Creationists dug out a living dinosaur and were able to publish it in a leading magazine?!

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread is funny. Of course it's an astonishing find, and to say the very possible conclusions drawn from it means little or nothing, is as astonishing as the find.

Did anyone have proof just how long soft tissue remains in that state? Should be pretty simple to figure out if they aren't pretty sure already.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
This thread is funny. Of course it's an astonishing find, and to say the very possible conclusions drawn from it means little or nothing, is as astonishing as the find.

Did anyone have proof just how long soft tissue remains in that state? Should be pretty simple to figure out if they aren't pretty sure already.
It's an unusual circumstance of chemicals present when it was preserved.

This is evidence that it can be preserved longer then we initially suspected.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's an unusual circumstance of chemicals present when it was preserved.

This is evidence that it can be preserved longer then we initially suspected.

How long can soft tissue be preserved outside of special containment?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, I love the article. It begins "Soft tissues and cell-like microstructures derived from skeletal elements of a well-preserved Tyrannosaurus rex (MOR 1125) were represented by four components in fragments of demineralized cortical and/or medullary bone".

The dingus was originally hard as a rock (because it was a rock - mineralized at any rate). It was not alive. It was, like coal, something which had been alive. But isn't any longer. But like coal, it looks like something that was once alive. Because, like coal, it was once alive.

NOOO. It is found as SOFT material. That is the whole key.
The so-called mineralization is only found on the surface of the soft tissue. And they suggested that is the reason the soft tissue was able to be protected so long (which I do not agree).

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
NOOO. It is found as SOFT material. That is the whole key.
The so-called mineralization is only found on the surface of the soft tissue. And they suggested that is the reason the soft tissue was able to be protected so long (which I do not agree).
Why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't follow your mirth.

"Ha! This nit-whit thinks paleontologists know about finding fossils! What a maroon."

You think he read that?
Creationists dug out a living dinosaur and were able to publish it in a leading magazine! Death of Darwinism? So the Biblical Science of Creation is not pseudoscience, because it has at least one (not detracted yet - surprise!) peer-review article: Mary Higby Schweitzer, Jennifer L Wittmeyer, and John R Horner. Soft tissue and cellular preservation in vertebrate skeletal elements from the Cretaceous to the present. Proc. R. Soc. B (2007), 274: 183-197.
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspb.2006.3705

Will I mumble to you that at least the cells in the dinosaur were alive, but the brain didn't work ?!

I wonder, are you deliberately trying to convey the impression that creationists are liars or do you just think that you can get away with lying and that no one will notice?

Follow up question. You obviously believe what you read in the bible, so do you feel that it's worth breaking the ten commandments, the consequences of which are clear, to promote a debateable, minority interpretation of Genesis?

I for one wouldn't want to join a club with such scant regard for moral standards.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, juve, it wasn't. Read the dang paper.

I will give you a much much simpler assignment: read the title of the paper.
Can't believe this. That is how evolutionist argues. No wonder evolution is full of holes.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Can't believe this. That is how evolutionist argues. No wonder evolution is full of holes.

Except that people have read the paper rather than just the title and it doesn't say what you think it says.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Juvenissun.... you need to read books and papers. You can't just read the title and imagine what you'd like to be true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Juvenissun.... you need to read books and papers. You can't just read the title and imagine what you'd like to be true.

It says "living dinosaur" in the thread title. When that feels so good inside, why bother looking for information to support it?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I've read the paper, juve. Am I supposed to ignore what the paper says based on your silly interpretation of the title?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That would require effort and intellectual honesty.

It's amazing to me that someone can make a claim like that, dripping with condescension, without even checking to make sure he is right first.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing to me that someone can make a claim like that, dripping with condescension, without even checking to make sure he is right first.
Being right does not come into it. What is important is "winning" against the evil atheist conspiracy to deny God.

Upvote 0