Visit site
✟552.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
For a long time, I always believed I was made special by God in my mother's womb.

Why does the poetic reference to this, made by David, and the reference made by author of Joshua suggest that this applies to me at all?

I currently think we have misinterpreted yet another "gooshy" feeling we get from reading the Bible at face value and assuming it is universal.

Peace out.

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God knows the number of the hairs on your head, all your comings and goings, and you live and breathe and move inside Him:

Acts 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Well, then I'd say we are pretty close. He in us and us in Him is pretty transcendental sounding, but it would be convenient for a God wanting to be near those He loves. The "gooshy" feelings come and go in life, much like the song from the Bible "Turn Turn Turn" - to everything there is a time and reason (season).

Hang tight with the Lord, my friend :)

Upvote 0

MrMalone

Aug 22, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
✟552.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Ok, what is the Biblical evidence that we are created special, by God, in our mothers womb?

raphe.

Just because God "knows" about the hairs on my head doesn't mean that he created them special in my mothers womb.

P.S. I am not at all discussing the fact that we as humans are in the IMAGE of God. I am not talking about that at all. As a human being, I have the "image" of God already. That is a topic for discussion on a completely different forum.

Peace out.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Isaiah 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
There is more.

Upvote 0
Hi I am new here but I just thought you might want to read Romans chapter 9
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
This tells me that God has a purpose for everyone He calls and to what He has called us to do. Therefore God being a God of order would not let creation run rampid but he is the aurthor and finnisher of us all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Ok, what is the Biblical evidence that we are created special, by God, in our mothers womb?

Psalm 139:13-14a
    For You formed my inward parts;
    You covered me in my mother's womb.
    [14] I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works,

There are many people who know about God. They know what others have told them about God. But they do not really know God for themselves. The reason is, that sin seperates us from God.

But God loved us so much, that He gave His Son Jesus. The division between us and God has been removed so once again, we can know God. We can walk with Him, and talk with Him the way Adam did before the fall. We can know how He feels about us. The love He has for us, and how special we are to Him. How He relentlessly chases after us and will not let us go, only we can turn our back on Him. But He will never turn turn away from those who seek to love Him and who seek to draw closer to Him.

In the world, we can reach out to people, and they could cut our arm right off. But God would never, ever do that. He is always there to give a helping hand to whoever is ready to reach out to Him. He really does love us and care about us, and we really are special to Him. It is a good thing to, because then He can put that love of His in others also, so they can be loving to us. So we can all be loving towards one another. Otherwise, this world is a sad place to be, if you remove God's love & grace from it.

Those who do not believe that, will be given a chance during the tribulaton period, to find out just what this world will be like, when you remove God's love and grace from it.

Not only can we know God's love for us, but also He gives us that love one for another. So the world can know about God's love, by looking to see the love that Christians have, one for another.

I remember my Grandmother. For years I use to tell her about God's love. She use to say that it all sounded so good, that she wished she could believe. Then one day when she was 99 years old, I went into see her, and she was being tormented. She asked me what she should do. I said to cry out to God for help. I remember that she was holding my hand. When I felt it was time to leave I had a hard time prying her hand lose so I could go. I was thinking, what is this a 99 year old women can not be that strong. I was a construction worker, a carpenter, and I had very strong hands. But the following year after that I know was the best year of her life. She had a peace that she had never known before. I know that after 99 years, she finally found God, and learned that His love and His peace surpasses all understanding. Up tell then, she was sort of depending on me to give her strength and support. But then she learned to depend upon God to be her comfort and her help.

I could tell you so many stories about my grandmother, esp. her wonderful sense of humor, but it is best not to make these posts to long. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

MrMalone

Aug 22, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
✟552.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Originally posted by JohnR7
>>Ok, what is the Biblical evidence that we are created special, by God, in our mothers womb?

Psalm 139:13-14a
    For You formed my inward parts;
    You covered me in my mother's womb.
    [14] I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, 

This was apparently written by David.  It is first person.  It is talking about him, not me.

Also, lets apply some reasoning here

Because God knows me doesn't not mean he made me.

Because God loves me does not mean he made me.

Because God has a plan for me does not mean he made me.

Because God can use me does not mean he made me.

Because Jesus died for me does not mean that God made me.

In the world, we can reach out to people, and they could cut our arm right off. But God would never, ever do that. 

WAAAAY off topic.

I disagree anyway.  God diciplines the ones he loves right.  In fact, if he wants us to grow, as an act of love for us, he lets us experience "harm".  Would you disagree?...

