Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Hm, why no studies or even any interest in the effects of the vaccine?

They are studying the effects of the vaccine.

As for the effects of the vaccine, I am fully vaccinated and there have been no effects. As an EMT and someone with moderate to severe asthma, I thought it prudent to be vaccinated, Not to mention the immunocompromised people that I care for as patients and in my family.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As for the effects of the vaccine, I am fully vaccinated and there have been no effects. As an EMT and someone with moderate to severe asthma, I thought it prudent to be vaccinated, Not to mention the immunocompromised people that I care for as patients and in my family.
I had short term side effects lasting about two days. I avoided going to the hospital and death from COVID-19. The Moderna vaccinations I got are free. About a third of Americans in a recent study did not want vaccinations. Too many wicked antivax rumors have been spread.

The Shingrix vaccine made me slightly sick for a day or two, but the shingles infection is many times worse than the vaccine with nerve damage and pain that lasted years in some cases.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

It's probably early days yet to discover any after effects of receiving the vaccine.
But given the history that there have been after effects that have happened in patients who received vaccines that were thought harmless at the time, it's not inconceivable that after effects might happen.
The real question is will we be told about them, considering the public push to be vaccinated?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's probably early days yet to discover any after effects of receiving the vaccine.
But given the history that there have been after effects that have happened in patients who received vaccines that were thought harmless at the time, it's not inconceivable that after effects might happen
The real question is will we be told about them, considering the public push to be vaccinated?
The effects of the virus are many times worse than the side effects of the vaccine. Hospital bills are not cheap. One young nurse who got the virus needed a lung transplant.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
But given the history that there have been after effects that have happened in patients who received vaccines that were thought harmless at the time, it's not inconceivable that after effects might happen.

I'm not saying that there won't be after-effects, and every vaccine has its issues in a small percentage of people up to and including death, so the Covid vaccine is not alone.

I am sure we will be told about them.

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Hmmm... Just curious, but which vaccines are you referencing?

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟159,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Luckily enough, the opposite is true. Vaccine side effects generally show up within two months of the injection, and the mRNA ones have been in arms now for over a year. Any side effects being uncovered now will be because they are rare, not because they only became apparent months after the vaccinations.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Luckily enough, the opposite is true. Vaccine side effects generally show up within two months of the injection, and the mRNA ones have been in arms now for over a year. Any side effects being uncovered now will be because they are rare, not because they only became apparent months after the vaccinations.
The mRNA vaccines are both astonishingly effective and astonishingly safe. By contrast, the latest study of long-term effects of infection with the virus showed that 25% of people had effects months later, including people who had very mild cases.

Just for reference, I work in a major biomedical research institute. 96% of the people at our institute say they're already at least partially vaccinated, and 98.7% said they'd be vaccinated by the end of the summer. We're voting with our bodies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
There is clear evidence that COVID-19 causes something to happen to the brain.

Serious viral illnesses can wreck havoc on all parts of the body. Ebola infections also include alot of people with long-term illness, even after recovery from the infection.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The effects of the virus are many times worse than the side effects of the vaccine. Hospital bills are not cheap. One young nurse who got the virus needed a lung transplant.
Wow. Thats scary. Hmmm was she completely healthy or had pre existing issues.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Note that a double lung transplant in an otherwise healthy young person might buy her five years of life. That's it.
It is sad. Medical personnel were overwhelmed by concentrations of virus others might not be exposed to in a grocery store.

About 5 out of 10 people will survive for at least 5 years after having a lung transplant, with many people living for at least 10 years. There have also been reports of some people living for 20 years or more after a lung transplant.

Lung transplant - NHS

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
About 5 out of 10 people will survive for at least 5 years after having a lung transplant, with many people living for at least 10 years.
Good -- that's better than the numbers I'd seen. But still not great.

Upvote 0