United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone

I’ll keep it short,I’m experiencing a severe severe crisis of faith I’m being tempted here and there to admit God isn’t real,to leave God, to stop believing in him,so may doubts about him and his existence.And I’m gritting my teeth trembling in fear choking back tears.I have shallow breathing,please pray for me,I’ll never submit to these intrusive thoughts or attacks.Please pray for me.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone

I’ll keep it short,I’m experiencing a severe severe crisis of faith I’m being tempted here and there to admit God isn’t real,to leave God, to stop believing in him,so may doubts about him and his existence.And I’m gritting my teeth trembling in fear choking back tears.I have shallow breathing,please pray for me,I’ll never submit to these intrusive thoughts or attacks.Please pray for me.
Hi Blaise,

:nose: May the peace of the Lord be always with you :nose:

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone

Hey Blaise, we are not are thoughts. I am not my thoughts. You are not your thoughts. We all have thoughts that we can't control. Learning to let them go unattended is a great practice. Are you receive help with intrusive thoughts and anxiety. If not, you should look into it because there are folks who specialize in such things. I have had struggles with similar head games and scruples, it can get better.

Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
That sounds awful. I pray that God would step into your heart and give you peace inside and out. I pray that God would fill you with His love and reassure you that He is with you even in the doubts.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Besides prayer, play Bible Audio or Christian Music. If Satan sees potential in anyone, he bombards them with these types of thoughts. It can be troubling and even overwhelming at times. Satan and his demons HATE hearing the word of God. Just keep fighting the good fight. I'll be praying for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone

I pray you are feeling better, Blaise. Father, we come against these intrusive thoughts in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Help him to stand strong in these times and bring peace, support, and videos of scriptures and healing music to help. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How are you doing, Blaise?
Only slightly better,I’m battling hard wether if I believe or not.I don’t wish God isn’t real,I’d never wish that,I want him to be real,but I
Scared because of the “evidence” that people keep pressing up against him.I’m even scared I have a lack of belief,and I keep saying prayers.

I’m severely atheophobic.I avoid and hate atheists,I’m scared of them.Also the reason this episode scares me so much is because my life as a Christian and being a child of God is wonderful,and I don’t want to leave my Christian life behind,I don’t want anything in the world other than God.I can’t enjoy anything without him,and with this trial,I’m getting scared wether I’ve “really believed at all and I’m falling away!”

Im scared of apostasy,I’m scared of God not being real,and scared of losing my faith

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I avoid and hate atheists,I’m scared of them.Also the reason this episode scares me so much is because my life as a Christian and being a child of God is wonderful,and I don’t want to leave my Christian life behind,I don’t want anything in the world other than God.I can’t enjoy anything without him,and with this trial,I’m getting scared wether I’ve “really believed at all and I’m falling away!”

Im scared of apostasy,I’m scared of God not being real,and scared of losing my faith

Not that 'hate' is the right word there, but I know what you mean and it's good and right for you to avoid them, especially if their arguments for disbelief are stronger than your faith right now. I too have had moments where I felt like Satan was bringing me down; I felt terrified of committing the unpardonable sin, and there are times I still do. You truly do have the fear of God. And I understand the feeling of 'giving up' but that's what Satan wants, and don't give in.

These types of battles can feel exhausting. You're doing the right thing to avoid unbelievers. They will only bring you down further. Surround yourself with believers and with sermons and so forth.

Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

It appears as though Satan wanted Peter to betray Christ instead of Judas and desired to have him. Even Peter was under attack.

God is real. Perhaps the reason why you're having trouble believing is because you haven't experienced anything to make you believe it? What I mean is, you haven't seen God in action? So instead of a tangible God, he's intangible and you're having trouble believing in something you can't see?

One reason why I love history is because there are instances where you can see the hand of God. The first thing that popped into my mind was the Miracle of Dunkirk.

Maybe look up some videos of miracles through history? I'll see what I can find and share some when I do.

Upvote 0

onceEMT

Oct 30, 2021
Florida
✟22,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dea
Hi everyone

Not that 'hate' is the right word there, but I know what you mean and it's good and right for you to avoid them, especially if their arguments for disbelief are stronger than your faith right now. I too have had moments where I felt like Satan was bringing me down; I felt terrified of committing the unpardonable sin, and there are times I still do. You truly do have the fear of God. And I understand the feeling of 'giving up' but that's what Satan wants, and don't give in.

These types of battles can feel exhausting. You're doing the right thing to avoid unbelievers. They will only bring you down further. Surround yourself with believers and with sermons and so forth.

Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

It appears as though Satan wanted Peter to betray Christ instead of Judas and desired to have him. Even Peter was under attack.

God is real. Perhaps the reason why you're having trouble believing is because you haven't experienced anything to make you believe it? What I mean is, you haven't seen God in action? So instead of a tangible God, he's intangible and you're having trouble believing in something you can't see?

One reason why I love history is because there are instances where you can see the hand of God. The first thing that popped into my mind was the Miracle of Dunkirk.

Maybe look up some videos of miracles through history? I'll see what I can find and share some when I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

onceEMT

Oct 30, 2021
Florida
✟22,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear God... Please bless Blaise N with the Peace of God that passes all understanding. Please fill the fearful parts of his heart with the truth of Your Word. Let him remember a mustard seed of faith can move mountains. Just being on this forum, and requesting prayers is a sign of most sincere faith. Please soothe his distress that he may become the man of God that You intend him to be. In the most precious, holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ... Amen.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear God... Please bless Blaise N with the Peace of God that passes all understanding. Please fill the fearful parts of his heart with the truth of Your Word. Let him remember a mustard seed of faith can move mountains. Just being on this forum, and requesting prayers is a sign of most sincere faith. Please soothe his distress that he may become the man of God that You intend him to be. In the most precious, holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ... Amen.
:amen:

Upvote 0