Creationists, what if you found out tomorrow . . .

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have asked this question before and got some very interesting answers, but since we have a lot of new YEC's here, I thought I would ask it again. This is a question specifically for Creationists, either old or young.

If you found out tomorrow, in a way that left NO DOUBT whatsoever, that the earth was billions of years old and that all the species on earth, including Man, evolved from a common ancestor, how would that effect your view of Scripture? How would it effect your faith?

YEC's don't "do" hypothetical. I can't work out whether it's because they're incapable, or whether they are afraid that to even accept a hypothetical situation is an admission of doubt or something.

The standard response is "I don't need to worry about that because it's not true."

Upvote 0

Bargainfluger

Playin' in Joes Garage
Sep 14, 2004
MD
✟1,946.00
Faith
Atheist
Praxiteles said:
YEC's don't "do" hypothetical. I can't work out whether it's because they're incapable, or whether they are afraid that to even accept a hypothetical situation is an admission of doubt or something.

The standard response is "I don't need to worry about that because it's not true."
Praxiteles said:

It's a good thing you said that twice, I didn't pay attention the first time.:D

Upvote 0
Bargainfluger said:
It's a good thing you said that twice, I didn't pay attention the first time.:D

:p

Of course, any utterance of mine is of such great import that one post is barely enough to contain it.

However, in respect of not filling up the screen with my glory alone, I have reduced it back to the once. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lilandra

Princess-Majestrix
Dec 9, 2004
state of mind
Visit site
✟19,703.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
:cool:
Your glory is blinding me Prax.

Praxiteles said:

Of course, any utterance of mine is of such great import that one post is barely enough to contain it.

However, in respect of not filling up the screen with my glory alone, I have reduced it back to the once. :)

Upvote 0

Bargainfluger

Playin' in Joes Garage
Sep 14, 2004
MD
✟1,946.00
Faith
Atheist
Praxiteles said:

Can't say I didn't see that one coming.

And thank you for curbing your awesome presence to allow others to shine through. Your modesty is a model to which we all should aspire.

Upvote 0
Bargainfluger said:
Can't say I didn't see that one coming.

And thank you for curbing your awesome presence to allow others to shine through. Your modesty is a model to which we all should aspire.

Predictability is a virtue.

All of this is, naturally, OT. (My raison d'être). I suppose that is keeping this thread bumped in case a real-life YECcie should stumble across it.

Upvote 0

Bargainfluger

Playin' in Joes Garage
Sep 14, 2004
MD
✟1,946.00
Faith
Atheist
Praxiteles said:
My raison d'être
Sorry, I don't speak Australian. (Yeah, I know it's French, Mr. language police)

But I think I get the gist of what you were saying.

wpeD15.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Bargainfluger said:
Sorry, I don't speak Australian. (Yeah, I know it's French, Mr. language police)

But I think I get the gist of what you were saying.

[Praxiteles' bandwidth]

I'm melting! I'm melting....

wizardofzwitchmelt7.JPG

[/Praxiteles' bandwidth]

Upvote 0