspects may factor in.

catch_the_music

May 3, 2018
Denver
✟3,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Travis. I too have times of spiritual dryness as a follower of Christ. Our daily lives can be a grind - our secular world can drain us of what is important - our Faith in Jesus.
When I need a spiritual renewal I like to read about people in the Bible that have faced the same struggle as me. For instance I like to read what David said in Psalm 51. He says
"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
I like to read and pray over that passage (and others) in the Bible. It renews me by centering my attention on what Christ did for me - filling me with the joy of salvation. I then seek to share that joy with others in my Bible study. We encourage each other to keep our faith strong and vibrant. Hope that helps. Prayers that God will give you a renewed mindset. God Bless.

Upvote 0