Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason is that Satan also was not to understand that the messiah after being killed would rise again on the third day.

When Satan saw the spike driven into Christ's heel he should have gotten really worried that he was in deep trouble.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

See the link below.

Heel bone of crucified man
In a stone box, the only trace of crucifixion

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason is that Satan also was not to understand that the messiah after being killed would rise again on the third day.

Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Satan thought by killing the King of the Kingdom of God, he could avoid the destruction of his own kingdom that was impacting the nations and the affairs of man. And also Satan didn't comprehend that Jesus's death on the cross would free man from the power of sin that had over man to be eternally separated from God.

If you review again the opening of 1Corinthians1-2, Paul is saying about the cross being foolishness to
to them who perish (1Corinthians1:18). And how God had made foolish the wisdom of this world (1Corinthians1:20).

1Corinthians2:

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

So it was intentionally kept secret the understanding of how the plan of Salvation would be carried out.

In Daniel 9, it prophesies about the coming of the messiah, and his being cutoff. But it does not mention the messiah coming back to life. That omission was done in part to keep Satan in the dark.

Knowing that Satan was trying to preserve his own kingdom in his part to have Jesus put to death, gives further understanding to Revelation when the 7th trumpet sounds, the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and His Christ, in Revelation 11:15 what it implicates.

It is at that point that God begins dismantling Satan's mystical kingdom called Babylon the Great, starting by crashing it down to earth from the heavenlies (the second heaven), and then dismantling it piece by piece - until it is completely destroyed at Jesus's Second Coming.

Jesus resurrection from the dead was not a mystery to Satan.

Israel rejection of their Messiah Jesus was not a mystery to Satan.

What was a mystery to Satan was that, thru that rejection and the fall of Israel, God is able to use the cross to reconcile the entire world to him (Ephesians 2 and Ephesians 3).

If Satan knew that mystery, he would have fought hard to prevent that crucifixion from happening.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus disagrees with you, from the Scripture and other evidence that I've cited and presented.

Thank you for the replies and discussion.

The Jesus of the Bible doesn't disagree with HIS Own Word's that I posted, and you ignored. Your religious philosophy disagrees with me, the Jesus of the Bible is clear that HIS People are to wait, with Patience, for a Prophesied event which has yet to be fulfilled.

I am tasked with believing HIM and warned of the religious philosophies of men. I hope you might consider.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus resurrection from the dead was not a mystery to Satan.
Based on what?

When Jesus was tempted by Satan in the wilderness, one of the things Satan tried to do was to get Jesus to kill himself by jumping off of a high place.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Jesus of the Bible doesn't disagree with HIS Own Word's that I posted, and you ignored. Your religious philosophy disagrees with me, the Jesus of the Bible is clear that HIS People are to wait, with Patience, for a Prophesied event which has yet to be fulfilled.

I am tasked with believing HIM and warned of the religious philosophies of men. I hope you might consider.

The philosophies and realities of Jesus:

Luke 18
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Luke 24
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Your turn.

Scriptures where Jesus declares:

...not all things...shall be accomplished...
...not all things must be fulfilled...

Awaiting.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Law and Prophets Prophesy of HIS Second Coming. The NT just reminds us that these Prophesies have not yet been fulfilled. Feast of Trumpets is one such shadow of things yet to come.

Jesus of the Bible is clear that HIS People are to wait, with Patience, for a Prophesied event which has yet to be fulfilled.

Go ahead and give us your full list for us to work with. And inform us of who you believe are "His people" that are to be waiting.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Go ahead and give us your full list for us to work with. And inform us of who you believe are "His people" that are to be waiting.

You can read the Holy Scriptures for yourself. Only be careful not to just omit the scriptures which doesn't fit your religious philosophy, like the Mainstream Preachers of Jesus time did. It cost them there salvation.

Remember what Paul teaches.

Rom. 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

It's all about the path we walk, as Paul tells us.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (For we know the Law of God is Spiritual)

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

When you find out, and then believe who the Bible says is the Spirit of Life that was in Christ Jesus, then you will know what Law Paul is speaking about. AS he says;

Rom. 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

THEREFORE!!!!!

Rom.. 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can read the Holy Scriptures for yourself. Only be careful not to just omit the scriptures which doesn't fit your religious philosophy, like the Mainstream Preachers of Jesus time did. It cost them there salvation.

Remember what Paul teaches.

Rom. 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

It's all about the path we walk, as Paul tells us.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (For we know the Law of God is Spiritual)

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

When you find out, and then believe who the Bible says is the Spirit of Life that was in Christ Jesus, then you will know what Law Paul is speaking about. AS he says;

Rom. 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

THEREFORE!!!!!

