Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So?

What did Lucifer say to himself?

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.I never knew that. But I'll take your word for it, since it furthers my point.Surely you don't think I'm going to say NO, do you?

I'd like to think you understand my train of thought now, and can know how I'm going to answer a question before you even ask it.

Frankly yes, I did expect you to say "NO". My knowledge of Christianity isn't so failed that I would think that any confessing Christian would call the three persons of the trinity "fallen angels".

My point: The language used to name your god doesn't change it's nature or at least the way you perceive it.

My secondary point: English isn't majik and for reasons that drive me nuts your religion calls its god by the generic name "God" in English and its equivalents in almost all languages including Arabic. (Islam does the same in Arabic, but Moslem use the Arabic word for god which gives a different false impression that "Allah" is the "name" of god.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Samhain. The festival is quite ancient. The concept of fallen angels derives from the Book of Enoch, which dates only from the third century BC.
And again, I'm Genghis Khan.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For your info Genghis, Christmas Day 2020 falls on the astronomical Julian date 2459222.
What? is that Genghis' phone number or something?

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My secondary point: English isn't majik and for reasons that drive me nuts your religion calls its god by the generic name "God" in English and its equivalents in almost all languages including Arabic.
That's to confuse the educated.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's 2020 CE where I live and Christmas is 3 months away. I really hate it when Christmas creeps forward before Thanksgiving.

(I'm not part of a "war" on Christmas, but I do support a "containment policy".)
Incidentally, Hans, can you explain this fact?

Oct 31 = Dec 25

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's the number of days astronomers have been counting from the date Jan 1st 4713 BC.
I'll leave to you to find why this day is significant.
There was never a Jan 1st 4713 BC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There was never a Jan 1st 4713 BC.

Technically, that is true. It is a retroactive date applied after the development of the defunct "AD/BC" dating system. (Which isn't nearly as good as the AC/DC dating system.)

The date 24 Aug 79 AD never existed either, but we do know that Vesuvius erupted on the 24th of August in the year Titus, destroyer of the Temple of Jerusalem, became emperor. So we now use that date to refer to that event.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hex 19

Your religion has a strong history of numerology.

I appreciate a good math joke, but of all the dumb superstitions numerology may annoy me the most.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't even know what's happening in this thread anymore.

Things were going kind of OK, then the suggestion that the creation myth might be like other creation myths was too much for the Great Diverter so out came the list of Christian things that Christians do as "proof" of Christianity. A few of us took the bait (or answered playfully) this afternoon and here we are.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Me neither - and I'm the OP :confused:

OB

If things are out of control you could always ask the mods to shut it down. That's what he would do.

Or we could just bask in the glory of the progress we have made in teaching real science. Isn't it grand? (Unfortunately this is where I thought we were 40 years ago, until I discovered how regressive my countryman are.)

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If things are out of control you could always ask the mods to shut it down. That's what he would do.

Or we could just bask in the glory of the progress we have made in teaching real science. Isn't it grand? (Unfortunately this is where I thought we were 40 years ago, until I discovered how regressive my countryman are.)
He (Genghis Khan) might have learnt how clever astronomers are with the Jan 1st 4713 BC date.
I'm perplexed why creation occurred on Oct 23rd 4004 BC and not Jan 1st or even the more appropriate Apr 22nd which is the Earth's birthday. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.