United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

I work at a grocery store and I have been dealing with a coworker who has been causing problems. Off and on she has told the store manager that I have an attitude. Each time I was called into his office I told him that I didn't recall having one. One day while working there last summer, I asked another coworker who was having a medical struggles if I could pray over him and he accepted. The first coworker that I mentioned was also in the room ,but she seemed to be on her phone and not paying attention. Days later when I came into the store's manager's office to talk to him about something, he told me that my coworker was uncomfortable with me praying over another coworker in front on her. I explained that we were all off the clock on our lunch and that I was trying to help. I also told him that the coworker said nothing to me and that she didn't seem to be paying any attention. I also apologized if o had made her feel uncomfortable. I later talked to the coworker and told her that if do anything to make you feel uncomfortable or upsets you then you can let me know that I'm open to hear about it. She replied "nah, I'm just trying to keep you on your toes." I told the store manager about this. He had the three of us meet and he asked her if she really said that to me. Without saying anything she gave me a smile as if she was about to laugh and shook her head "no". Her and the store manager acted like buddies or family after this. Seeing this I saw that he had favor with her when he used to have more favor with me or he just didn't want to get caught up in this drama, so chose to play it off and stay out of it. It was all strange since I felt God warning me that it wasn't the right time to pray over that other coworker in the first place.

A year later, I'm working back at the same store for a summer and both coworkers are still working there. The other coworker is still having medical struggles and I could hear him telling customers about how bad his daily suffering is. While in the break room, I felt God call me to pray for him, but I told Him that I would after using the restroom. I come back a few minutes later to see that the coworker who was causing trouble last year had come into the room. I felt God telling me not to pray over him at the moment ,but I told God that I honestly wasn't afraid of her. So, I prayed over the coworker anyway. It was like deja vu, she was on her phone again and everything. After work , it was all coming back to me again about what happened last summer and I began to get filled with anxiety about my job. I have yet to go back to work yet and to know if she is causing trouble again.

Around the time that this is happening , I'm seeing that God may be calling me to transfer stores. I have been thinking about it, my aunt has suggested it, and so did a stranger. I ended up working at thar store for a day and two managers asked if I would like to work there. At first I left my answer open, because I wasn't sure if I should until that stranger and that anxiety I have about my job and that coworker came up, also considering the other events that occurred that I mentioned.

Yesterday while shopping at that other store, I asked a cashier about transferring ,which he ended up sending me to the front desk where the manager's whom I worked with best friend is the one who took down my information. I also told the two managers that I'm only working for the summer due to school. So, now I'm praying about all of this. Thank God and thank you all for your prayers and responses.
11145483-large.jpg

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear you about wanting to share your faith with people at work. Sometimes God tells us "no" on something that would otherwise be a great idea to keep us safe from unfriendly / hostile people. I often pray for folks, but in my head, or I wait till I've got a glaring green light in my face where someone is asking me a direct question on their own. That is best, imo. Maybe God is urging you to transfer and opening doors. With the issues caused by this co-worker, that might not be a bad idea.

Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why not check into the other store you might wish to go, first? It could be worse there!

I believe you though.
One summer I had 5 different jobs because of similar issues...

I also worked for a State official ... and witnessed to a girl off the clock who turned out to be the State official's mistress. Of course I was fired (but since I had a contract I insisted to be paid even though I wasn't allowed to work (I was.)) The boss said I was the best worker and hated to have to do that. lol

Anyway... keep praying and moving through life... God will direct you (and often it does turn out better).

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not check into the other store you might wish to go, first? It could be worse there!

I believe you though.
One summer I had 5 different jobs because of similar issues...

