creation and age of earth explain thru scriptiure

Two Floods 6000 years from 2nd flood and who knows how much time between 2nd and 1st flood

verses explaining who what why

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created [john 1:3, hebrews 1:10] the heaven and earth[from nothing]. 2 And the earth became without form [Isa 45:18] and void, and darkness[judgement] was upon the face of the deep[water]. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens, God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else

Sin of Lucifer and why Judgement was on the earth

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the Garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art [Holy Spirit]anointed cherub that covereth ; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God{God's Government}; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity [lack of integrity] was found in thee. 16By the multitude[idea's sold] of thy merchandise they have filled[spread] the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.[eden] 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reasonof thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries[holy places more than one] by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

2 peter 3:5 For they willingly are ignorant of , that by the word of God the heavenswere of old, and the earth standing #1 out of water and #2 thru the water. [two floods] 6 Where by the world that then was being overflowed with water perished

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earh? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 who hath lais the messures [power/how big God is] thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof. 7 When the morning stars's sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? [saw stars and universe being created]

son of God this are from indiviul creation not by salvation
job 1:6,2:1,38:7

col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible,whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.

world flooded would be impossible today why then?

as it was before the flood it will be during the the 1000 yr reign

Rev 16:18 .... agreat earthquake
REV 16:20 ....every island fled away, and the mountains were not found

This verse is after Rev 16

Isaiah 35:6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dump sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. 7 And parched ground shall become a pool, and thirsty land springs of water: in the habition of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Brethren, you started off with the claim of two world-wide floods.

But most of the verses you used tell you the who and why of creation. This is what the Bible is for and no one here is saying absolutely that God did not create. Even the atheists here are good about knowing that their belief is a belief and not trying to convert you.

The only verses you use to substantiate the two floods claim is this:

"2 peter 3:5 For they willingly are ignorant of , that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing #1 out of water and #2 thru the water. [two floods] 6 Where by the world that then was being overflowed with water perished."

Now, Peter is really dealing with the mystery of why the end times haven't come yet. 3:3-4: "They will make fun of you and ask: "He promised to come didn't he? Where is he? Our fathers have already died, but everything is still the same as it was since the creation of the world!"

So, Peter wants to provide an answer. My translation of 3:5-6 is very different than the one you give:
"They [the questioners] purposely ignore the fact that long ago God gave a command, and the heavens and the earth were created. The earth was formed out of water and by water, and it was also by the water of the flood that the old world was destroyed."

Here we have very standard theology: forming the world out of water is Genesis 1:2 and 1:9 and then a flood for Genesis 6-8. Not two floods, but the reference to water in the Genesis 1 creation story.

One the scientific side, the evidence falsifies even 1 world wide flood, much less 2.

Upvote 0
lucaspa said:
Now, Peter is really dealing with the mystery of why the end times haven't come yet. 3:3-4: "They will make fun of you and ask: "He promised to come didn't he? Where is he? Our fathers have already died, but everything is still the same as it was since the creation of the world!"

2PETER 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night

So, Peter wants to provide an answer. My translation of 3:5-6 is very different than the one you give:
"They [the questioners] purposely ignore the fact that long ago God gave a command, and the heavens and the earth were created. The earth was formed out of water and by water, and it was also by the water of the flood that the old world was destroyed."

Here we have very standard theology: forming the world out of water is Genesis 1:2 and 1:9 and then a flood for Genesis 6-8. Not two floods, but the reference to water in the Genesis 1 creation story.

So you do not see that the earth ...aka Eden was a world of Gems in Ezekeil 28:12-18

Then in world flooded in Gen 1:2 then in Gen 7:17-24 plus 2 peter 3:5-6 talks about these two floods also ....

But what is your explanation of Gen 5:5-32 how Adam lived till he was adam 907 years old or
seth 912 yrs vs 8 or
Enos 908 yrs vs 11
Cainan 910 yrs vs 14
Mahalaleel 895 yrs vs 17
Jared 962 yrs vs 20
Enoch lived 365 yrs before God took him
Methuselah 960 yrs vs 27
Lamech lived 777 yrs
Noah lived 950 yrs old

Must have had different living conditions to be able to live that long

Dinansours where did they come from prove it with your thoughts...science what ever ... so you were there ....no

God was there he said it happened so it happened if your athesis who cares what you think

God says it I believe it!!!!!

