small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think God didn't create Eve the way he created Adam?

If you question a myth too closely in its details you might just miss the meaning.

• Haha
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is closer than skin deep to him, of the center of his chest, protecting his heart and breath. The two are as one.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You believe there are myths in the bible? That's like saying there are lies in the bible. Are you joking??

I am quite serious and I am not at all suggesting that there are lies in the Bible. Jesus taught valuable lessons in parables. These are fictional stories that challenge our understandings and push us into thinking outside the box. There are three entire OT books that are extended parables. Genesis is partly parabolic. If it were entirely literal then why are there two contradictory creation stories in Genesis, not to mention the three creation stories elsewhere in Bible?

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They would have been individuals rather than partners. There would have been competition rather than cooperation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's why. (not created like the animals)

Genesis 2:23
The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,130,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He wanted to improve on what He already had .... ??? :ahah:
For some reason this reminded me that Adam had named all the animals, "... but no suitable helper was found." - Gen.2:20

No mention of whether there were already females of the animals, or not. So, if there were, Adam named all the animal couples, without noticing he had no mate. Or, the animal mates were created after Eve. I wonder which is more likely?

I'll wait while the jokes pour in. :234:

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am quite serious and I am not at all suggesting that there are lies in the Bible. Jesus taught valuable lessons in parables. These are fictional stories that challenge our understandings and push us into thinking outside the box. There are three entire OT books that are extended parables. Genesis is partly parabolic. If it were entirely literal then why are there two contradictory creation stories in Genesis, not to mention the three creation stories elsewhere in Bible?
That's curious. Tell us more.
Where are the three other creation stories in the Bible? Why don't you take Genesis literally? Do the two creation stories really contradict one another?

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,130,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For some reason this reminded me that Adam had named all the animals, "... but no suitable helper was found." - Gen.2:20

No mention of whether there were already females of the animals, or not. So, if there were, Adam named all the animal couples, without noticing he had no mate. Or, the animal mates were created after Eve. I wonder which is more likely?

I'll wait while the jokes pour in. :234:

Ok. How about this one: It's a good thing that Adam didn't find a suitable helper among the animals.............................(drum roll)....................or all of us guys would be in a heap of trouble in the bedroom!!! ^_^ [.....oh, no, 2PV! You didn't! --Oh, but I did.]

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's curious. Tell us more.
Where are the three other creation stories in the Bible? Why don't you take Genesis literally? Do the two creation stories really contradict one another?

Whoa! One thing at a time.

Most modern bible scholars believe that Moses did not write the Torah. Based on their quite different writing styles and use of vocabulary, at least five authors (J,E,P,D and R) have been tentatively identified . "J" used Jehovah exclusively for God and may have been a person, perhaps a woman, in the court of Solomon about 950 BC. "E" used Elohim for God and wrote in the Northern Kingdom about 200 years later. "P" was concerned primarily with ritual and law and were probably priests writing during the Exile. "D" wrote the entire book of Deuteronomy about 625 BC. "R" were the redactors or editors who cobbled it all together. This whole process took place over some 500 years. The type of scholarship that led to the above conclusion is known as "critical biblical scholarship". In this context the word "critical" carries a narrow meaning ---- analytical and objective and not necessarily literal. It does not imply that this scholarship regards the Bible in any sort of pejorative way. In the case of the creation stories in Genesis, Genesis 1 was by the P author writing during the Exile while Genesis 2ff was by the J author writing about 350 years earlier.

• Informative
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

so they would be one flesh ... if they were created individually then they would not be one flesh.

Upvote 0