USA
✟159,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Is she some kind of anti-vaxx crank or quack doctor with no medical expertise? No! Absolutely not! At the time of typing this, she has 114 publications and 4551 citations, which is a highly respectable profile that many academics and researchers would envy.
Well, you certainly know how to find the crackpots in a lineup, don't you?
She only has 13 articles in pubmed, which weren't particularly high in citations.
tess lawrie - Search Results - PubMed
When you look at researchgate, you do indeed see 114 publications, but that is because many of the references are not peer reviewed, and there are many duplicates. Didn't bother to check, did you?
Theresa A Lawrie
She seems so have started out as an obstetrician, but has now gone fulltime into producing reports for Cochrane - which will indeed produce many articles not shown in Pubmed, and will also generate many citations. Nonetheless, she doesn't seem to have any particular expertise in vaccines, and when she says things like this
We are aware of the limitations of pharmacovigilance data and understand that information on reported Adverse Drug Reactions should not be interpreted as meaning that the medicine in question generally causes the observed effect or is unsafe to use.
but then goes on to simply ignore these limitations, I suspect that whatever reputation she has is severely endangered.

She has a bit of a conflict of interest, as she has attached herself to the ivermectin bandwagon. This has some chance of vindicating her, as the question of how well ivermectin might work is still a bit of an open question - but then she goes on to cite Seneff, who is a nutcase of the finest caliber. I don't think anyone's reputation can recover from that bit of craziness.
Oh, no! GMOs are going to make everyone autistic! - RESPECTFUL INSOLENCE

Stephanie Seneff: Blaming glyphosate in biofuels and e-cigs for COVID-19 - RESPECTFUL INSOLENCE

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟159,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
As others have pointed out, this new journal's sole purpose seems to be disparaging Covid vaccines.
Many aspects of Covid-19 and subsequent vaccine development are unprecedented for a vaccine deployed for use in the general population. Some of these includes the following.
Yes, every new vaccine is unprecedented. Well, let's see how that works.
1. First to use PEG (polyethylene glycol) in an injection (see text)
Well, it's almost true, but there is one pegylated product approved for use:
Peginterferon alfa-2a Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com
Pegylated is indeed different from PEG, but there are indeed many pharmaceutical products that do contain PEG

• Informative
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟159,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
2. First to use mRNA vaccine technology against an infectious agent
That's pretty much just false. mRNA vaccines have been studied before for flu, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus (CMV).
3. First time Moderna has brought any product to market
And Pfizer has brought many products to market.
First to have public health officials telling those receiving the vaccination to expect an adverse reaction
Adverse reactions such as soreness at the site of vaccination are quite common. This is just nonsense.
First to be implemented publicly with nothing more than preliminary efficacy data (see text)
There's also all the safety data that was collected on the 30,000 to 45,000 participants in the various trials for these vaccines. If you want to claim that all the efficacy data was preliminary, you should check this out:
statistics.png

6. First vaccine to make no clear claims about reducing infections, transmissibility, or deaths
The vaccine manufacturers have made clear claims, you simply didn't list them. Do you consider that being honest? The vaccines are indeed effective at reducing all of these. Try reading this:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/m...des-2021-05-12/09-COVID-Fleming-Dutra-508.pdf

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟274,633.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your number 4 is wrong Flu Vaccine Safety Information | CDC

If you can’t get correct things I do know, why should I trust you to get correct the things I don’t know.

Number 1 is wrong as well.

Article from 2008 about using polyethylene glycol in vaccines
FAQ from 2013 about polyethylene glycol in vaccines.

Number 3 is technically correct, but also deeply misleading. Moderna had not brought a product to market before the COVID-19 vaccine, but they were a supplier to other pharmaceuticals firms and had better than 15 different vaccine and gene therapies in trials as of early 2020.

Also, I have some deep reservations about the 'International Journal of Vaccine Theory, Practice, and Research'.

It appears to have been founded in December 2020, for the express purpose of publishing anti-vaxx nonsense and conspiracy theory rubbish.

One of its founders, Dr John W. Oller, is a double PhD holder (both in lingusitics). Sound good, right?

But, he's also on the board of Children's Health Defense - which is one of the chief proponents of anti-vaxx woo in the Western world. He's also been spouting anti-vaxx/vaccines cause autism nonsense since at least 2006. Up to, and including, publishing a vaccines cause autism (as do tooth fillings) book in 2010, speaking at anti-vaxx conferences and taking money from private foundations to write papers linking preservatives in vaccines to autism.

