Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess I don’t get the point of the article. Were there people out there who said the whole of global warming could be stopped with trees? Everything I’ve heard called for a broad range of incentives, including reforestation, but not exclusively reforestation. Changing our reliance on fossil fuels, penalizing corporations for not being environmentally minded, legislation of environmental standards in manufacturing... About 100 other things along with it.
You should actually read the link in the article where she originally wrote what she is conveying.

There aren’t enough trees in the world to offset society’s carbon emissions – and there never will be

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess I don’t get the point of the article. Were there people out there who said the whole of global warming could be stopped with trees? Everything I’ve heard called for a broad range of incentives, including reforestation, but not exclusively reforestation. Changing our reliance on fossil fuels, penalizing corporations for not being environmentally minded, legislation of environmental standards in manufacturing... About 100 other things along with it.

If you lined up all 100 ideas a cabal of naysayers would explain why none would work. What do they know that we don't know? :scratch:

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It will be the destruction of absolutely everything, including our environment yes. God will create new heavens and a new earth, where He will be ruler and King over all, and all will be fully aware of His Glory. I think it's such a beautiful image when Jesus says in Revelation 21:5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new"

God will be the one to deconstruct and to rebuild. It seems in the scriptures He does this alone, and the earth will not be destroyed by our hands, which is the lie climate change convinces people of. We play a great role in the consequences but I hardly think this would be because humanity wasn't "green" enough. Like you pointed out, it seems to be more because of the human heart and the effects of sin. Because of our callousness, greed and love of pleasure amongst many other things.

Fine. We disagree on that and the Oxford comma. I guess there are worse things. :)

• Haha
Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it considered impossible to offset it given the numbers of people on the earth? Like if those numbers were to decrease significantly would that be considered better for the earth?
If it were.... would that justify the genocide it would take to get us to those nunbers?

That question, whatever your beliefs are, make such a question about numbers irrelevant.
Either:
1) It isnt justified culling the population... to which case... you wont reach those nunbers.

2) You believe its justified to annihilate X amount of people and thereby forfeit your right to be classified as human for you are lacking in humanity.... so IF the world is full of the same like minded individuals, this world isnt worth saving anyway.

I tend to believe that the Earth is fine (at any level the average person can effect) , sure... we humans are perfectionists in our ability to kill and destroy.... but I dont believe that God is overwhelmed by 8 billion of us driving SUVs.

More the problem of huge corporations/politicians or anyone else that has turned "going green" profitable that buy carbon credits, destroy as they see fit and pretend like if we all dont drive cars with engines so small they cant even get out of their own ways.... WE are the problem... but..... Im just a bull so what do I know?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it were.... would that justify the genocide it would take to get us to those nunbers?

That question, whatever your beliefs are, make such a question about numbers irrelevant.
Either:
1) It isnt justified culling the population... to which case... you wont reach those nunbers.

2) You believe its justified to annihilate X amount of people and thereby forfeit your right to be classified as human for you are lacking in humanity.... so IF the world is full of the same like minded individuals, this world isnt worth saving anyway.

I tend to believe that the Earth is fine (at any level the average person can effect) , sure... we humans are perfectionists in our ability to kill and destroy.... but I dont believe that God is overwhelmed by 8 billion of us driving SUVs.

More the problem of huge corporations that buy carbon credits, destroy as they see fit and pretend like if we all dont drive cars with engines so small they cant even get out of their own ways.... WE are the problem... but..... Im just a bull so what do I know?

So you are one of those people who don't believe in depopulation measures to save the earth? Or how about unselfishly giving up all your property to the rich while moving off of all green lands so that all the green things can recover themselves (before the Angels burn the same) while we all make a "Save the earth" pac as we are shipped into designated mega cities to be stacked up together like a bunch of sardines?

Well don't worry I am not one of those either ^_^

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are one of those people who don't believe in depopulation measures to save the earth? Or how about unselfishly giving up all your property to the rich while moving off of all green lands so that all the green things can recover themselves (before the Angels burn the same) while we all make a "Save the earth" pac as we are shipped into designated mega cities to be stacked up together like a bunch of sardines?

Well don't worry I am not one of those either ^_^
The all encompassing "they" lost me when they told me "You'll eat less meat and be happy".

the-funny-animals-12-.jpg

As a cannibull.... a world without tacos and burgers is a world without a soul.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The all encompassing "they" lost me when they told me "You'll eat less meat and be happy".

View attachment 298118

As a cannibull.... a world without tacos and burgers is a world without a soul.

Yeah while they feast on filet mignot sipping on margaritas while flying around on their gas guzzling private jets lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What about applying not committing adultery ( Exodus 20:14, Deuteronomy 5:18) as a preaching against overpopulation & saving resources? I wonder if that was a basic necessity for a people who were wandering in a desert for 40 years ( Exodus 16:35 etc.). The Lord God seems to instruct the Israelites to ration their resources in regards to manna bread in Exodus 16. There is no basis for abortion or birth control to be applied here. I am referring this to the context of preaching & converting people by faith within a larger society not establishing as secular law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"…THERE AREN'T ENOUGH TREES TO OFFSET SOCIETY’S CARBON EMISSIONS — AND THERE NEVER WILL BE."

Carbon Cycle
Anyone who’s taken a science class has probably learned that burning things puts carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, while plants swap it out for oxygen. So it’s not surprising that so many plans and corporate pledges to help reduce the ravages of climate change involve planting more and more trees.

That’s great, and reforestation in areas where tree cover has been removed will only accomplish good things for the planet. But unfortunately, according to new research, it can never be enough to actually make up for all the harm that humanity is doing to the world.

“But the fact is that there aren’t enough trees to offset society’s carbon emissions — and there never will be,” Imperial College London climate change and environment lecturer Bonnie Waring wrote in The Conversation.

Net Loss

Continued below.
Covering the Planet in Forests Still Wouldn’t Stop Climate Change
The first lie was that we are in a state of global warming. Plenty of universities jumped on the money wagon trying to prove that first lie. As I recall, the Russians were saying the opposite. Since the global ice pack has tripled, there is more frozen water than melted ice by a significant margin. I spent a fair part of my career working with energy and I can assure you that man can’t fix a broken earth. Stop worrying about the climate perhaps.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The first lie was that we are in a state of global warming. Plenty of universities jumped on the money wagon trying to prove that first lie. As I recall, the Russians were saying the opposite. Since the global ice pack has tripled, there is more frozen water than melted ice by a significant margin. I spent a fair part of my career working with energy and I can assure you that man can’t fix a broken earth. Stop worrying about the climate perhaps.
Hello @lsume,

Revelation 21:1 assures us of a new heaven and a new earth, for the old had 'fled away' (Revelation 20:11). That will be God's answer it would seem.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @lsume,

Revelation 21:1 assures us of a new heaven and a new earth, for the old had 'fled away' (Revelation 20:11). That will be God's answer it would seem.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Perhaps. The Good Lord is The only One who can fix man and earth.

Upvote 0