Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nope. THANKFULLY! We went our ways and I like that. A few years back I met a guy who happened to go to the same school at the same time as my ex when we were dating, so he ended up asking about me, but after that no word and I like that.

Actually, I did search for him on FB once and he is so different and in a whole different career which I made me feel really proud of him!

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
sure; they count!
I don't even know my b/f's ex. They dated before I even knew him. But she keeps trying to get to know me which is very strange and she does/says some strange things to our mutual friends that get back to us and she tries to contact him all the time. The whole situation is just weird. Apparently she wants to apologize to me for kissing him.....um ok; bizarre much? The b/f says that she was a stable person or so he thought when they dated; but she definitely has a jealous streak. Anyways, he won't answer her calls and she keeps trying to friend us both on FB. We just ignore ignore ignore.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
sure; they count!
I don't even know my b/f's ex. They dated before I even knew him. But she keeps trying to get to know me which is very strange and she does/says some strange things to our mutual friends that get back to us and she tries to contact him all the time. The whole situation is just weird. Apparently she wants to apologize to me for kissing him.....um ok; bizarre much? The b/f says that she was a stable person or so he thought when they dated; but she definitely has a jealous streak. Anyways, he won't answer her calls and she keeps trying to friend us both on FB. We just ignore ignore ignore.

Based on your post, our first part of the operational definition of "crazy" shall be:

-the ex contacts the new SO to apologize for past physical behavior with the other person
-the ex refuses to go away/does not get the hint that nobody wants to stay in touch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Anyway, one of the guys I dated (and lived with) when I was not a Christian was abusive. After I left him, he was crazy. I told him not to contact me anymore and he did the opposite. I deleted IM and email accounts and changed numbers. He contacted my friends and family. He threatened suicide. Etc, etc. A year later when I told him (again) to not contact me and deleted emails from him -- he sent me a ton of emails with sentences as the subjects to ensure that I would read that he was done with me and would not contact me again. Then five years later, he stalked me on myspace and tried to add me as a friend. I did not add him and a few months later he messaged me and sent me another request. I did not add him and also told him, again, not to contact me. I put a tracker on my page and identified his IP. He kept visiting my page over and over again, so I deleted my account. He has not contacted me since then but I would not be at all surprised if he stalks me on facebook and will eventually try to get in touch again. Oh and by the way, when he tracked me down on myspace he was married. Way to go, dude.

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, thankfully I've had pretty amicable break-ups. One I was friends with (kinda) even after we broke up, another never contacted me ever again after I broke up with him... the craziest thing that's ever happened to me was with my third boyfriend who out of the blue 5 years after we broke up, IMed me and said "I just wanted to let you know I'm gay now" and then signed off and blocked me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 31, 2012
Japan
✟7,642.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
My ex's ex was a complete crazy, even 4 years later she has tried to contact me to talk about how me and him broke up, and i'm like LEAVE ME ALONE! I'm just thankful I haven't turned into a crazy ex myself! Most recent ex is still kicking around sending the odd message like on my birthday/Christmas etc...not sure what to do about him actually....

Upvote 0

Hadassah_

Oct 15, 2011
✟12,839.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I never had a crazy ex, but I did date a guy who did. Oh wow she was nuts! At first she tried to befriend me. My boyfriend (at the time) wisely suggested I not do it, but said it was my decision. I didn't befriend her, but I didn't shun her. Soon she was calling all the time, dropping by my house at all hours of the night, buying gifts and leaving them on the doorstep...it was crazy. When she started calling my kids cell phones (how she got their numbers I have no idea) and trying to talk to them I drew the line.

I blocked her number from all of our cells, made a report to the police department and broke up with my boyfriend. When I broke up with him she mailed me a hideous letter stating what a mistake that was and how she was going to show me just how wrong I was. I gave the letter to the police and never heard from her after that.

I see the guy around town occasionally and not surprisingly he's still single. I bet he'll have her around his neck forever.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm, every woman I have ever dated "wasn't right in the head" (after all she dated me and that takes a "special kind" of woman to deal with me in a normal social dealing let alone in dating dealings)

I dated one that tried to bite through my neck one day (she was a sadist) that didn't last long cause, even though I don't hit women a man can only take so much before it is reflex, luckily the reflex never kicked in before being done with her.

I dated another who only gained self worth by flashing other men, no part was sacred, she was also completely dry in the emotions and couldn't understand it was disrespectful for her to flash said men not only to herself but "her man". (became my stalker after I walked away, insisting I was the love of her life and she of mine and that no matter how many women I date between I will return to her. So I heard the coocoo clock many times until she went silent, thank God, I hope she is okay but, the silence makes me not want to dive deep to find out, incase I spark it back up again by wondering.)

The woman after her was overly emotional and maybe a bit of multiple personalities, wanted to argue about everything (and God knows I mean EVERYTHING) and cuddle at the same time. Would accuse me of cheating on her ALL the time because I and would use "hanging with the guys" as a cover in her eyes, as if drinking beers and watching football or something would not appeal to me.

I also dated a woman that would intentionally anger her cat so it would claw her BIG time (so a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse])

That's only 4 the saner ones, I could write a novel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
wowza! What's the deal with ex's and inappropriate boundaries??? I feel bad for people with ex's that stalk the new g/f or b/f. My b/f's ex stalks both of our FB's ; even though we are not friends with her she sends a lot of friend requests and weird messages. Blocking is the next step. My b/f used to work in Washington D.C. and that's where they met and dated; but it was never serious. That was like 3 or more years ago. He moved back here and has been living here for at least 2 years before we started dating this Christmas. He wasn't close to her after the break up so we are both bewildered at her inability to have appropriate boundaries.

Upvote 0