✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
COVID-19 linked to 'significant' drop in intelligence: research

Individuals who recovered from COVID-19, including those who no longer had symptoms, exhibited significant “cognitive deficits,” according to a large study out of the U.K.

The cognitive deficits were particularly pronounced for test tasks that involved reasoning, problem solving, spatial planning and target detection, while those who had COVID-19 fared better when they were asked to complete simpler tasks, such as working memory span and emotional processing.

“These results accord with reports of long-COVID, where ‘brain fog’, trouble concentrating and difficulty finding the correct words are common,” the authors noted. “Recovery from COVID-19 infection may be associated with particularly pronounced problems in aspects of higher cognitive or ‘executive’ function.”

Another reminder that COVID-19 infections can have longer-term impacts even among individuals that have otherwise recovered.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
COVID-19 linked to 'significant' drop in intelligence: research

Individuals who recovered from COVID-19, including those who no longer had symptoms, exhibited significant “cognitive deficits,” according to a large study out of the U.K.

The cognitive deficits were particularly pronounced for test tasks that involved reasoning, problem solving, spatial planning and target detection, while those who had COVID-19 fared better when they were asked to complete simpler tasks, such as working memory span and emotional processing.

“These results accord with reports of long-COVID, where ‘brain fog’, trouble concentrating and difficulty finding the correct words are common,” the authors noted. “Recovery from COVID-19 infection may be associated with particularly pronounced problems in aspects of higher cognitive or ‘executive’ function.”

Another reminder that COVID-19 infections can have longer-term impacts even among individuals that have otherwise recovered.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Say it ain't so!

Wait, what was this thread about again?:confused:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What in the world does Obama have to do with this?
Obama is the cause of all things that have no obvious cause or don’t make sense. It’s a part of modern Chaos Theory for Dummies.
However, the COVID vaccines are beginning to supplant President Obama.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it's a old joke with how republicans would blame Obama for everything including not doing anything about 911 and such.
What did he do after 9/11? Nothing. Didn’t lift a finger until 2009!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But what if you have a nice tall cold glass of bleach before the vitamin D? And peel some of your skin off so that the UV can get inside.

“UV” sounds like the Russian codename given to Trump by his KGB handlers and/or a nickname from one of his Russian girlfriends.

Oh, I thought you'd deliberately staged a Poe.

I once got a warning for flaming/goading for marking as “funny” a post that was so ridiculous that I legitimately thought it was a joke. I had to argue to the mods that it was so stupid I couldn’t have known it was serious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Based on the number of well-credentialed researchers saying and publishing utterly stupid things about COVID-19, my hypothesis is that SARS-CoV-2 causes a significant drop in intelligence even in people who are not infected with it.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama is the cause of all things that have no obvious cause or don’t make sense. It’s a part of modern Chaos Theory for Dummies.
However, the COVID vaccines are beginning to supplant President Obama.

Chaos theory = Obama flaps his wings and a tornado hits Alabama.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Based on the number of well-credentialed researchers saying and publishing utterly stupid things about COVID-19, my hypothesis is that SARS-CoV-2 causes a significant drop in intelligence even in people who are not infected with it.

I was in a clinic with my S.O. last week and we both decided to watch Mike Judge's Idiocracy for laughs to pass the time. The watch nurse comes in and he tells us "BTW, that movie isn't fiction... that's really happening".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.