Covid19 will kill 20% of world population?

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Christian told me that his pastor preached in Sunday that Covid19 will kill 20% of world population, the pastor said that Covid19 is prophesied in Book of Revelations.

Do you agree?
You got a link? You are supposed to have a link to post in the news section. But no, I do not believe this pandemic is mentioned in the book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Christian told me that his pastor preached in Sunday that Covid19 will kill 20% of world population, the pastor said that Covid19 is prophesied in Book of Revelations.

Do you agree?

No

Upvote 0

Humble_Disciple

May 17, 2021
Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced

Do you agree?

It's unlikely with the new vaccines available.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Currently there has been around 3.5 million deaths.
to reach 20% of the population would be around 316 million quite away to go to reach that level of 20%.
If I may share as a guest . . . this is only my impression, going by what I have been told >

316 million plus 3.5 million would be about 320 million . . . a bit less than 20% of the world's population.

But we have about seven billion people on the planet. 20% of seven billion would be about 1.5 billion people killed. In order for 320 million deaths to be 20% of the world's population, there would first have to be a major reduction from our present population of about seven billion.

Another thing > there is a place where in the Book of Revelation (called the Apocolypse of John, in certain Catholic scripture) we have Revelation 9:16-19 > this says plagues kill a third of men. If a third of men were killed now > this would be out of about seven billion people. A third is more than 20%.

So, this COVID thing is a "bunny" plague, compared to what we have in the Book of Revelation/Apocalypse. And people themselves have so helped the COVID to spread and be as hard as it has been. People's own immune systems have done people in, by overreacting to infections, plus it looks to me like people have overreacted politically and socially so they have done their own selves harm by what they have done or failed to do.

And people were not ready to bear trouble, not ready to give themselves in trust to God and how He cares for us in His peace. So, the COVID has taken advantage more or less of how we have made ourselves available to it and have not been ready.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LayHong_Loves_Christ

Jun 14, 2020
Penang
✟45,780.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

• Informative
Reactions: ClintPJ
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟128,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I may share as a guest . . . this is only my impression, going by what I have been told >

316 million plus 3.5 million would be about 320 million . . . a bit less than 20% of the world's population.

But we have about seven billion people on the planet. 20% of seven billion would be about 1.5 billion people killed. In order for 320 million deaths to be 20% of the world's population, there would first have to be a major reduction from our present population of about seven billion.

Another thing > there is a place where in the Book of Revelation (called the Apocolypse of John, in certain Catholic scripture) we have Revelation 9:16-19 > this says plagues kill a third of men. If a third of men were killed now > this would be out of about seven billion people. A third is more than 20%.

So, this COVID thing is a "bunny" plague, compared to what we have in the Book of Revelation/Apocalypse. And people themselves have so helped the COVID to spread and be as hard as it has been. People's own immune systems have done people in, by overreacting to infections, plus it looks to me like people have overreacted politically and socially so they have done their own selves harm by what they have done or failed to do.

And people were not ready to bear trouble, not ready to give themselves in trust to God and how He cares for us in His peace. So, the COVID has taken advantage more or less of how we have made ourselves available to it and have not been ready.

Yea I mentioned I didn’t do my figures right hehe.

Probably a slim chance it will keep mutating into a raging killer but it’s not that old among humans there is that future unknown about it. Most viruses need a host to survive they usually doesn’t go for extinction mode and settle out. But scientists have no idea the coarse it will take being so new so there is a chance.

• Friendly
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Do you agree?
No, I don't agree. Fortunately, this prediction is testable. I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but is this pastor?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Do you agree?
No

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you agree?

The virus is more deadly than widely understood -- if not for the very extensive worldwide mask wearing, it could be significantly worse it looks like than the 1918-19 'Spanish flu' that killed perhaps 50 million (or more) when mask wearing wasn't common in the world.

Here in the U.S., with extensive efforts and mask wearing, it appears Covid19 killed about as many (or more!) than the first year of the Spanish flu!

I don't see how it fits Revelations though.

---------
How Covid 19 could be worse than the Spanish Flu --
We are starting to get a better handle on what Covid19 has done in the U.S. (2nd excerpt below), and can now compare more fully with the 1918-1920 'Spanish' Flu.

I was a little surprised to see that Covid19 is actually worse here in the U.S. than the 1918-1920 flu pandemic.

