Covid Vaccine Poll...?

What is your position on Covid-19 vaccinations?

• Total voters

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a lot threads about the Covid-19 vaccines, but I don't recall seeing a poll on the question, so here you go.

Feel free to elaborate in a follow-up post.

Reminder: this thread is to gauge differences in opinion, not to be another debate thread. There are plenty of those (in the appropriate sub-forums) already.

Last edited:

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your option number 2, pretty much sums it up for me. I have my doubts about the vaccine and it's effectiveness, but at this point I think it is better than nothing and don't believe it poses much of a risk.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
For me, the vaccine is much less of a risk than the virus. If the virus doesn't kill me, it can still mess me up with blood clots and organ damage. Plus I'm looking after my 80-year-old mom. She I have had no problems with the Moderna vaccine.

I don't thoroughly trust the vaccine, but I'm not willing to gamble with the virus.

Looking forward to next year's shot.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Navair2

May the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified above all
Nov 18, 2020
Somewhere west of Chicago.
✟36,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
None of the above.

While I'm not opposed to vaccines in general ( I've had whole batteries of them introduced into various extremities, orally, intravenously, etc. during my time in the US. Navy ), I'd much rather wait this out until I feel that I either need one, or others come along that do not utilize experimental techniques to research and develop them....

Or that use gene therapy in order to "train" my body to fight what isn't even there to begin with.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a lot threads about the Covid-19 vaccines, but I don't recall seeing a poll on the question, so here you go.

I voted number one. I trust the people that worked hard on this thing, which is a minority view

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I voted number one. I trust the people that worked hard on this thing, which is a minority view

The only reason I didn't pick #1 is that I don't completely trust anything, skeptic that I am. #2 is clearly worded with an anti-vax bias, but oh well.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
#2 is clearly worded with an anti-vax bias, but oh well.
That is a strange conclusion.
So you think that there is, or should be, no distinction between zeal & reluctance...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Option 1, although "without question" is a bridge too far. I did question and as a result I have confidence in the vaccine. I could have chosen 2 but I don't consider it to be a "gamble".

I had my first Astrazeneca a few weeks ago. I had a mild 'morning after' type headache which I suspect was a side effect - I don't normally get headaches. Next shot is due at the end of July - there's a 12 week gap between shots.

OB

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could have chosen 2 but I don't consider it to be a "gamble".
That is the sense that I was going for with the phrase "without question," whether the respondent had a high degree of confidence or a minimal one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
That is the sense that I was going for with the phrase "without question," whether the respondent had a high degree of confidence or a minimal one.

To me, 'without question" implies blind acceptance. I would also never use the word 'trust' in this type of context since it implies an emotional judgement. 'Confidence' fits better.

If my 7 year old grandson offered to perform a little brain surgery on me I would have complete trust in his good intentions but no confidence in his ability.

I'm a well known pedant. :rolleyes:

OB

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The vaccine is "contraindicated" for me because I am Covid-recovered (positive test, 103 temp, loss of taste/smell). According to my research I have better immunity now than any vaccinated person. Covid-recovered patients were excluded from the vaccine trials. Duh, the pharm companies knew they were now immune and that vaccinating on top of natural immunity can only hurt.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,209.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any particular problems with the vaccines available, in that the risks involved with them are very small. However, I'm not overly thrilled with the vaccines either, in that they're also not as effective as we might hope. Even a fully vaccinated population would still see the virus circulating.

That said, when a vaccine becomes available to me (I'm not eligible yet, being young and in good health and not in a high-priority profession) I expect I'll take it and be grateful, because even a not-wonderfully-effective vaccine is going to be better than no vaccine.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That said, when a vaccine becomes available to me (I'm not eligible yet, being young and in good health and not in a high-priority profession) I expect I'll take it and be grateful, because even a not-wonderfully-effective vaccine is going to be better than no vaccine.
Feel free to answer the poll in that context. Vote changes are allowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
None of the above. I’m not anti-vaccine. I think these have been rushed, and there’s no long term data available. I don’t feel like being part of a class-action suit in 10 years.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

There was need for a little cleanup.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of this sitewide rule:

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

From the OP:

Reminder: this thread is to gauge differences in opinion, not to be another debate thread.

MOD HAT OFF

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My three[?] cents,
  1. My family is passing on Pfizer & Moderna. No one knows their long-term effects, yet. They are otherwise good vaccines (so far), if limited in scope of protection.
  2. My family has had a long-term, bad reaction to vaccines that use the same process as Johnson & Johnson's entry (B-list cell bases). So that is a pass, too.
  3. We are waiting for Valneva or one like it (A-list cell bases). It is an old-school style vaccine. My family tolerates those well. If successful, it will protect against more variants of covid than group #1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

honestal

Mar 27, 2021
Midwest
✟31,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NONE OF THE ABOVE

My wife and I will always go the natural route: In this case, elderberry juice, zinc, and NAC (?) daily.

All drugs, and that includes this vaccine, have negative side effects.

And as is almost always the case, keeping a strong immune system is the best defense.

Upvote 0