Not open for further replies.

dukeofhazzard

Aug 15, 2007
✟15,918.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I like the SF Bay area of CA. Except when a major winter storm blows through, if I don't like the weather I can drive 20 minutes in any direction and find different weather.

During winter storms, I might have drive an hour or two to hit different weather.
That's cool :) I always thought I'd like CA weather :)

Upvote 0

dukeofhazzard

Aug 15, 2007
✟15,918.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It's rare, but it does happen (mostly at the end of July and beginning of August). We have a pretty extreme range, It's been 20 below or more sometimes in the winter. I blame most of it on Lake Michigan, it does crazy stuff to the weather.
That is a major range! I'm not sure I'd like quite that much variety ;).

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is a major range! I'm not sure I'd like quite that much variety ;).
You just have to get used to it. And as a college student it is hilarious watching southerners in colder weather. Winter (real winter, where it snows for days, wind chill below zero) is a bit of a shock to a lot of them. Or a blizzard, those suck.

Upvote 0

dukeofhazzard

Aug 15, 2007
✟15,918.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You just have to get used to it. And as a college student it is hilarious watching southerners in colder weather. Winter (real winter, where it snows for days, wind chill below zero) is a bit of a shock to a lot of them. Or a blizzard, those suck.

I'm sure it is -- I can imagine myself dealing with "real" winter -- it wouldn't be pretty. I might have to find a nice warm padded cell ;).

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sure it is -- I can imagine myself dealing with "real" winter -- it wouldn't be pretty. I might have to find a nice warm padded cell ;).
Also good. Even if we have some cold weather that doesn't mean we're stupid enough to go out in it without any padding. I would actually be much happier sitting inside, drinking a warm beverage (probably hot chocolate-I'm not a fan of coffee), and watching the field of white outside the window.

Upvote 0

dukeofhazzard

Aug 15, 2007
✟15,918.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Also good. Even if we have some cold weather that doesn't mean we're stupid enough to go out in it without any padding. I would actually be much happier sitting inside, drinking a warm beverage (probably hot chocolate-I'm not a fan of coffee), and watching the field of white outside the window.

LOL! I didn't mean that you'd just go sit in the snow -- my "padded cell" reference meant that I'd go crazy if there were too many days where you couldn't go outside ;). However, I do like to drink hot cocoa and watch snow (however rare it may be here).

Upvote 0

dukeofhazzard

Aug 15, 2007
✟15,918.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I knew what you meant. I have a habit of purposely misinterpreting what people say. It's quite fun actually. But I haven't found something that's as entertaining as having a snowball fight, or maybe I'm just a bit childish.

lol. Well, snowball fights are hard to beat.

I prefer an irish coffee and a roaring fire when watching snow fall

Mmmmm, Irish Coffee... mmmmm :yum:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Hi Ravs!

*dusts himself off and hugs ravenscape back*

Really really good to see you. It has been so long since I've been here that I've forgotten how to navigate.:o

The fam and I are all really well. Gearing up for my 39th Christmas, and rather looking forward to it.

How bout you? How are you guys all going?

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
We're doing pretty well, except for the cursed cold viruses that keep darkening our door. Thing 2 has missed ...*counts on fingers* 7 days of school since mid-November.

He's had the worst of it, but we've all come down with at least one scourge.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.