• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Creating a "Safe Space" for ourselves

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Dear peers in recovery

When the world is all too much and we need a safe space, how do we create this place?

Dear u2spicy,

I was under the impression that this CF Depression Disorders forum is a safe place for people like us who are in recovery.

Then again, I could be wrong.

May our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.
Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-01.jpg

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Dear peers in recovery

When the world is all too much and we need a safe space, how do we create this place?
it should have a door that can be shut, somewhere that you can curl up comfortably--a couch or a bed if possible--a pillow to hug, maybe even a body pillow, and a soft cozy blanket to hide under.
There should be some familiar books, and soothing audio tapes, and curtains or blinds that can be closed, and a soft rug on the floor.
there should also be a soft robe that you could wrap loosely around your body, soft comfortable slipper sox, and some mild aerosol room spray.
everything should be designed for softness, comfort, and security.

and no clocks!

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
A question was posed to Wigglesworth:
Why didn't the other Apostles rest their head on Jesus like John did?
Wigglesworth replied they didn't want to.
I agree with my friend and sister in Christ Pdudgeon, a soft quiet time of rest is good for you,but listen for the still small voice of the God of all comfort to rest in his arms.

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I commune with God; though due to sin experiencing Him tangibly can be difficult it seems, I recently had a time where I felt like my room was shut out of the world and was full of warmth and coziness.

It felt like the safest place in the Universe. Never had something like that before except a few times, it was amazing and refreshing.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I commune with God; though due to sin experiencing Him tangibly can be difficult it seems, I recently had a time where I felt like my room was shut out of the world and was full of warmth and coziness.

It felt like the safest place in the Universe. Never had something like that before except a few times, it was amazing and refreshing.

Aha good to hear I'm not the only one hearing His foot steps.

The word that is where we can find refuge and if we hold onto our Lord's Love then He will take us in Spirit and carry us to paradise time and again until only tears are left and then? Bliss forevermore! The is how The Living Word works - honestly so!

Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation –
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life –
of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.:oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you, ‘Seek his face!’
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Saviour.
Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
Do not hand me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aha good to hear I'm not the only one hearing His foot steps.

The word that is where we can find refuge and if we hold onto our Lord's Love then He will take us in Spirit and carry us to paradise time and again until only tears are left and then? Bliss forevermore! The is how The Living Word works - honestly so!

Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation –
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life –
of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.:oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you, ‘Seek his face!’
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Saviour.
Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
Do not hand me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Absolutely! In fact it is when meditating and praying the Word that this thing had happened to me :)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone ever feel that some quiet space isn't possible, or its not allowable?

didnt yeshua take some down time too, to go away from the others and be still?

It is in the stillness that we find Him. It is when love takes us before His face. It is when we bow our heads, fall down flat and live paradise just seeing Him, being touched by Him, to fel Him surround me with love so good that it streams.....

Oh my Lord how I thirst even now. Rremembering You my Lord. When oh when shall I see Your Face again? You turned against me! I sinned! I fell! I raised myself up against You! I cursed Your Holy Name! I died ten thousands deaths and found You back under neat all of my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]! And i die again and again with You in agony to what I did to You betraying You for that selfish big I i had been stuck with all my life, not knowing why this was so.

Yet you forgave me and brought me peace. I love You.

Please Lord God Creator of Heaven and earth. Please You who are and made all things send Jesus!

Honest Father we need Him here. For so many try to serve You but are not allowed, even now they smashing my doors down and trying to steal my peace and make me scared and rob me of Your peace in me.

Please Lord let me be brave and face them all!

Please let the devil not get me again, i honestly can't do this again. I've had enough of it all.
I need some sleep.
Please?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel so sad for our Lord Jesus. So sad we as Christians have not been like Him. We fall so far so short it makes me feel so sad.

Even in our Church. Many serve the dragon god as God and come to church to wroship him, their guilty conscience instead of true Love, our Lord Jesus. They come to church such a noisy bunch and do you think they shut up? They dominate the whole atmosphere, talk about stifling.
understand that?
Yes I do.
who else knows about stifling spirits? Those that quell our spirit and stop us from being able to express ourselves? My wife is badly stricken by one of those. I think my horrible psychotic rages have a real lot to do with that. She loves me so and i do her and yet this gap is there between us, not because we want it or anything. Mental illness is so bloody cruel i hate it. I hate that we have to suffer like this. I hate the devil for making our realities like so and denying us our Lord down here. He paid fro us all!
How come that creep is still ruling down here?
who is guilty of having sold their soul to the devil?
and stole our salvation from down here?
Who is drinking our life blood?
Even now?