Upvote 0

Cantuar

Forever England
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Agnostic
God was there he said it happened so it happened if your athesis who cares what you think

First, the people who disagree with a literal interpretation of Genesis aren't necessarily atheists; they include a significant proportion of Christians. Second, the Earth itself shows no evidence of recent creation or a worldwide flood. I assume you agree that God created the Earth as well as inspiring the Bible - so I'm sure we're all very interested in hearing your explanation of why the Earth itself is so different from your interpretation of the Genesis account. They can't both be right, which means that either God's got it wrong somewhere or you have.

Upvote 0
Cantuar said:
your explanation of why the Earth itself is so different from your interpretation of the Genesis account. They can't both be right, which means that either God's got it wrong somewhere or you have.

God can do any thing like make a rock to talk...

during Adams time there was no mountain then as it will be in the 1000yr reign verse can get rev 6:12,14 and rev 16:18-20 to make this possible

reason that they lived so long Ice was around earth and when it started flooding I am sure large pieces of Ice fell around the earth

earth divided in Gen 10:25

sorry not very organized going from top of head .......Have 100 page paper on Gen it just makes sense and runs thru out the bible

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
A Brethren IN CHRIST said:
2PETER 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Further explanation of why the end times haven't come yet. Thanks for backing my point about the story.

So you do not see that the earth ...aka Eden was a world of Gems in Ezekeil 28:12-18

Eden is NOT the earth. Genesis 2 makes it very clear that Eden was a garden ON the earth, not the earth itself.

For someone who wants us to believe the Bible, you are certainly warping and ignoring the Bible.

Now, how does that address what I wrote and what Paul was saying in 2 Peter? To refresh your memory"

Isn't Paul referring to Genesis 1:2 and 1:9? If not, why not? FROM 2 PETER.
Then in world flooded in Gen 1:2 then in Gen 7:17-24 plus 2 peter 3:5-6 talks about these two floods also ....

Sorry, I showed that 2 Peter 3:5-6 isn't talking about 2 floods. You have to address my argument before you can simply repeat your assertion.

Genesis 1: 2 is not a "world flooded". There IS no world yet because the earth hasn't been created yet.

Genesis 7:17-24 is not two floods, but only one. And the ONLY flood.

But what is your explanation of Gen 5:5-32 how Adam lived till he was adam 907 years old or
seth 912 yrs vs 8 or
Enos 908 yrs vs 11
Cainan 910 yrs vs 14
Mahalaleel 895 yrs vs 17
Jared 962 yrs vs 20
Enoch lived 365 yrs before God took him
Methuselah 960 yrs vs 27
Lamech lived 777 yrs
Noah lived 950 yrs old

Must have had different living conditions to be able to live that long

Or the human authors did what EVERY other religion of the time was doing: ascribing long life to ancestors. You find this in the Greek, Babylonian, and Egyptian creation accounts. It was always better in the past.

Dinansours where did they come from prove it with your thoughts...science what ever ... so you were there ....no

You don't "prove it with yoru thoughts", but demonstrate it with data. There was an excellent article in Science on the evolution of dinos, including their ancestors.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/vol284/issue5423/index.shtml

God was there he said it happened so it happened if your athesis who cares what you think God says it I believe it!!!!!

Then why don't you believe what God says in His OTHER BOOK? You know, CREATION.

What you believe is YOUR interpretation of the Bible. Not God or what GOD said. But what YOU say God says. I'll listen to what God tells me, both in His Creation and in the Bible. The Bible tells you the who and why of creation. Creation itself tells you the how. And God created by evolution.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
God can do any thing like make a rock to talk...

That doesn't address Cantuar's point. Yes, God can do anything He wants. But why did He contradict Himself in the Bible and His Creation?

Now, God does not contradict Himself. So that means that you have the wrong interpretation of the Bible. Unless you would like to tell God that He got it wrong in His creation? I certainly wouldn't want to do that, but, hey, you may have more chutzpah than I. I would rather change my interpretation of the Bible.

reason that they lived so long Ice was around earth and when it started flooding I am sure large pieces of Ice fell around the earth

1. How would ice around the earth extend life?
2. You do realize that if this were really the case, that so much sunlight would be blocked that the whole earth would freeze and kill everyone on it? That would tend to shorten their life by quite a bit.

Upvote 0
lucaspa said:
Further explanation of why the end times haven't come yet. Thanks for backing my point about the story.

Eden is NOT the earth. Genesis 2 makes it very clear that Eden was a garden ON the earth, not the earth itself.

Just want to show eden was on earth

Isn't Paul referring to Genesis 1:2 and 1:9? If not, why not? FROM 2 PETER.