Job_38

So you believe that nature can't reproduce anything by itself.  God still has to keep doing everything.  Like after the seventh day he rested, and then went back to work on Monday again.

Like he said it was good... but not finished yet?

I believe that God has the ability to create someone in their womb.  I believe David was for instance... the Bible says so.  I believe there are probably lots of other people too, like Moses probably, Billy Graham, Michael Jackson perhaps...  I feel all nice inside to believe that God made me too, but I see no reason to believe so.  God still loves me and all right but it doesn't follow that he made me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>This was apparently written by David. It is first person. It is talking about him, not me.

If I understand your reasoning. Then in order for God to do a work in someone while they are still in the womb, then the parents would need to be praying for God to do that work. I know I was praying for my son, when he was being formed inside of his mother. I also know for sure that God answered a lot of those prayers. God still continues to do a work in my sons life. Because I pray for him, but also, he receives some benifit from my righteousness before God. Greatness with God, has to do with being a servant. But I have seen many great men of God, who had Godly parents and they were raised in the ways of God, from the beginning. Timothy for example, had a Godly mother and a Godly grandmother. There are reports that Jesus had a Godly mother and a Godly grandmother. John the Baptist was a PK, a preachers kid. His dad was a priest and did service in the temple, also, he had a Godly mother.

Upvote 0

MrMalone

Aug 22, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
✟552.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
>>This was apparently written by David. It is first person. It is talking about him, not me.

If I understand your reasoning. Then in order for God to do a work in someone while they are still in the womb, then the parents would need to be praying for God to do that work. 

Huh?  No.  I am not saying that at all.  I never said one thing about anything doing a "work" in anything in the womb.  So you praying for your child helped him get knit together right?  Where as Michael Jordan's parents maybe didn't pray for him and he turned out great??

Actually if you follow where I am going, I am suggesting that it is more likely that for the bulk of us, God has nothing to do with our specific "creation" at all.

Job_38.

So you dont believe God is the creator of ALL things?>

To answer your question in the way that I know you are asking it... no!  I believe God created all things.  I believe that he can certainly keep making stuff and playing around with things, but not as a rule!

You know, when god made eve for adam (and sex and all that) he said that it was VERY good.  Why do you think that he has to keep making everything?  Ya, by him and through him all things have BEEN made.  God is still god and he can make people in their mother's womb if he wants too, one example I can think of is David.  It says so in the Bible, but it doesn't mean that he made ME like that.  My mom and dad "made" me.  As a human being, I have the image of God, I am not debating that at all.

God made Adam.  Adam made me.

JohnR7.

>>Therefore God being a God of order would not let creation run rampid but he is the aurthor and finnisher of us all.

Really, God always finishs what He starts. If He began a work in us, He will finish that work. As long as we allow Him to.

The work that God want to "finish" in us has nothing to do with the body.  I am not saying God can't USE US IF HE DIDN'T "MAKE" US!  Follow the logic please.  Ask someone for help if you need to.  That has nothing to do with my question.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are many people who know about God. They know what others have told them about God. But they do not really know God for themselves. The reason is, that sin seperates us from God.

But God loved us so much, that He gave His Son Jesus. The division between us and God has been removed so once again, we can know God. We can walk with Him, and talk with Him the way Adam did before the fall. We can know how He feels about us. The love He has for us, and how special we are to Him. How He relentlessly chases after us and will not let us go, only we can turn our back on Him. But He will never turn turn away from those who seek to love Him and who seek to draw closer to Him.

In the world, we can reach out to people, and they could cut our arm right off. But God would never, ever do that. He is always there to give a helping hand to whoever is ready to reach out to Him. He really does love us and care about us, and we really are special to Him. It is a good thing to, because then He can put that love of His in others also, so they can be loving to us. So we can all be loving towards one another. Otherwise, this world is a sad place to be, if you remove God's love & grace from it.

Those who do not believe that, will be given a chance during the tribulaton period, to find out just what this world will be like, when you remove God's love and grace from it.

Not only can we know God's love for us, but also He gives us that love one for another. So the world can know about God's love, by looking to see the love that Christians have, one for another.

