Creationists dug out a living dinosaur and were able to publish it in a leading magazine?!

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It also makes the assumption that the possibility of such a late survival of dinosaurs somehow invalidates the geology of an old Earth.

This case only says that Dino is young. It does not say the earth is not old. Get your logic straight.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Why is this not correct?
There's no reason to make such an assumption, and the paper shows how such cells could endure over a long amount of time.

This case only says that Dino is young. It does not say the earth is not old. Get your logic straight.
You're right, even if the dinosaur was young, that doesn't mean the Earth isn't old.

However, when this research is cited by creationists, that is typically the argument they try to pass off.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
But many creationists do say so, so it's not my logic that isn't straight.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There's no reason to make such an assumption, and the paper shows how such cells could endure over a long amount of time.

There is EVERY reason to argue the protein is not likely to be preserved because 99.999...% of known cases are NOT. In this case, only ONE exception would be enough to negate the old age.

If you care, we can look into the details of those suggested conditions of preservation. They can not resist the elements for 10E8 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
There is EVERY reason to argue the protein is not likely to be preserved because 99.999...% of known cases are NOT. In this case, only ONE exception would be enough to negate the old age.

If you care, we can look into the details of those suggested conditions of preservation. They can not resist the elements for 10E8 years.

The people who actually made the find and studied it disagree. I’m inclined to go with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then may be the living cell in the Dino discovered is not real either.

What living cell found in what dinosaur? This happened only in fantasy, not reality. The study describes nonliving "cell-like microstructures".

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What living cell found in what dinosaur? This happened only in fantasy, not reality. The study describes nonliving "cell-like microstructures".

OK, my exaggeration. But I think it is more than that. Coal is loaded with cell-like structure, and that is not an issue.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
OK, my exaggeration. But I think it is more than that. Coal is loaded with cell-like structure, and that is not an issue.

Of course not. Like dinosaur remnants, coal is not alive. However both were living things, so we are not surprised that they were once made of living cells.

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0