Sorry, I showed that 2 Peter 3:5-6 isn't talking about 2 floods. You have to address my argument before you can simply repeat your assertion.

Genesis 1: 2 is not a "world flooded". There IS no world yet because the earth hasn't been created yet.

Genesis 7:17-24 is not two floods, but only one. And the ONLY flood.

Gen 1:1 in the beginning God created the heavens and earth.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was with out form and void................
add Isa 45:18 remember that verse That I already wrote once and you are ignoring

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the eaRTH and made it; established it, he created it not in vain he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD and there is none else

who did he make it for and why was there water over everything ?????

Upvote 0
lucaspa said:
1. How would ice around the earth extend life?
2. You do realize that if this were really the case, that so much sunlight would be blocked that the whole earth would freeze and kill everyone on it? That would tend to shorten their life by quite a bit.

2peter 1:19-21

2tim 3:16

both verse says that God inspired the Bible. so are you calling God a Lier
in says that the ages are wrong ....

that wrong my God cann't lie and he will do what he says we will do

Upvote 0

Siliconaut

Not to be confused with the other Norman Hartnell
@ABIC:
19And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation.
21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

These verses actually contradict you, as they effectively say that - while the bible is divinely inspired, man's interpretation of biblical texts is a priori flawed, as they who interpret are *not* prophets. Your interpretation is wrong, not God, and that's precisely what lucaspa is gently trying to tell you.

You still fail to have actually *answered* a single point raised, so you might now find the time to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davyuk

You can call me Sir.
Jul 11, 2003
Oxford, UK
Visit site
✟693.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
UK-Labour
2peter 1:19-21

2tim 3:16

both verse says that God inspired the Bible. so are you calling God a Lier
in says that the ages are wrong ....

that wrong my God cann't lie and he will do what he says we will do

Have you ever considered those who wrote the Bible to be the liars? If God played no part in the contents of the Bible, then to say that the Earth is millions, not thousands, of years old would not be accusing the Big Fella of any wrong doing whatsoever.

You seem to believe the Bible is the word of God because the Bible says so. That is just as foolhardy as asking a murderer whether he committed the crime and taking his word for it without looking at the evidence.

Worshipping the Bible - I'm sure there's a word for it.

Upvote 0
Two Floods 6000 years from 2nd flood and who knows how much time between 2nd and 1st flood

verses explaining who what why

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created [john 1:3, hebrews 1:10] the heaven and earth[from nothing]. 2 And the earth became without form [Isa 45:18] and void, and darkness[judgement] was upon the face of the deep[water]. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens, God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else

Sin of Lucifer and why Judgement was on the earth

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the Garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art [Holy Spirit]anointed cherub that covereth ; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God{God's Government}; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity [lack of integrity] was found in thee. 16By the multitude[idea's sold] of thy merchandise they have filled[spread] the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.[eden] 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reasonof thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries[holy places more than one] by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

2 peter 3:5 For they willingly are ignorant of , that by the word of God the heavenswere of old, and the earth standing #1 out of water and #2 thru the water. [two floods] 6 Where by the world that then was being overflowed with water perished

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earh? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 who hath lais the messures [power/how big God is] thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof. 7 When the morning stars's sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? [saw stars and universe being created]

son of God this are from indiviul creation not by salvation
job 1:6,2:1,38:7

col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible,whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.

world flooded would be impossible today why then?

as it was before the flood it will be during the the 1000 yr reign

Rev 16:18 .... agreat earthquake
REV 16:20 ....every island fled away, and the mountains were not found

This verse is after Rev 16

Isaiah 35:6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dump sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. 7 And parched ground shall become a pool, and thirsty land springs of water: in the habition of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes

It amazes me that God created in gen 1:1 and that it wait a second ....

God created man because we are so special since he died for US ....

Ha Ha ha ha.

maybe he is using us to teach the son's of God [Job 1:6,2:1,38:7] some thing about him not us .....we are considered lower than the angels and will be transformed at the Rapture to above the angels....

but probly not Its IS ALL ABOUT US. not God

according to Isaiah God created the earth to be inhabited and in verse two the Holy Spirit is mourning/guarding Lucifer's, fallen from favor, and suddenly god puts Adam and Eve right in Satan back yard to stir the pot.

but what ever

Upvote 0

Siliconaut

Not to be confused with the other Norman Hartnell
@ABIC:
It amazes me that God created in gen 1:1 and that it wait a second ....

God created man because we are so special since he died for US ....

Ha Ha ha ha.
[etc...]
Please, please, please start making sense. Please.

Upvote 0