Minnesota
✟212,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
While American citizens are being pressured to varying degrees to wear masks, immigrants crossing over the Mexican border, and a number are testing positive for COVID-19. Should all crossing the border be tested and quarantined? Should the president be held responsible if someone contracts COVID-19 from one of these immigrants and dies?

18 percent of migrant families leaving Border Patrol custody positive for Covid

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,577.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
While American citizens are being pressured to varying degrees to wear masks, immigrants crossing over the Mexican border, and a number are testing positive for COVID-19. Should all crossing the border be tested and quarantined? Should the president be held responsible if someone contracts COVID-19 from one of these immigrants and dies?

18 percent of migrant families leaving Border Patrol custody positive for Covid

Just as soon as American citizens who refuse to take the vaccine are held responsible I'll get behind this.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Just as soon as American citizens who refuse to take the vaccine are held responsible I'll get behind this.

That would be the other way around.

If the democratic government of america wants the vaccine resistant citizen to take a vaccine. Then the american government should first 100% enforce the immigration laws of this country. And after that expose all the lies they are and have feeding/feed to the citizens of america, tell the truth.

But that will not happen because the lie is so ingrained into the government of this county, that these politicians do not have integrity or courage enough to do this.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
On the topic of border controls with regards to the pandemic (and pandemic spread prevention in general), I've seen both sides engaging in a bit of the "selective covid concern".

On the one hand, you have far-right conservatives who claim they won't get vaccinated for it (and they wear their anti-vaxx status like a badge of honor), and that it's not a big deal, and "I trust my immune system because I took some vitamin D" yada yada yada... But when the topic is people coming across the southern border, all of the sudden they're concerned about the covid implications?

On the other hand, you have some far-left types who pick and choose which kinds of "potential super spreader scenarios" they need to be outraged about, based on the political affiliation of the people engaging in them, and basically ignore the ones involving people who align with them politically.

It's almost like scummy politicians on both sides are trying to use a legitimate public health concern as a reason to shove through the types of policies they wanted before the pandemic, and then accusing the other side of "not caring" when called out for it.

...but that can't be it because politicians are all great, honest, and sincere people.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Are you an American Citizen?

I withdraw the question, I see you are from Seattle, therefore I assume you are a Citizen.

So I will chalk up your statement to just ignorance of the Constitution

My Body My Choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,134.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
On the topic of border controls with regards to the pandemic (and pandemic spread prevention in general), I've seen both sides engaging in a bit of the "selective covid concern".

On the one hand, you have far-right conservatives who claim they won't get vaccinated for it (and they wear their anti-vaxx status like a badge of honor), and that it's not a big deal, and "I trust my immune system because I took some vitamin D" yada yada yada... But when the topic is people coming across the southern border, all of the sudden they're concerned about the covid implications?

Is it only far right people not getting the vaccine?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it only far right people not getting the vaccine?

No, with regards to vaccine hesitancy on the left half of the political spectrum, 18-25's and the Black community are lagging in vaccination rates.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,577.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Are you an American Citizen?

I withdraw the question, I see you are from Seattle, therefore I assume you are a Citizen.

So I will chalk up your statement to just ignorance of the Constitution

My Body My Choice.

As soon as those on the right agree that applies to pregnant women I'll take you seriously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,577.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That would be the other way around.

If the democratic government of america wants the vaccine resistant citizen to take a vaccine. Then the american government should first 100% enforce the immigration laws of this country.

These two things are not related.

And after that expose all the lies they are and have feeding/feed to the citizens of america, tell the truth.

This sounds like the start of a conspiracy theory rant.

But that will not happen because the lie is so ingrained into the government of this county, that these politicians do not have integrity or courage enough to do this.

I do not find it likely you have enough information to make these claims.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't see why you wouldn't jab them with the J&J vaccine on arrival.

Actually, they've been offering the J&J shot to people coming across the border, 30% have been declining that offer.

30% of immigrants in ICE custody have refused a coronavirus vaccine

I think this particular area is one where Democrats would serve themselves well to develop a more consistent "forceful push" for vaccination as opposed to what they've been doing in that regard... which has been to shine the spotlight on the fact that conservative rural males are highly vaccine hesitant, but seemingly play with kid gloves when it comes to other demographics (that lean democratic) that have nearly the same rates of vaccine hesitancy/refusal.

It ties in with that I touched on in another thread a while back. They love to tell the tales of "Florida Man" and "Texas Man" when it comes to vaccine refusal, but never really mention that the 18-25 demographic and Black demographic (both lean heavily democratic) are lagging in vaccination rates to the same degree.

I think consistency wins the day in this one...their stock would go up a few points by having a consistent message to all people refusing to get vaccinated (even if it means ruffling some feathers among people who currently support their party)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,577.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If they decline the offer they should immediately be sent back across the border.

Agreed...

However, I think democrats have painted themselves into a bit of a corner on this one.

By giving tacit endorsement to the notion that any and all measures aimed at restricting entry as racist for the last 4 years, now if they were to try to restrict it in that way, they could find themselves in the "woke crosshairs" so to speak.

It's the same reason why I think they play with kid gloves with regards to the vaccine rates lagging in the Black community. I think they realize what the current precedent is, and are afraid of being labelled racist by their own supporters if they were to take a more stern approach.

That's why I'm somewhat interested in how the vaccine passports situation works out in the major metropolitan areas that are planning on enacting it soon...and how those measures end up getting portrayed once they realize that vaccine passport system for entry into restaurants and venues will disproportionately impact the Black community.

To clarify, I think everyone should get vaccinated, and I think localities and business are well within their rights to make it a requirement. But the moment a news story pops up about a person of color getting turned away at a restaurant or concert venue for not being vaccinated, I think things will take an interesting turn.

Upvote 0