Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would say so. Consider that the body with which he was resurrected was not what we think of when we talk about a real flesh and blood body. And it was with this body that he ascended to Heaven.

I surely do hope that that is NOT what the majority of Evangelicals believe! I don't think that those whom I know personally would agree with it.
My opinion, not saying it’s right or not: Is at some point after his flesh and blood body was resurrected, It was changed like a body is changed when one is raptured to heaven. Maybe after he told Mary not to touch him because he has not yet ascended.

Evangelicals obviously do not doctrinally believe Jesus walked this earth as a Demi-God. What I am saying is that Demi-God is the practicality, the working effect, the on the ground reality of what they do believe though. Yes they would be repulsed by the very idea, but the practicle outcome is what it is. Evangelicalism is real big at ignoring the effects of a cause. Claiming that a natural outcome has nothing to do with a cause, a belief, a so called “truth that is accepted.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well yes, since as I stated a half dozen times. He is the eternal Jehovah the Word. That does not however designate birth. The only birth I see is when he laid down the physical attributes he had as God, like omnipresence, and became a human being.

Jesus' "birth" from God the Father is not a birth as we understand it. Which is what was mentioned by FireDragon76 and others already. It does not mean that Jesus was "born" at some point in time from God. It means that Jesus has His Source, His Origin, from the Father; but this is not an event that happens in time, but speaks to the eternal, timeless reality of the Son's relationship to the Father. The Son is of the Father, as God of God. The Son is of the same being as the Father because He receives His being from the Father, He is what His Father is. This eternal relationship to the Father is expressed by speaking of Him as being eternally begotten of the Father. In saying this we are saying He is God because He is of the same Being as the Father. He is not another Being, another God, but the same Being and the same God; He is the same Being and the same God because He is begotten of the Father, He is of the Father: His eternal Origin and Source is the Father from Whom He is the eternally begotten Son. God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not made.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My opinion, not saying it’s right or not: Is at some point after his flesh and blood body was resurrected, It was changed like a body is changed when one is raptured to heaven. Maybe after he told Mary not to touch him because he has not yet ascended.

Careful though, the text is not Jesus saying "don't touch Me" but "don't cling to Me". Jesus has risen from the dead and therefore glorified, and Mary wants to cling to Him, she never wants her precious Rabboni to leave her again. But He says for her not to cling to Him like this, because He is yet still to ascend to the Father. This ascension took place in what we read about in the Scriptures themselves, that in the full view of His disciples He was lifted up and taken into heaven, where He now currently sits and reigns at the right hand of the Father with all glory and all power and authority.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0