I also worked for a State official ... and witnessed to a girl off the clock who turned out to be the State official's mistress. Of course I was fired (but since I had a contract I insisted to be paid even though I wasn't allowed to work (I was.)) The boss said I was the best worker and hated to have to do that. lol

Anyway... keep praying and moving through life... God will direct you (and often it does turn out better).
I did work for a day at the other store and it was great! They were actually geared up to teach me more than the other store. I was treated a lot better there too with two managers asking if I would like to stay there. I did let them know that I was only working for the grocery store(s) for the summer though, then it is back to school. I'm sorry to hear that, that happened to you and pray that God provides for you what you need. Amen! I know that He provides, directs, and uses all things to work out for our good for His Name's sake! <3

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So why not see if the new store manager can transfer you...think of the new info and experience you'll get for the rest of the summer.
I already asked a cashier about getting transferred, which he sent me to customer service, where the clerk there is friends with the manager who is running the department that I want to be in. She asked for my information and and I am now waiting for them to call me.

Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

RoseInLife

Pursuing His Love, Passionate about Truth!
Jul 2, 2018
Toronto
✟8,361.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had similar situations like yours multiple times. I had both Muslim and christian co-workers complained about me because i was praying for people at work, "they were not comfortable!!!" i went to HR office multiple times, i remember the first time she told me: "you can not heal people in this company!" i replied: " can you please repeat what you just said!!! LOL

I politely told them multiple times that I do not leave Jesus at home and come to work, i come with Jesus and because He loves people and wants to heal them i do the same. I do not force my belief on anyone, i simply offer a help to whomever wants to receive a help and if some people are not happy that I am helping the helpless, then I think you may need to consider asking them why!!!

don't worry! God is with you.... keep presenting Love and pray even for those who complain about you.

P.s after 3 years of being in that company, i had prayed for almost everyone and almost all got healed. the same christian friend gave her life back to Jesus. my Hindu co-worker who got healed twice was bringing sick to me to pray for them... MANY MIRACLES HAPPENED. The Muslim coworker is still in the journey of meeting Jesus!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praise God for your response! This is very inspiring, thank you so much for sharing. I keep praying for my friend who is possibly pagan for him to be healed and for him to come to know Christ. I have been praying for all of them to get to know Who Jesus truly is and not for who they think He is or what other people say He is, but for Who He truly is! :yellowheart::praying::heartpulse:

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had similar situations like yours multiple times. I had both Muslim and christian co-workers complained about me because i was praying for people at work, "they were not comfortable!!!" i went to HR office multiple times, i remember the first time she told me: "you can not heal people in this company!" i replied: " can you please repeat what you just said!!! LOL

I politely told them multiple times that I do not leave Jesus at home and come to work, i come with Jesus and because He loves people and wants to heal them i do the same. I do not force my belief on anyone, i simply offer a help to whomever wants to receive a help and if some people are not happy that I am helping the helpless, then I think you may need to consider asking them why!!!

don't worry! God is with you.... keep presenting Love and pray even for those who complain about you.

P.s after 3 years of being in that company, i had prayed for almost everyone and almost all got healed. the same christian friend gave her life back to Jesus. my Hindu co-worker who got healed twice was bringing sick to me to pray for them... MANY MIRACLES HAPPENED. The Muslim coworker is still in the journey of meeting Jesus!
Praise God for your response! This is very inspiring, thank you so much for sharing. I keep praying for my friend who is possibly pagan for him to be healed and for him to come to know Christ. I have been praying for all of them to get to know Who Jesus truly is and not for who they think He is or what other people say He is, but for Who He truly is! :yellowheart::praying::heartpulse:

• Friendly
Reactions: RoseInLife
Upvote 0

RoseInLife

Pursuing His Love, Passionate about Truth!
Jul 2, 2018
Toronto
✟8,361.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Amen, He will breakthrough their hearts through your prayer and love that is shown to them. I am confident you will see the mighty hand of God in their lives overtime.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen, He will breakthrough their hearts through your prayer and love that is shown to them. I am confident you will see the mighty hand of God in their lives overtime.
Amen, I have also noticed about her that in casing trouble to loves to feed off of negative energy. When she tattles on me, she will ask how my talk with the manager went. Almost laughing or excited when she is asking.

Reactions: RoseInLife
Upvote 0