• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Covid vaccine problem, please help i don’t know what to do

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My husband wants to get the covid vaccine. I have ocd and anxiety and I believe a little bit but not sure the conspiracy theories that people will die from it all over the world. I’m the only one in my family who dont wants to take it and I’m scared my family will die and I’m the only one left. Also I’ve read vaccinated people are dangerous and they can be harmful to unvaccinated and since my husband wants to get vaccinated I will be in danger if I’m near him. I don’t know what to do. Is this all true? I believe this stuff to quickly. Is it because I have mental illness? But some other people who are not sick believe it too. Am I weird for believing this? I want to prevent my husband from taking the vaccine but he won’t listen. I’m scared to lose him. That he will die. And I’m scared to be near him if he’s vaccinated. Like if we sleep in bed. I don’t know what to do!! It’s hopeless....Can someone help me??

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please read scientific works and not QAnon sites on the vaccine. I've been vaccinated since February as I work at a hospital and got in as early as I could. I was tired for a few days after the second shot but that's been all. I've seen what Covid can do to some people and they are going to have lifelong issues even though they had moderate cases due to lung damage.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
My husband wants to get the covid vaccine. I have ocd and anxiety and I believe a little bit but not sure the conspiracy theories that people will die from it all over the world. I’m the only one in my family who dont wants to take it and I’m scared my family will die and I’m the only one left. Also I’ve read vaccinated people are dangerous and they can be harmful to unvaccinated and since my husband wants to get vaccinated I will be in danger if I’m near him. I don’t know what to do. Is this all true? I believe this stuff to quickly. Is it because I have mental illness? But some other people who are not sick believe it too. Am I weird for believing this? I want to prevent my husband from taking the vaccine but he won’t listen. I’m scared to lose him. That he will die. And I’m scared to be near him if he’s vaccinated. Like if we sleep in bed. I don’t know what to do!! It’s hopeless....Can someone help me??
I suggest reading less stuff on the internet written by people who have done nothing to earn your trust.

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As a healthcare worker, I was one of the first to get vaccinated. I got the moderna one, and I haven't noticed any side effects at all since getting the shot, and none of my coworkers have had anything bad happen yet either. If we haven't, as some of the first people vaccinated in the states, how are other people saying that they know bad stuff is going to happen later on?

Sounds like people are making things up to me. I mean, can you name one point in history any other time when public vaccines led to mass death? It's never happened, ever. I can name plenty of times in history when vaccines prevented death, though.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I believe what the CDC says about the virus and vaccine; they have some of the best doctors in the world working for them.

Here is a list of questions answered by the CDC; scroll down to the 6th one:
COVID-19 Vaccine Facts

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Please read scientific works and not QAnon sites on the vaccine. I've been vaccinated since February as I work at a hospital and got in as early as I could. I was tired for a few days after the second shot but that's been all. I've seen what Covid can do to some people and they are going to have lifelong issues even though they had moderate cases due to lung damage.

Oh! Me too. :D I'm just a dietitian tech, but I work in the ICU and the CCU predominantly. The CCU is where we keep covid folks, so I've heard a lot of experiences from the nurses on my healthcare team, and have gotten to see first hand what the virus does to some extent. What do you do there, if you don't mind my asking?

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I run a communication system designed from Star Trek for a hospital. As a geek, it's a dream job. When Covid first broke out, I set up a code for infection control so we could get someone get tested. Then when we opened up our Covid ward, I set up an emergency system so patients could talk to their nurse as it is a make shift ward and did not have a nurse call system installed yet.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pray about it and do what you feel the Lord would have you do. I do know that a spirit of fear is not from the Lord.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you would be better to get information from those who have received a vaccine to know how it has affected them. many people politicize it and this may be where the aggression from sides come from but the vaccine itself should be viewed no different than any other kind of vaccine. If you are concerned talk to your doctor or a medical professional about side effect and if it's safe for you but getting caught up in conspiracy is only going to have a product of fear.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@123flower,
the rest of us have the same questions about the covid vaccines that you do,
but we are not freaking out about it to the extent that you are.

If you would just treat your OCD,
the largest part of your anxiety would diminish greatly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
To the OP, your fears are unfounded and fired by those that have no understanding of the science. I could link you to various sources that explain how the vaccine works. You cannot get sick from someone that had the vaccine. It does not make viruses in the body. The Moderna vaccine for example only makes one small part of the virus. Your body recognizes that as an invader and it creates antibodies to deal with it. The parts themselves are not the virus.

Your fears are the same as someone being afraid that the packets of chicken legs in a grocery store were going to attack you. Yes, the legs were part of a chicken, but once the bird is butchered its odds of attacking you are zero. The same applies to the vaccines that are out there. They do not use the old "weakened virus" method of vaccination these days. They use the "chicken leg" version. You are safe.

And you would be even safer if you got the vaccine for yourself. Your husband will be protected if it comes around again. He could even catch it, but people that have been vaccinated have far lower levels of infection than those who have no protection. Like you.

Reactions: sesquiterpene
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like your worrying when you know worrying doesn’t help. Something that The Good Lord allowed me to share with one of our not so young anymore grandchildren follows; he was worried that on this one particular day he would die if he went to school. Our oldest daughter, his mother called me concerned. I shared this Wisdom. If God The Father wants you to die today, there is nothing in the universe that can stop that from happening. Conversely, if God The Father doesn’t want you to die today, nothing in the universe can kill you. I realize that this true story is not exactly your problem. However, please pray on this.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All I will say is that I have noticed a hugely disproportionate number of people believe the conspiracy theories about covid who have mental health issues, use mind altering drugs and/or are part of society that is on the edge of normal society. Most well adjusted, intelligent, law abiding members of the community are less inclined to believe them.

Upvote 0