Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,241.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Several years ago a guest speaker came to my other church, Grace Chapel, for our annual missionary convention. She gave an absolutely mind-blowing teaching! It had to do with covenant. When we get saved we enter into a covenant with God. Most Christians do not understand covenant, with the exception of the Israelites, they tend to understand this. When we enter into covenant with God we enter under God's "roof", His shelter of protection, and He is obligated to protect us, it is non-negotiable, He must protect us and anyone that curses us is automatically cursed and anyone that blesses us is automatically blessed. Another thing that I discovered, there is a seven-fold curse for breaking God's covenant, this is also automatic and must happen. There is a scripture in the bible that explains this- Judges 19:24.
"Here, take my virgin daughter and this man’s concubine. I will bring them out to you, and you can abuse them and do whatever you like. But don’t do such a shameful thing to this man.”-Judges 19:24.
There was a man who came into the master of this house and entered into covenant with him and came under his covenant protection, he was obligated to do anything to protect him, he was even willing to give up his virgin daughter and the concubine to be abused rather than break covenant and let this man be harmed. What happened to this man's daughter and concubine was a horrible, abominable thing and I am sure the master of the house was horrified at the thought of it, but his covenant protection could not be broken, this explains covenant. We are also under God's covenant protection and He MUST protect us!

Reactions: HARK!

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Several years ago a guest speaker came to my other church, Grace Chapel, for our annual missionary convention. She gave an absolutely mind-blowing teaching! It had to do with covenant. When we get saved we enter into a covenant with God. Most Christians do not understand covenant, with the exception of the Israelites, they tend to understand this. When we enter into covenant with God we enter under God's "roof", His shelter of protection, and He is obligated to protect us, it is non-negotiable, He must protect us and anyone that curses us is automatically cursed and anyone that blesses us is automatically blessed. Another thing that I discovered, there is a seven-fold curse for breaking God's covenant, this is also automatic and must happen. There is a scripture in the bible that explains this- Judges 19:24.
"Here, take my virgin daughter and this man’s concubine. I will bring them out to you, and you can abuse them and do whatever you like. But don’t do such a shameful thing to this man.”-Judges 19:24.
There was a man who came into the master of this house and entered into covenant with him and came under his covenant protection, he was obligated to do anything to protect him, he was even willing to give up his virgin daughter and the concubine to be abused rather than break covenant and let this man be harmed. What happened to this man's daughter and concubine was a horrible, abominable thing and I am sure the master of the house was horrified at the thought of it, but his covenant protection could not be broken, this explains covenant. We are also under God's covenant protection and He MUST protect us!
Hello Dave. I agree we are under His Covenant and it is the "New Covenant" established by His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Christ made a promise about His Covenant , we will have everlasting life in the Kingdom of God. He also said that we would be hated and persecuted for believing in Him. No where in the Gospel does Christ tell us that He is obligated to protect or cast a curse on those who persecute us. This teacher teaches the Old Covenant. I hope this makes sense. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I just released a thread which strongly relates to this subject yesterday:

YHWH's Table (Part 8A)

The Passover pertains to a threshold covenant.

(CLV) 1Co 5:7
Clean out, then, the old leaven, that you may be a fresh kneading, according as you are unleavened. For our Passover also, Christ, was sacrificed for our sakes

(CLV) Jn 10:7
Jesus, then, said to them again, "Verily, verily, I am saying to you that I am the Door of the sheep.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I just released a thread which strongly relates to this subject yesterday:

YHWH's Table (Part 8A)

The Passover pertains to a threshold covenant.

(CLV) 1Co 5:7
Clean out, then, the old leaven, that you may be a fresh kneading, according as you are unleavened. For our Passover also, Christ, was sacrificed for our sakes

(CLV) Jn 10:7
Jesus, then, said to them again, "Verily, verily, I am saying to you that I am the Door of the sheep.
I do not know about a threshold covenant but ok. Which covenant is the threshold covenant?
My understanding of the scriptures is that....
Passover as a sacrifice, is by the covenant/s made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Ex 2:24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
Ex 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

Unleavened bread is a memorial feast to memorialize the fulfilment of the covenant promises made with their fathers. All In Christ Jesus also remember the fulfilment as children of promise in covenant with Abraham.
Ex 12:14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My understanding of the scriptures is that....
Passover as a sacrifice, is by the covenant/s made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Ex 2:24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
Ex 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

That's an interesting point. The Passover covenant came through previous covenants.

If you follow the link; it should shed some light on threshold covenants, and how they relate to Passover.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's an interesting point. The Passover covenant came through previous covenants.
The passover covenant? The covenant of circumcision is where the passover sacrifice came from.
Ex 4:26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.
Joh 7:22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
Memorial feast...By ordinance
Ex 12:14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.
Ex 12:43 And the LORD said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof:
Ex 12:48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don’t remember the daughter, only the concubine, being abused.

Upvote 0