Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You guys really can't see a difference between criticizing Israel's policies towards Palestinians and saying that all Jews are evil scheming thieves?
"You guys" should talk! :doh:

I am thinking of the convoluted and ridiculously fanciful manner in which almost everyone, white or black, is fair game for being called a "racist" these days.

Anti-Semitism hiding behind the lame excuse that it's only about Palestinian rights is getting old. And when it takes the form of siding with such people as Reps. AOC, Omar, Tlaib, and others, that only makes it less credible.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"You guys" should talk! :doh:

I am thinking of the convoluted and ridiculously fanciful manner in which almost everyone, white or black, is fair game for being called a "racist" these days.

Anti-Semitism hiding behind the lame excuse that it's only about Palestinian rights is getting old. And when it takes the form of siding with such people as Reps. AOC, Omar, Tlaib, and others, that only makes it less credible.

Israel is a nation and doesn't represent all Jews. Suggesting that any criticism of the Israeli government is equivalent to the same type of anti-semitic rhetoric that was popular in Nazi Germany is either completely tone-deaf or just blatantly dishonest.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Israel is a nation and doesn't represent all Jews.
You seem to have failed to get the point that the Palestinian thing is nothing but an excuse to hide behind.

"It's all about the Benjamins baby" --Representative Ilhan Omar, responding to criticism of her Palestinian stance.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didn't say anything about cancelling him, other than bravo for them to not bringing an anti Semite

Deplatformed would be the accurate term here and there has been no less gnashing of teeth over that. Yet here we are with posts cheering on deplatforming of a speaker by CPAC.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) November 16, 2012

She is not addressing the Palestinians -

Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Deplatformed would be the accurate term here and there has been no less gnashing of teeth over that. Yet here we are with posts cheering on deplatforming of a speaker by CPAC.

As I said - he will most likely find a welcoming platform with the Left. And BTW, he is still on twitter, FaceBook, his business is not being attacked, so he is not speaking at one event. Hardly the same.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You seem to have failed to get the point that the Palestinian thing is nothing but an excuse to hide behind.

"It's all about the Benjamins baby" --Representative Ilhan Omar, responding to criticism of her Palestinian stance.

QFT

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Being disinvited to make a speech to a convention audience does not constitute "deplatforming."

You want accuracy? Start there.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, its more like cancelling.
Cancelled an invitation to deliver a speech. Yeh, I guess so.

It still isn't what "Cancel Culture" is all about or what the critics of CPAC are trying to sell on this particular thread.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As I said - he will most likely find a welcoming platform with the Left.

An idea at odds with reality as one of ways he utilized the mainstream attention that this deplatforming garnered him was to call for the arrest of democrats and liberals as traitors per the link I provided in post 17.

Here's the direct link to the tweet again as well.

And BTW, he is still on twitter, FaceBook, his business is not being attacked, so he is not speaking at one event. Hardly the same.

This is exactly the same as all the crying about venues deplatforming others because they, upon reflection, did not want their venue used to give voice to the speakers ideas. Such as Franklin Graham having his UK tour fail due to the venues deciding they did no wish to be associated him and his views.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Really? Everyone who believes that the Palestinians deserve their own state is an anti-Semite? Even if we believe that Israel has a right to exist? Even if the people concerned about the human rights of Palestinians are themselves Jewish? All of them are anti-Semites?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟328,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) November 16, 2012

She is not addressing the Palestinians -

Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.

So you are using one Congresswoman's statements -- a Congresswoman who is Muslim -- to depict the entire Democratic Party. Seems to be cherry picking more than reality.

But, since your claim is that it must be the Democratic position since the Democrats refused to silence or otherwise censure her, I suppose we can claim some of the radical ideas of Marjorie Taylor Greene represent all of the Republicans -- including the idea that the Jews have a giant space laser that is being used to set fires in California (if not to make it snow in Texas ;) ).

I'd suggest cleaning your "own house" before going after the Democrats -- and don't forget, Republicans in Congress decided not to punish Greene, either. Now, I'm guessing you'll claim she "apologized" -- but I can't see where she ever actually apologized for her statements about Jews; in fact, her "apology" was rather short on specifics, not to mention it was made under "duress" which calls its sincerity even more into question.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Really? Everyone who believes that the Palestinians deserve their own state is an anti-Semite?
Okay, I'll elaborate. It is the excuse most often used by anti-Semites.

I didn't mean to say that absolutely no one can ever express an opinion about Palestinian-Israeli relations without being anti-Semitic. I thought what I did write was clear enough, but if not, I hope this clears up any confusion.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟328,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I'll elaborate. It is the excuse most often used by anti-Semites.

I didn't mean to say that absolutely no one can ever express an opinion about Palestinian-Israeli relations without being anti-Semitic. I thought what I did write was clear enough, but if not, I hope this clears up any confusion.

It is interesting how the meaning of anti-Semite has become a bit twisted. The Palestinians are also Semites, so it is a bit odd that a person can be anti-Semite (which tends to mean anti-Jewish) for supporting the Arabic Semites over the Jewish ones.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you are using one Congresswoman's statements -- a Congresswoman who is Muslim -- to depict the entire Democratic Party. Seems to be cherry picking more than reality.

He will probably get a gig with one of the Squad members or a spot on CNN.

Just so we are clear -

I don't consider the Squad all of the Democratic Party - however CNN does tote the Democratic Party lines et al.

Upvote 0