May 23, 2005
✟99,960.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm a big proponent of getting vaccinated. I believe in herd immunity will help those who cannot be vaccinated. I got my shots. But I was not given the choice of vaccine. Partly due to AZ & Pfizer shortage early this year in Malaysia. Thanks Bill Gates! I was forced to get Sinovac my least preferred choice. I was only informed after I arrived at the vaccination center.

Now the study comes out that my vaccine has the lowest efficacy rate after 3 months. Now I'm not sure whether to get the same vaccine booster or change to Pfizer. I fear a reaction to another vaccine type after getting Sinovac. There has been cases of mixed vaccines leading to death. But I don't want to get the least effective vaccine.

After Three Months, Sinovac Vaccine Only 28% Effective Against ICU Admission - CodeBlue

vaccine.jpg

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,960.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean with "Thanks Bill Gates"?

The World Loses Under Bill Gates’ Vaccine Colonialism

I'm quite sure you are aware of the vaccine patent issue. When the world needed it the most it was limited to selective manufacturers who cannot produce enough on time. And rich nations gobbled up the supplies as soon as they are produced. Early on we 3rd world countries can't secure enough and have too rely on donations.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The World Loses Under Bill Gates’ Vaccine Colonialism

I'm quite sure you are aware of the vaccine patent issue. When the world needed it the most it was limited to selective manufacturers who cannot produce enough on time. And rich nations gobbled up the supplies as soon as they are produced. Early on we 3rd world countries can't secure enough and have too rely on donations.
No wonder Billionaires shoot themselves into orbit instead of helping people. If they would, they'd just be hated even more.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm a proponent of the vaccines but not really interested in mixing and matching one with the boosters of another if I don't have to. The immune system is a bit like the Hulk. Don't make it angry...

upload_2021-11-24_11-10-56.png

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Get Pfizer if possible.

The side effects were pretty mild. So far I haven't gotten sick with COVID, and I've been out quite a bit in the past few months.

My aunt had the Pfizer vaccine, and got COVID, and she was only sick for a whole of two days. So the vaccine is still working.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,003.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There was evidence earlier that mixing vaccines actually increased defences.

I got AZ and then Phizer....no choice for either (just took it as soon as I was able). I got a booster (I was able to because mixed doses) but it was phizer and I REALLY want to move over Moderna as it is most effective.

Sorry to hear you were stuck with Sinovac. I also am quite unhappy with how rich nations are monopolizing vaccines as they do.

Upvote 0

Julia McGraw

Dec 3, 2021
UK
✟7,901.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I got 2 doses of Pfizer but I know some people who had 2 doses of different type of vaccines and they felt themselfs same as people who got 2 doses of same vaccine Thank God no one of them had an issuses. I just got myself some drugs to relieve my well-being after vacination

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm a big proponent of getting vaccinated. I believe in herd immunity will help those who cannot be vaccinated.

View attachment 308737
Herd immunity means that millions of people who could be saved by vaccines are allowed to die or have long term problems so that those who live will be immune. Makes no sense to me.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Herd immunity means that millions of people who could be saved by vaccines are allowed to die or have long term problems so that those who live will be immune.
?? Herd immunity means that enough people have immunity from vaccination that those who aren't vaccinated or who can't be protected by vaccines aren't exposed to the disease. At least that's what it's always meant in the past. The idea that we should just let lots of people get sick as a way to achieve herd immunity is some kind of insanity that's been promoted by some during this pandemic.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,631.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am looking forward to VLA2001 (Valneva). It will be probably better than mRNA vaccines. It has the whole inactivated virus, not just spike proteins. So it will be more effective against various mutations.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,960.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,960.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Herd immunity means that millions of people who could be saved by vaccines are allowed to die or have long term problems so that those who live will be immune. Makes no sense to me.

I don't think that's what herd immunity means. All it means is that the virus cannot so easily find vectors in a population to thrive in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Investigation into man's death after mixed vaccinations

Concerns on mix-and-match vaccinations rise after first death reported in Korea

Not to say that there are none. Nor I'm saying that I know for sure that it is the root cause. But it is a gamble.

But I have decided that I'm getting Pfizer booster. Pray I'm not going to be part of the death stats.

Interesting, 2 cases but sadly no follow up. Also, both of those were for the 1st two shots and were not about the booster.

I am looking forward to VLA2001 (Valneva). It will be probably better than mRNA vaccines. It has the whole inactivated virus, not just spike proteins. So it will be more effective against various mutations.

Or not. Inactivated viruses don't get into cells and replicate, which means they generate a very different immune profile to other types of vaccines, and thus don't always work well. In particular they are not great at CD8+ T cell responses

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think that's what herd immunity means. All it means is that the virus cannot so easily find vectors in a population to thrive in.

Herd immunity will not happen with COVID-19, as the virus mutates too quickly. The virus is going endemic. At some time in the future, it will become a nasty cold virus and we'll forget about it. How many people die in the process is an open issue.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,003.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Do you have any evidence of this?

I mean the spike protein is the thing that interacts most with our antibodies so I would think that the spike protein is the most important part...maybe only important part?

Upvote 0