I hate that harlot ruling the nations through all the crap she spins in front of us through tv and the net and media.
I hate them blasting light beams - (it drives me crazy time and again!)
I hate them burning nuclear fuel! (Why would our Creator make reactor stars you think? Yet stupidly humanity produces a fallen star burning a hole into earths crust even now spilling lethally poisonous debris all over the world. How are we going to solve that?
Jesus!!! How we need Jesus Down Here.
pinning away it is not so!
evildoers rule this planet I'm sure about that. Even now they plot our murder amass. They want the earth for themselves and prepare to conquer the stars, even grasping after eternal life with out our Lord, like the Pharaohs of the past did. Such folly to be.
Oh dear Lord Jesus we are in the hands of ruthless killers who have prepared a very long time for this. So many little ones are scared, such evil around freaks them big time I can hear them crying the terror even now. As it was with me isn't Lord? Those evildoers are looking forward to the slaughter, loving to rape and kill and dominate - though some fell under the pressure and leaked the plots going on - but sadly all paid with their lives.

Even now I pray Jesus to curse the wicked's plans and protect us all from disaster. In Jesus Name I ask the God Almighty bring relief to all those suffer and the rich among us put word to deed and feed them and care fro them just as Jesus taught us to do and the we learn to love and respect each other and carry each others pain and preserve peoples dreams and not trample them and let God be true and NOT satan rule this planet any more ever but the wicked dead in all of us.

In God's Word it is written that we can ask for whatever in Your Name and we receive.

So i ask You this Father. Please give humanity her heart back and get rid off those sons of lawlessness' raping and plunder our good life in Your Loving Truth.

Above all that we stop hurting You my Lord. i can't say sorry enough about all of that, how can we be so cruel to hurt You? While You LOVE us ALL? i'm not even worthy lifting my head up. seeing You. please save us Lord. Please?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel so sad for our Lord Jesus. So sad we as Christians have not been like Him. We fall so far so short it makes me feel so sad. Even in our Church. Many serve the dragon god as God and come to church to wroship him, their guilty conscience instead of true Love, our Lord Jesus. They come to church such a noisy bunch and do you think they shut up? Mental illness is so bloody cruel i hate it. I hate that we have to suffer like this. I hate the devil for making our realities like so and denying us our Lord down here. He paid fro us all!
How come that creep is still ruling down here? evildoers rule this planet I'm sure about that. NOT satan rule this planet any more. please save us Lord. Please?
That is His promise to us and He will keep it, Just be patient and accept the hope that Christ gave us for the near future. You must see your attitude as negitively speaking and we should be happy that God's plans are happening right now. There is no devil, it is our own doings that condemn us. Mental illness is brought on by a health mis-nomer, not by any devil. Please accept this world in its present evil state as a way for God to develope the last days and to set up His Kindom here on earth.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is His promise to us and He will keep it, Just be patient and accept the hope that Christ gave us for the near future. You must see your attitude as negitively speaking and we should be happy that God's plans are happening right now. There is no devil, it is our own doings that condemn us. Mental illness is brought on by a health mis-nomer, not by any devil. Please accept this world in its present evil state as a way for God to develope the last days and to set up His Kindom here on earth.

Huh no devil you say? What kind of lies you heeding my friend?

While our Lord says;
Luke 8:12
Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

are you serious?

This is what is saw on t.v as a kid

war.jpg

this is what i see on the net now.
war2.jpg

and not only that i see the leaders responsible fro such carnage do this for a pass time.
satanworshippers.jpg

And know how Jesus resisted satan offering Him power like that which obviously these men and women in the above and elsewhere involved with lies and its evil force on this earth, didn't do that, though they pretend to be good we all know by now they are lying to us 24/7, unlike our Lord warning us about those evildoers.

Matthew 4:1-11
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting for forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, ‘If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.’

Jesus answered, ‘It is written: “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”’

Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the highest point of the temple. ‘If you are the Son of God,’ he said, ‘throw yourself down. For it is written:

‘“He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”’

Jesus answered him, ‘It is also written: “Do not put the Lord your God to the test.”

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour. 9 ‘All this I will give you,’ he said, ‘if you will bow down and worship me.’

Jesus said to him, ‘Away from me, Satan! For it is written: “Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.”’

Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Here are some images that further prove satan is alive and doing well within humanity with many followers among the elite ruling this planet.

The Opening Ceremony of the World's Largest Tunnel Was a Bizarre Occult Ritual - The Vigilant Citizen

Now I'm not even including my life long testimony to this for obviously you don't believe that as it is just a figment of our imagination and not the real force to reckon with as Paul warns us about in Ephesian 6 and John in 1 John 4, and how many more places shall i mention the danger that our enemy is.

Now sure you are allowed to believe whatever you wish, but please don't spin yarns like that to me ever, fro i know very much better than that. Lies bring no comfort but increase my torture for satan will use your good will to undermine mine and i've got enough troubles as it is getting away from that creep lying to me 24/7.

Blessings and love.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heres my one of my safe places, specifically for the night time

At night my safe place is Christian music playing on youtube on autoplay so it plays all night long or WVCY Christian music for the evening that plays until sunrise, with prayer and praise music and scripture reading

I'm surrounded by soft lights or by candlelight

I read CF and often go to scripture reading along with it

I lay down and let soft Christian music comfort me and carry me through the night

My bed has a heating pad all ready to relax my sore body

and the fans are running to keep the place cool and comfortable

I close my eyes to rest filled with the scriptural messages in songs playing all night long and memories of what I learned on CF that was healing today.

Upvote 0