timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,824.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It looks like many countries are expanding their welfare coverage in the wake of Covid-19 disaster.

Things like healthcare / hospitals being nationalized to give free healthcare to everyone. Plans to give free homes to the homeless. Canceling debts, etc..

It's about time! Those are the ways of the Lord in His Kingdom! And they prove to be tougher in weathering financial crisis than our present system of greed, survival of the fittest, and money worship!

Pitting us together in cut-throat "survival of the fittest" environment is never been the Lord's way but the devil's! Such environment proves highly conducive to organized crime like drug and human trafficking!

Opinion | Coronavirus reveals the lazy cruelty at the center of America's political reality

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see it changing in Florida, but who knows. We have one of the lowest unemployment rates and policies in the country, and our governor has made no mention of raising it. Rick Scott complained about people laid off getting 600 because he said it may give them less of an incentive to return to work - like it's a personality flaw of being of a bum they were laid off instead of a national crisis :doh:And seriously, no one is going to try to retire off 600.00

So I hope others are helped and things get better for them in the other states, but I'm not holding my breath for Florida yet

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord's ways are not actually about worldly treasures. Covetousness is not something He has ever implied He approves of.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,824.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is better to be the one doing the helping than to sit back and hope for governments to save us. We already have a Saviour. WE are now lender and not borrowers, the heads and not the tail.....etc....

Yup, and it failed.

Yes, we do have a saviour telling us to help the poor. And what do we do? We blame them instead.

Ever wonder why the vast majority of Christian never have Jesus visit them regularly in dreams to talk them like a friend. They have no idea what it's like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is better to be the one doing the helping than to sit back and hope for governments to save us. We already have a Saviour.

Yup, and it failed.

Jesus never fails....even if it appears so from those outside.

Should have stuck with what you originally wrote.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,824.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus never fails...

I'm talking about the people who claim to believe in Him.

But their actions don't prove it. They believe in the world and money more than Him.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But their actions don't prove it. They believe in the world and money more than Him.

The world and money is what the government is offering to the poor.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,824.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The world and money is what the government is offering to the poor.

I'm talking about behavior towards money.

The Bible talks about the world in two different context. The one we shouldn't love and the other one that the Lord loves.

The one we shouldn't love is the corrupt ways of man. The other world is the one beneath that corruption.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yup, and it failed.

Yes, we do have a saviour telling us to help the poor. And what do we do? We blame them instead.

Ever wonder why the vast majority of Christian never have Jesus visit them regularly in dreams to talk them like a friend. They have no idea what it's like.
It is disingenuous to continue to edit and add/subtract content to previous posts after they have been responded to.

Now it looks like I pick something out of your post, when I quoted your retired post, and you decided, later, to add 5 more sentences after I responded......which we are not notified about.

It is better, if you have no motives, so just create a new reply which will notify us all, instead of changing the context of posts already replied to.

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Couldnt we say the same for one who is encouraged when the government is forced to help the poor and has little faith in the people of God doing so?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,824.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is better, if you have no motives, so just create a new reply which will notify us all, instead of changing the context of posts already replied to.

Don't worry about quoting a different version of my post. If that happens, it's all on me.

If I see something I don't like in my post, I change it.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry about quoting a different version of my post. If that happens, it's all on me.

If I see something I don't like in my post, I change it.
You changed your reply 3 times, presenting three totally different ideas. And one time you erased everything you wrote and put something entirely new. Some of this after your reply was replied to.

It is proper to post a new reply, if you wish to present a new idea, after the first idea was responded to. Else it renders all subsequent replies void.... This is something you do if you wish to make another poster look bad or like they dont know what they talking about. And if this is your motive, I understand and find no fault in it.... and it makes since.....continue as you were.

Im just trying to inform you in case this was not your intention..... For you are changing entire posts.....not make grammatical corrections..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm talking about behavior towards money.

The Bible talks about the world in two different context. The one we shouldn't love and the other one that the Lord loves.

The one we shouldn't love is the corrupt ways of man. The other world is the one beneath that corruption.

That is exactly what I am talking about. The corrupt ways of man that values worldly things over heavenly things. That sees money as the cure for all ills.

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evils not just one kind of evil, not just the love of the rich for money but anyone's love of money. The poorest person on earth can be tempted to evil by a love for money as easily as the richest. Concentrating on purely worldly concerns especially on money as the way to help the poor is missing way too much of what the poor need.

People do not so much covet the wealth of others because not having that wealth has deprived them of necessities. They covet the status wealth provides more than the things wealth buys. This is why poverty programs will never be enough to make the recipients happy or content and why we are dismayed by an income gap when we all are able have everything anyone would need to live given to us by the government. Humans need more than the necessities of life or anything that money can give. Humans have an innate need to feel they matter and that they are important. That they are not just here to survive until they die. No amount of free stuff will give that to them and too much free stuff will deprive them of it.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,824.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is exactly what I am talking about. The corrupt ways of man that values worldly things over heavenly things. That sees money as the cure for all ills.

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evils not just one kind of evil, not just the love of the rich for money but anyone's love of money. The poorest person on earth can be tempted to evil by a love for money as easily as the richest. Concentrating on purely worldly concerns especially on money as the way to help the poor is missing way too much of what the poor need.

People do not so much covet the wealth of others because not having that wealth has deprived them of necessities. They covet the status wealth provides more than the things wealth buys. This is why poverty programs will never be enough to make the recipients happy or content and why we are dismayed by an income gap when we all are able have everything anyone would need to live given to us by the government. Humans need more than the necessities of life or anything that money can give. Humans have an innate need to feel they matter and that they are important. That they are not just here to survive until they die. No amount of free stuff will give that to them and too much free stuff will deprive them of it.

It seems all theory for you but statistics prove otherwise.

Low income inequality brings nothing but good things. It changes people over time for good.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Low income inequality brings nothing but good things. It changes people over time for good.

Maybe, but note, that if everyone was to become rich.....that would still be a way to gain low income inequality.

Yet you seem to only desire other to give up what they worked for instead of people working more and getting more. You are all one sided. There is more than one way, to reach this goal....and more than one group to blame for it not being reached already.

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Couldnt we say the same for one who is encouraged when the government is forced to help the poor and has little faith in the people of God doing so?
Voting for policies that use my tax dollars to help the poor is helping the poor. It’s interesting that many of the same people who blame the poor for being poor also are the ones saying that Jesus only wanted us to help the poor directly, not through our government. I have no idea if you are one of those people, but the two often go together and at the end of the day, some people just don’t want to help the poor and come up with all kinds of excuses.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Voting for policies that use my tax dollars to help the poor is helping the poor. It’s interesting that many of the same people who blame the poor for being poor also are the ones saying that Jesus only wanted us to help the poor directly, not through our government. I have no idea if you are one of those people, but the two often go together and at the end of the day, some people just don’t want to help the poor and come up with all kinds of excuses.
I find that people who blame the poor for being poor, are the same as the people blaming the rich for the poor being poor. It would be more helping for everyone to stop blaming and focus on what they themselves can do to help...

I believe that those who blame the rich for their own circumstances, would not like the idea of helping the poor, only through tax dollars they are forced to give......They would require that you give more than that on your own before they even think of speaking of them in a more positive light. But most likely you would be viewed positively only after you become poor yourself....and start depending on other rich to help you as well.

And so is the way of life... I find no fault in it.

I do not judge rich and poor by outward appearances.....There are many who are content with little and would find a lot to be a burden they do not wish to bear.

No better time like the present to show that there are things more important than money.... This virus does not look at your bank account before infecting you. Yet their are some who still believe that money is the answer to all problems....

Upvote 0