Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You have to go further back than that. Reagan massively (for the time) increased the dept and raised taxes. Hank Williams even wrote about it (the tax increase).
True enough. It was Reagan who started the latest iteration of Horse and Sparrow economics.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
True enough. It was Reagan who started the latest iteration of Horse and Sparrow economics.

Supply Side Economics works, you just have to give it 100 or so years to see the benefits. Trust me.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Democrats in the House passed their bill back in May, fully two months ago. As of today, the GOP in the Senate has yet to propose a plan. Meanwhile, Federal unemployment benefits expire this week.

Mnuchin optimistic as GOP set to introduce Senate coronavirus stimulus bill Monday

McConnell says 15-20 GOP senators are opposed to any aid package.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Friday that more than a third of Republican senators will not vote for any coronavirus relief package, underscoring division with his caucus.

"I think there are 15-20 of my guys that are not going to vote for anything. ... It's a statement of the obvious that we will not have everybody on our side," McConnell told WHAS, a Kentucky radio station.

If 20 Republicans voted against an eventual coronavirus deal, that means McConnell would need support from at least 27 Democratic senators to get the bill over a 60-vote procedural threshold

Hmmmm.... maybe it would be easier to get a dozen Republican senators to vote for the House plan that has already passed.

• Useful
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The Democrats in the House passed their bill back in May, fully two months ago. As of today, the GOP in the Senate has yet to propose a plan. Meanwhile, Federal unemployment benefits expire this week.

Now I think changes are needed to the Fed's unemployment benefits. A needs-based formula would be more appropriate than a $600 a week across the board (GOP proposed 70% of an employees wage for example). However, implementing such a formula across 50 states's unemployment programs would take several weeks. That opportunity is long gone since the GOP has apparently done nothing to advance a bill since May.

Mnuchin optimistic as GOP set to introduce Senate coronavirus stimulus bill Monday

I propose an alternative plan for hungry, homeless Americans : eat the rich. Once they are eaten, camp out in their houses.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I propose an alternative plan for hungry, homeless Americans : eat the rich. Once they are eaten, camp out in their houses.
fxrjg2l4qw151.jpg

Upvote 0