1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Creationist thoughts on dinosaurs?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Warden_of_the_Storm, May 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Exactly what it says on the tin: What are Creationist thoughts on dinosaurs?

I'm curious and I would like to know.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RileyG

RileyG Veteran

+1,976
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    subscribing. i'm curious as well

3. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Like, I know there's the claim that dinosaurs were around at the time of Noah but were denied access to the ark, but I've not seen anyone go into details on why that is. Which then also precludes that either dinosaurs existed in Eden or where created some time after.

I'm just curious is all.

4. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+12,238
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    There may have been an issue with spelling. No name on the list, no entry.

5. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+3,232
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    -
    My thoughts are, they came about the same time that the nephilim did in Genesis 6 and were destroyed in the flood.

6. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    So they're a type of... what would that make the dinosaurs then, if they came about at the same time as the nephilim? Abominations?

7. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+8,340
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That about 66 million years ago...

A just-right asteroid came to Earth

Not too big -- much bigger could have extinguished all life. Not too small -- even just 30% smaller would not have done the job.

It was just right.

And so most dinosaurs became carrion and compost, clearing the way for us -- a huge number of ecological niches were opened, sparking the rise of the mammals.

Any kind of big environment change always will accelerate evolution.

8. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+6,320
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Well I'm an Old Earth Creationist and follow Hugh Ross point of view on the basic topic. He believes they lived way before the age of man, and God used them to intelligently Design the World for the later appearance of man, basically God knew about us wanting to make lots of vehicles and power plants that run on fossil fuels and was happy to provide us with lots of oil and coal made from former dead animals and plants.

9. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Oh wow! Never come across that one before. That's... that's certainly novel.

10. d taylor

+3,232
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Just as satan took fallen angels and human women brought about a corrupt being. I see no reason that that could have not been also done in the animal world also.

As Genesis states So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

11. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    But, would that mean that there none corrupted animals like dinosaurs around before the Noahic Flood?

12. d taylor

+3,232
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    No i believe satan took animal like lizards, snakes, etc.. and brought about a distorted/corrupted version of animal life.

13. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Okay.

14. Halbhh

+8,340
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Ah, the 'why that is' for this creationist and hundreds of millions like me would be something like "because they were already dead tens of millions of years earlier". (except for the birds of course)

15. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Except that that claim doesn't really work with regards to the creationists who say that the world is only 6,000 or so years old.

16. d taylor

+3,232
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Oil, coal etc.. is a created resource like water. Just as water does not run out i believe oil can not run out.

17. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Except that water is a resource that can be constantly replenished via the atmosphere.

Oil is not such a resource and cannot be replenished except under VERY specific circumstances, and we are running out of oil.

18. Halbhh

+8,340
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's right. Also, while I get it you want to ask the young earth creationists, you did say just 'creationists' without saying 'young earth', and that opens up for us old earth creationists to answer.

19. Warden_of_the_Storm

+5,403
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    I know, but you never know what opinions some people have on these matters, and I am interested in knowing.

20. roman2819

roman2819 Well-Known Member Supporter

+192
    Singapore
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Fossils of Dinosaurs today prove that they existed. I believe in creation but I am certain God didn't create in 6 days x 24 hours. He created all creatures including dinosaurs. Later the dinosaurs died from many reasons. Perhaps the last of them were drowned in the big flood.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.