Cowardice

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Cowardice

Re 21:8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Interesting that cowardice is the first in the list of those who will get thrown into the lake of fire. I would imagine on the judgment day God calling out the cowards and putting them in the front of the line.

There are many instructions in the Bible concerning cowardice which are often overlooked. For example Jesus said, "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more." Luke 12:4 That is not simply a word of encouragement. That is a command. To disobey such commands is cowardice. Women, being the weaker sex (1Peter 3:7), are particularly prone to cowardice, which is why Peter commanded to follow Sarah's example of submission. "You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear." 1Peter 3:6b

"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe." Pr 29:25 So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" Heb 13:6
The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen.

Thank you.

Cowardice is consequential when "fear of man" reigns rather than the "fear of the Lord".

It is WISE, and it indicates "wisdom" when we are in sync with this pivotal verse:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Women, being the weaker sex (1Peter 3:7), are particularly prone to cowardice
I hope this is not truth and was challenged already by someone. Being weak does not make anyone a coward. Note for example the TINY HUMMINGBIRD! It will ferociously attack creatures hundreds of times its size!

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cowardice

Re 21:8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Interesting that cowardice is the first in the list of those who will get thrown into the lake of fire. I would imagine on the judgment day God calling out the cowards and putting them in the front of the line.

There are many instructions in the Bible concerning cowardice which are often overlooked. For example Jesus said, "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more." Luke 12:4 That is not simply a word of encouragement. That is a command. To disobey such commands is cowardice. Women, being the weaker sex (1Peter 3:7), are particularly prone to cowardice, which is why Peter commanded to follow Sarah's example of submission. "You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear." 1Peter 3:6b

"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe." Pr 29:25 So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" Heb 13:6
The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

This has been on my heart for decades as well. Cowardice is unbelief in the care of God in our lives, and a fear of being put by God into difficult situations.

I relate cowardice to the parable of the talents. The last man hid his talent in the ground and lied saying he feared the Master. The Master called him out on his lie saying if really did fear the Master he would have put the money in the bank where it would accrue interest.

Cowardice in Christians is seen in many too afraid to share the Gospel with the lost. It is seen in unwillingness to speak the truth about life against the secular teachings on evolution or even the Earth being the center of creation according to Genesis. Cowardice is seen in Christians when they have ought with another member of the congregation, and instead of speaking directly to him, go to the elders or pastor. Cowardice is also seen in the members of congregations unwilling to disagree with the pastor's message to his face, and instead gossip behind his back.

Yes, this verse in Revelations makes me pause and wonder.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

People often fear evil people instead of exposing them.

They would rather greet them with a smile than rebuke their evil deeds.

Afraid of any confrontation.

Ephesians 5:11
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Upvote 0