• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

COVID-19 Vaccine Choice is Important

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by IceJad, Nov 24, 2021.

1. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+567
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    I'm a big proponent of getting vaccinated. I believe in herd immunity will help those who cannot be vaccinated. I got my shots. But I was not given the choice of vaccine. Partly due to AZ & Pfizer shortage early this year in Malaysia. Thanks Bill Gates! I was forced to get Sinovac my least preferred choice. I was only informed after I arrived at the vaccination center.

Now the study comes out that my vaccine has the lowest efficacy rate after 3 months. Now I'm not sure whether to get the same vaccine booster or change to Pfizer. I fear a reaction to another vaccine type after getting Sinovac. There has been cases of mixed vaccines leading to death. But I don't want to get the least effective vaccine.

After Three Months, Sinovac Vaccine Only 28% Effective Against ICU Admission - CodeBlue

vaccine.jpg

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+16,070
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    What do you mean with "Thanks Bill Gates"?

3. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+567
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    The World Loses Under Bill Gates’ Vaccine Colonialism

I'm quite sure you are aware of the vaccine patent issue. When the world needed it the most it was limited to selective manufacturers who cannot produce enough on time. And rich nations gobbled up the supplies as soon as they are produced. Early on we 3rd world countries can't secure enough and have too rely on donations.

4. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+16,070
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    No wonder Billionaires shoot themselves into orbit instead of helping people. If they would, they'd just be hated even more.

5. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+7,573
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    No there haven't.

Get Pfizer. The heterogeneity will be good for the immune response.

6. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+3,224
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm a proponent of the vaccines but not really interested in mixing and matching one with the boosters of another if I don't have to. The immune system is a bit like the Hulk. Don't make it angry...

upload_2021-11-24_11-10-56.png

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  7. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,490
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    Get Pfizer if possible.

The side effects were pretty mild. So far I haven't gotten sick with COVID, and I've been out quite a bit in the past few months.

My aunt had the Pfizer vaccine, and got COVID, and she was only sick for a whole of two days. So the vaccine is still working.

8. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    There was evidence earlier that mixing vaccines actually increased defences.

I got AZ and then Phizer....no choice for either (just took it as soon as I was able). I got a booster (I was able to because mixed doses) but it was phizer and I REALLY want to move over Moderna as it is most effective.

Sorry to hear you were stuck with Sinovac. I also am quite unhappy with how rich nations are monopolizing vaccines as they do.

9. Julia McGraw

Julia McGraw New Member

+0
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I got 2 doses of Pfizer but I know some people who had 2 doses of different type of vaccines and they felt themselfs same as people who got 2 doses of same vaccine Thank God no one of them had an issuses. I just got myself some drugs to relieve my well-being after vacination

10. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+7,031
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Get Pfizer. I haven't seen any evidence of problems mixing vax types, and if there were a problem it would be extremely rare. The better protection provided by Pfizer far outweighs any risk, if there is one at all.

11. ruthiesea

ruthiesea Active Member

+315
    Judaism
    Married
    Herd immunity means that millions of people who could be saved by vaccines are allowed to die or have long term problems so that those who live will be immune. Makes no sense to me.

12. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+7,031
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    ?? Herd immunity means that enough people have immunity from vaccination that those who aren't vaccinated or who can't be protected by vaccines aren't exposed to the disease. At least that's what it's always meant in the past. The idea that we should just let lots of people get sick as a way to achieve herd immunity is some kind of insanity that's been promoted by some during this pandemic.

13. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+1,621
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    I am looking forward to VLA2001 (Valneva). It will be probably better than mRNA vaccines. It has the whole inactivated virus, not just spike proteins. So it will be more effective against various mutations.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+567
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
  15. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+567
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    I don't think that's what herd immunity means. All it means is that the virus cannot so easily find vectors in a population to thrive in.

16. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+7,573
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Interesting, 2 cases but sadly no follow up. Also, both of those were for the 1st two shots and were not about the booster.

Or not. Inactivated viruses don't get into cells and replicate, which means they generate a very different immune profile to other types of vaccines, and thus don't always work well. In particular they are not great at CD8+ T cell responses

17. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,490
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    Herd immunity will not happen with COVID-19, as the virus mutates too quickly. The virus is going endemic. At some time in the future, it will become a nasty cold virus and we'll forget about it. How many people die in the process is an open issue.

18. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Do you have any evidence of this?

I mean the spike protein is the thing that interacts most with our antibodies so I would think that the spike protein is the most important part...maybe only important part?