London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My daughter works as a physio in a hospital. 1st wave of Covid almost broke her, people her age were dying and they could do nothing.

2nd time around more people close to us have got it, and a few have died. This is the worst medical emergency of our generation.

There is a fake list of numbers of deaths by year claiming to be from the CDC claiming the death numbers total are less in 2020 than previous years. It's is fake, made up, junk, lies.....Yet believers are spreading this like it's true.

If people die because of such lies, how can anyone live with this? It is heartless, and evil, a sin that leads to death.

I know 10 vulnerable people personally and covid would kill them.
These words and actions are life and death, it is no longer conspiracy theories, it becomes criminal negligence to spread such lies. These lies stop people taking precautions, isolating, being careful in one to one contact.

Jesus calls us to love our neighbours, and we need to do this in our speech and what we share and how we behave with care and attention.

God bless you

The Lord is sovereign

Last edited:

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
FYI, I want to force people who spread that crap to work on a Covid ward for a few weeks. Maybe have to take the bodies to refrigerated trucks because the hospital morgue is full.

Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
Amen.
Sucks that people don't take it seriously. Don't get me started on Christians who don't take it serious , who are supposed to love they neighbor and instead act like its a government ploy to take away power from citizens. If it doesn't bother you how many people dying over this, something wrong with your heart. Just ignorance or heartless , pick one.

I know of many people personally who have died from it , that would of still been alive had they not caught it.
My neighbor just passed two weeks ago and her husband in the hospital and Dont know if he's going to make it .

I just pray that all those dying know God, sad situation overall.

• Prayers
Reactions: LightLoveHope
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My daughter works as a physio in a hospital. 1st wave of Covid almost broke her, people her age were dying and they could do nothing.

2nd time around more people close to us have got it, and a few have died. This is the worst medical emergency of our generation.

There is a fake list of numbers of deaths by year claiming to be from the CDC claiming the death numbers total are less in 2020 than previous years. It's is fake, made up, junk, lies.....Yet believers are spreading this like it's true.

If people die because of such lies, how can anyone live with this? It is heartless, and evil, a sin that leads to death.

I know 10 vulnerable people personally and covid would kill them.
These words and actions are life and death, it is no longer conspiracy theories, it becomes criminal negligence to spread such lies. These lies stop people taking precautions, isolating, being careful in one to one contact.

Jesus calls us to love our neighbours, and we need to do this in our speech and what we share and how we behave with care and attention.

God bless you

The Lord is sovereign
Personally, I have never said it was not real, but I DO believe it is overstated. Yes, people are dying I am not saying otherwise, but I have learned to look at the numbers and compare the numbers of people that get it to the number that died and say that that percentage does not match up to the panic people seem to have. I have known and known of ( know the family do not know the person directly.) several people who have had it including my mother, sister and me. I have known people like me who had nothing or in my case I have had common colds worse. I have known people who you would think would have a tougher time with it that were fine. I have known of people who have ended up in the hospital a couple in ICU and yes one man who did pass at just 60 after a month long battle At the same time looking at the overall numbers the vast majority of people have little problem and most ( not all) but most who do ( especially when it comes to dying or ending up in the ICU are older and/or have other problems ( often ones that will get them if nothing else does. Not that those people do not matter that is not what I am saying, rather I am saying that in many cases there was more to it than just co-vid. I mean when you have older people to die, as well there are just certain ages people would reasonably EXPECT to find in obits. Those people have lived a long life and some of them may even feel you know what I would rather die because I saw my family and was doing what I loved with who I love than just die without seeing people or doing what I enjoy. Some people who say people are not taking it seriously may not realize that some of those people have basically taken the position that look I can either live and die in fear or I can live not in fear and still die. Either way something will get me and I would rather live my life enjoying it than in fear and cooped up for months on end.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I have never said it was not real, but I DO believe it is overstated. Yes, people are dying I am not saying otherwise, but I have learned to look at the numbers and compare the numbers of people that get it to the number that died and say that that percentage does not match up to the panic people seem to have. I have known and known of ( know the family do not know the person directly.) several people who have had it including my mother, sister and me. I have known people like me who had nothing or in my case I have had common colds worse. I have known people who you would think would have a tougher time with it that were fine. I have known of people who have ended up in the hospital a couple in ICU and yes one man who did pass at just 60 after a month long battle At the same time looking at the overall numbers the vast majority of people have little problem and most ( not all) but most who do ( especially when it comes to dying or ending up in the ICU are older and/or have other problems ( often ones that will get them if nothing else does. Not that those people do not matter that is not what I am saying, rather I am saying that in many cases there was more to it than just co-vid. I mean when you have older people to die, as well there are just certain ages people would reasonably EXPECT to find in obits. Those people have lived a long life and some of them may even feel you know what I would rather die because I saw my family and was doing what I loved with who I love than just die without seeing people or doing what I enjoy. Some people who say people are not taking it seriously may not realize that some of those people have basically taken the position that look I can either live and die in fear or I can live not in fear and still die. Either way something will get me and I would rather live my life enjoying it than in fear and cooped up for months on end.
For me the question falls into two areas.
1. Hospitals need to be open and functioning to meet medical needs
2. The spread of the illness needs to be reduced and controlled.

If the hospitals are being overrun, ie 50% of all beds are now COVID beds and no other treatments other than emergencies are happening that is not coping. Any level of precaution that brings this under control is a good thing.

The numbers in testing works because it measures success or failure objectively. The flow of logic here is clear. In the UK they wanted to weather the storm and let it run its course, but hospitals started filling up, so control came to be the only course.

Personal experience is not society wide, but a non statistically significant sample. It is possible I and my daughters have had the virus, with little effect. This does not stop people dying or getting ill on a scale we cannot handle. No politician or business man wants this, but this is where we are.

With the vaccine things will change, how we will wait and see. In 2 years it will probably like aids, it is under control but always there. What people miss is this is the first major one that got away. The next will be much worse, but we now know it will come. Hopefully we will be better at fighting it and stopping its spread, with instant identification and isolation.

God bless you

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country