I remember my Grandmother. For years I use to tell her about God's love. She use to say that it all sounded so good, that she wished she could believe. Then one day when she was 99 years old, I went into see her, and she was being tormented. She asked me what she should do. I said to cry out to God for help. I remember that she was holding my hand. When I felt it was time to leave I had a hard time prying her hand lose so I could go. I was thinking, what is this a 99 year old women can not be that strong. I was a construction worker, a carpenter, and I had very strong hands. But the following year after that I know was the best year of her life. She had a peace that she had never known before. I know that after 99 years, she finally found God, and learned that His love and His peace surpasses all understanding. Up tell then, she was sort of depending on me to give her strength and support. But then she learned to depend upon God to be her comfort and her help.

I could tell you so many stories about my grandmother, esp. her wonderful sense of humor, but it is best not to make these posts to long. Thanks, JohnR7

Thank you for posting this, John. It really touched my heart when I read it. I am glad you told us about your grandmother, too. She was blessed to have you, a loving grandson who helped bring her to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's good to hear that you believe He created all things, and I think I see where your going with this "special" thing. Don't you feel special or don't you think a person in a wheel chair is special? I know that they are when they give Him what He wants.
I stand in awe of creation, but I did not have one single thing to do with it. It's a gift to me, and if I don't like the cards I'm dealt - well what kind of glory or gratitude does that give back to God? I reckon that trying to pick God's mind about why He creates vessels of dishonor would generate discussion, but it inevitably ends up being a case of the clay saying to the potter, "why did you make me this way?" Why did God create satan or evil? ........Some things are privy to the mind of God. He could have created the world in five seconds, so why did He take six days? He did it all and still He is love. The light cannot be perceived without darkness, and I'm almost sure that there are things we don't understand or have a clue about.
If He gives you the choice and ability to become a son of God (John 1:12), then you are special and the apple of His eye. Special men, by the worlds standards, will be forgotten if they don't know God and have a relationship with Him through the means He has given us - His Son Jesus.
I don't feel very special, but I'm told that I am. Of course feelings can be deceiving when it comes to matters of faith. Like I said, hang tight with the Lord. His love is enough for me to be special.

Upvote 0

MrMalone

Aug 22, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
✟552.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Raphe.

I am not talking about how I feel about my life at all!
I am talking about being CREATED SPECIAL. Knit together special. Formed in my mother's womb specifically by God!

Created = meaning past tense.

Did God really create Satan? Did God create evil? Are you sure? Think about it.

Here's one.

What if a perfectly healthy and "normal" man and woman get pregnant. Everything is fine and normal and going to plan. They are praying every single day for their child, they have been for years even before they knew they would have one.
Lets say that one day, withing the first trimester of pregnancy something tragic happens to the woman's own mother and she is devastated. She falls into deep depression and starts to drink heavily, (like she did a long time ago when she was young and silly) and she also starts to smoke a bit too to relieve the extra stress she feels at work and besides the new baby coming her world is crashing around her.
She continues this behaviour for the rest of her pregnancy and it turns out that her child has a severe brain disorder of some sort, fetal alcohol syndrome and is missing her own ovaries and could never reproduce. (Let's just say this is the case... I am not a doctor. Point is, there are "abnormalities" significant enough to identify)

What part of this child did God "create"? What part of the child did the alchohol/smoking (mom) create?

They were praying the whole time... what happened? The child grows up and becomes a Christian... great! But what about the "knitting"?

Does it mean that God does not love this new child? NO!
Does it mean that God doesn't think this child is special? NO!
Does it mean that God didn't die for this child? NO!
Does it mean that God didn't KNOW this child before she was born?? NO!

All I am saying is that it is more likely that God had NOTHING to do with the particular "special" creation of this child in her mothers womb. God made and designed the process by which humans would reproduce, but it doesn't mean that God is the magic ingredient and that reproduction wouldn't happen without him!!

Yes, life is a gift... IN GENERAL. For some people, God has stepped in and miraculously healed them or did some incredible work in their physical body. I am not excluding God from being able to do this at all, it's just that it doesn't seem that he specially makes everybody in the womb!! There is no real scripture to support it..

I feel special because God knows me and loves me and died for me. I feel special because god gives me the promise of eternal life with him through Jesus.

What about all those children, that as far as we can tell, are only being kept alive by a machine. How could they develop a relationship with a living, physical person, let alone an invisible God? What about all those children born in a commatose state? Did God "knit" them like that? On purpose?

Instead of trying to guess and justify some misinterpreted belief that it is all a big mystery and there is some purpose that we just don't know about, then why don't we get on board and assume that a loving, caring God had nothing specifically to do with the "knitting" of that child. He likely had nothing to do with the knitting of most of us. Of who he did and who he didn't I would never presume to know. I know of two for sure. David and Jesus. The Bible says so.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.