The 'Spanish' Flu of 1918-1920:

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States."
1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

In the United States for Covid-19, we are now it appears significantly past that level of ~ 700,000 by an estimate from IHME:

A new study estimates that the number of people who have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. is more than 900,000, a number 57% higher than official figures.

Worldwide, the study's authors say, the COVID-19 death count is nearing 7 million, more than double the reported number of 3.24 million.

The analysis comes from researchers at the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, who looked at excess mortality from March 2020 through May 3, 2021, compared it with what would be expected in a typical nonpandemic year, then adjusted those figures to account for a handful of other pandemic-related factors.
New Study Estimates More Than 900,000 People Have Died Of COVID-19 In U.S.

Of course the Spanish Flu killed more worldwide.

So, we have a bifurcation. The U.S. did comparatively well vs the world in the 1918-1920 pandemic, and poorly in 2020 pandemic.

Here's what I think happened: If you watch a history of the U.S. in the 1918-1919 pandemic, you see a significant amount of social distancing (people retreating to the countryside), and even significant mask wearing in many cities (with large fines even for not wearing masks). So, the U.S. responded to the Spanish Flu with a very high level of counter measures for that time, compared to the world in general, and in 2020 a very different situation: the rest of the world responded at least as well as the U.S. generally, so far....(but it's not over yet!)

Ergo, this Covid virus group is basically a more dangerous virus than the 1918 'Spanish Flu', more deadly, and it's only from the globe's countermeasures like mask wearing and such that we will get a lower death toll....if things go well, and a new Covid variant doesn't sink us.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

Please read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟128,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The virus is more deadly than widely understood -- if not for the very extensive worldwide mask wearing, it could be significantly worse it looks like than the 1918-19 'Spanish flu' that killed perhaps 50 million (or more) when mask wearing wasn't common in the world.

Here in the U.S., with extensive efforts and mask wearing, it appears Covid19 killed about as many (or more!) than the first year of the Spanish flu!

I don't see how it fits Revelations though.

---------
How Covid 19 could be worse than the Spanish Flu --
We are starting to get a better handle on what Covid19 has done in the U.S. (2nd excerpt below), and can now compare more fully with the 1918-1920 'Spanish' Flu.

I was a little surprised to see that Covid19 is actually worse here in the U.S. than the 1918-1920 flu pandemic.

The 'Spanish' Flu of 1918-1920:

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States."
1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

In the United States for Covid-19, we are now it appears significantly past that level of ~ 700,000 by an estimate from IHME:

A new study estimates that the number of people who have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. is more than 900,000, a number 57% higher than official figures.

Worldwide, the study's authors say, the COVID-19 death count is nearing 7 million, more than double the reported number of 3.24 million.

The analysis comes from researchers at the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, who looked at excess mortality from March 2020 through May 3, 2021, compared it with what would be expected in a typical nonpandemic year, then adjusted those figures to account for a handful of other pandemic-related factors.
New Study Estimates More Than 900,000 People Have Died Of COVID-19 In U.S.

Of course the Spanish Flu killed more worldwide.

So, we have a bifurcation. The U.S. did comparatively well vs the world in the 1918-1920 pandemic, and poorly in 2020 pandemic.

Here's what I think happened: If you watch a history of the U.S. in the 1918-1919 pandemic, you see a significant amount of social distancing (people retreating to the countryside), and even significant mask wearing in many cities (with large fines even for not wearing masks). So, the U.S. responded to the Spanish Flu with a very high level of counter measures for that time, compared to the world in general, and in 2020 a very different situation: the rest of the world responded at least as well as the U.S. generally, so far....(but it's not over yet!)

Ergo, this Covid virus group is basically a more dangerous virus than the 1918 'Spanish Flu', more deadly, and it's only from the globe's countermeasures like mask wearing and such that we will get a lower death toll....if things go well, and a new Covid variant doesn't sink us.

some of the worrying is generated by the governments media etc. i think.

surely no one is talking about the 140,000 deaths today or 22 million in the last 4 1/2 months. yet still 331,000 births a day that is around a net global population growth of 191,000 a day. I don't see a virus sinking anything.

For the virus to have a impact the daily death count would have to be around 200,000 a day, currently is about 13,000 a day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,514.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You got a link? You are supposed to have a link to post in the news section. But no, I do not believe this pandemic is mentioned in the book of Revelation.
This is the Eschatology forum. No link is required, but, a link would be nice. :)

Upvote 0