The other founder is Dr Christopher Shaw. He's a neuroscientist. Also sounds good, right? However, he's also an anti-vaxx/vaccines cause autism crank. He's been forced to retract multiple studies linking aluminium in vaccines to autism, and has been HEAVILY funded by anti-vaxx groups, including the now defunct Children's Medical Safety Research Institute and various private foundations run by wealthy anti vaxxers.

The "editors" of the journal are all individuals with links to anti-vaxx groups too.

In summary, the 'International Journal of Vaccine Theory, Practice, and Research' is a journal started by anit-vaxxers, reviewed by anti-vaxx peers, for the express purpose of publishing anti-vaxx articles.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
By the time people open their eyes it will be too late anyway, people practically worship this vaccine.

Well i see it as actually worshiping science first then making way for a joyful acceptance of the miracle elixir.

I also heard just by chance biden (just happen to hear him say this) say at this g7 meeting, when he was speaking. That there would be more pandemics to come, also as if he was saying several are coming.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟263,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I also heard just by chance biden (just happen to hear him say this) say at this g7 meeting, when he was speaking. That there would be more pandemics to come, also as if he was saying several are coming.

A basic understanding of human history would tell you that more pandemics are coming. It’s good that Biden is at least smart enough to understand that and hopefully takes steps to prepare us for the next one.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, you certainly know how to find the crackpots in a lineup, don't you?

Apologies, but I can't be bothered to spend a long time responding. Your posts contains ad-hominem logical fallacies and genetic logical fallacies. Please learn to debate properly.

If you would like to try again, I suggest that a good start would be to address the issue that the Yellow Card adverse effects seem to match up with the potential pathologies described in the research paper. From Tess Lawrie's letter to the MHRA:

The nature and variety of ADRs reported to the Yellow Card System are consistent with the potential pathologies described in this paper and supported by other recent scientific papers on vaccine-induced harms, which are mediated through the vaccine spike protein product(2,3).

Another area you may like to consider for debate is that Tess Lawrie appears to have carried out a lot of research evaluating medical treatments. If you feel that her experience evaluating the suitability and effectiveness of healthcare treatments is unhelpful in evaluating covid healthcare, it would probably be a good idea to explain why you think that way, preferably without resorting to any logical fallacies.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Listening to Fauci in regard to infectious disease is as valid as listening to a 5-star general in time of war.

Has nothing to do with prophecy ... and everything to do with subject matter experts ...
Wait, we're not supposed to take medical advice from an ex-reality TV personality who had to be reminded not to stare at the sun?

• Haha
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Apologies, but I can't be bothered to spend a long time responding. Your posts contains ad-hominem logical fallacies and genetic logical fallacies. Please learn to debate properly.

Speaking of logical fallacies, what's the one where a post ignores what was actually posted in response and instead makes vague assertions that they're being personally attacked by those factual corrections?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟204,435.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well i see it as actually worshiping science first then making way for a joyful acceptance of the miracle elixir.

Here is a list of past pandemics just since 1900 (possible not complete due to time constraints). What makes you believe this is the last one?

• 1918 flu pandemic (H1N1 virus): 1918–1920. ...
  • 1957 flu pandemic (H2N2 virus): 1957–1958.
  • 1968 flu pandemic (H3N2 virus): 1968–1969. ...
  • COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): 2019–ongoing.

• CDC website

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Here is a list of past pandemics just since 1900 (possible not complete due to time constraints). What makes you believe this is the last one?

• 1918 flu pandemic (H1N1 virus): 1918–1920. ...
  • 1957 flu pandemic (H2N2 virus): 1957–1958.
  • 1968 flu pandemic (H3N2 virus): 1968–1969. ...
  • COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): 2019–ongoing.

• CDC website

I did not say this was the last one.

I was saying biden was sounding like, the virus was a government production, and they have more planed, a good system of control.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I was saying biden was sounding like, the virus was a government production, and they have more planed, a good system of control.
An absurd take away from what was said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟107,368.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Ah, English as a second language, I understand.

• Haha
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your posts contains ad-hominem logical fallacies and genetic logical fallacies.
No they do not.

You guys (anti-vaxxers) use this misleading strategy all the time. The genetic fallacy objection would indeed apply if you had offered your own evidence-based argument. But you did not - you appealed to an "expert".

In that context, it is perfectly fair game to question the qualifications of the expert.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Given the choice of Covid maybe killing me or the vaccine maybe killing me, I decided to take my chances with the vaccine.
Ummm, no kidding. 600,000 Americans have died from Covid. How many have died from the vaccine? Probably so few, they could fit in my apartment.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟204,435.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An absurd take away from what was said.

All of us filter what we hear/see through our personal filters. I can see how someone who distrusts the government and feels Biden is a horrible person/president could get this out of what he said.

Upvote 0