• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cranmer on Antichrist’s Eucharistic Theology

Discussion in 'Semper Reformanda' started by JM, Nov 8, 2018.

1. JM

JM pre·des·ti·nar·i·an Supporter

+1,653
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    But the Romish Antichrist, to deface this great benefit of Christ, hath taught that his sacrifice upon the cross is not sufficient hereunto, without another sacrifice devised by him … to supply Christ’s imperfection. … O heinous blasphemy and most detestable injury against Christ! O wicked abomination in the temple of God! O pride intolerable of Antichrist, and most manifest token of the son of perdition, extolling himself above God, and with Lucifer exalting his seat and power above the throne of God! For he that taketh upon him to supply that thing, which he pretendeth to be unperfect in Christ, must needs make himself above Christ, and so very Antichrist.

Thomas Cranmer, A Defence of the True and Catholic Doctrine of the Sacrament of the Body and Blood of Our Saviour Christ (1550; London, 1907), xxii-xxiii.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+1,632
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I guess Jesus and St. Paul were wrong all along.

3. JM

JM pre·des·ti·nar·i·an Supporter

+1,653
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    This is a Reformed Calvinistic forum but, with respect, I'll clear up the misunderstanding you may have...real presence doesn't mean physically present. Christ offered a sacrifice for sin once. Hebrews 10

Yours in the Lord,

jm