Rom.. 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Those are all great NT Scriptures. But they hadn't been written yet. So they weren't what Christ was referring to.

Luke 24
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You can read the Holy Scriptures for yourself.
I have....but im not asking you about what the Bible says....I'm asking about your interpretation.

I'm specifically asking for biblical support of this assertion:

Studyman said:
Jesus of the Bible is clear that HIS People are to wait, with Patience, for a Prophesied event which has yet to be fulfilled.
......which amounts to nothing more than just "words of religious men" which you've advised against just believing without proof or confirmation from the Bible. IOW....I'm following your advice in asking for biblical support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Studyman said:
I thought the "Passover" was an event, Prophesied by the Word's of a Book which claims to be the Inspired "Word of God", Prophesied by the Word's of a Book which claims to be the Inspired "Word of God"

Passover is a feast on the ancient Hebrew calendar:

View attachment 285008

I will start a new thread on this and will edit with link.

ETA link to new thread-----> Old Covenant Feasts
I just wanted to bump this up to show the link.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on what?

When Jesus was tempted by Satan in the wilderness, one of the things Satan tried to do was to get Jesus to kill himself by jumping off of a high place.

The point of that temptation is like Eve, once Jesus do that, he would have tested God, and that would be a sin.

Do you really think Satan do not think God has the power to raise his Son from the dead?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The point of that temptation is like Eve, once Jesus do that, he would have tested God, and that would be a sin.

Do you really think Satan do not think God has the power to raise his Son from the dead?
Since the bible in Daniel 12:2 speaks of the resurrection of the dead, it there for everyone to know God's power.

However, if you look at Daniel 9, it speaks about the messiah cutoff. But does not speak about the resurrection of the messiah three days later in Daniel 9.

The question to you is - Satan's intent was to have the messiah killed, proved so by Satan entering Judas to betray Jesus to hand him over to them who wanted Jesus put to death, to what end would it have been Satan's motivation, if not preservation of his own kingdom?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since the bible in Daniel 12:2 speaks of the resurrection of the dead, it there for everyone to know God's power.

However, if you look at Daniel 9, it speaks about the messiah cutoff. But does not speak about the resurrection of the messiah three days later in Daniel 9.

The question to you is - Satan's intent was to have the messiah killed, proved so by Satan entering Judas to betray Jesus to hand him over to them who wanted Jesus put to death, to what end would it have been Satan's motivation, if not preservation of his own kingdom?

Satan was fairly confident that Israel as a nation would reject their Messiah, even after his resurrection. He knew how stubborn they were ever, since the OT.

Thus he was confident that Israel would join the rest of us gentiles, who already excluded from the covenant of God since the tower of Babel.

The sum total is that Satan expected the whole world to be rejected by God.

But what took him by surprise was the mystery that was hidden in God since the foundation of the world (Ephesians 3:9).

As Paul would reveal clearly in Romans 11:11, thru Israel the nation fall, now the entire gentile world would have a chance to be reconciled with God and be saved thru that fall.

That was the mystery of Christ that Paul took great pains to explain to us, from Romans to Philemon.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Satan was fairly confident that Israel as a nation would reject their Messiah, even after his resurrection. He knew how stubborn they were ever, since the OT.

Thus he was confident that Israel would join the rest of us gentiles, who already excluded from the covenant of God since the tower of Babel.

The sum total is that Satan expected the whole world to be rejected by God.

But what took him by surprise was the mystery that was hidden in God since the foundation of the world (Ephesians 3:9).

As Paul would reveal clearly in Romans 11:11, thru Israel the nation fall, now the entire gentile world would have a chance to be reconciled with God and be saved thru that fall.

That was the mystery of Christ that Paul took great pains to explain to us, from Romans to Philemon.
You are overlooking that Jesus sent the disciples out to preach the Kingdom of God was at hand. And Jesus Himself went at lengths to preach about the Kingdom of God. Which would mean the demise of Satan's kingdom.

The motivation for Satan to have the king of the Kingdom of God killed - was preservation of his own kingdom.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are overlooking that Jesus sent the disciples out to preach the Kingdom of God was at hand. And Jesus Himself went at lengths to preach about the Kingdom of God. Which would mean the demise of Satan's kingdom.

The motivation for Satan to have the king of the Kingdom of God killed - was preservation of his own kingdom.

I was not. As I said, Satan knew the stubbornness of Israel, after all, he witnessed how Israel kept rejecting God's covenant during the OT, leading to the kingdom split after Solomon.

So he could easily tell Israel would reject Jesus as their Messiah and promised King. Once they reject, the Kingdom of God would not come to Earth, as promised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was not. As I said, Satan knew the stubbornness of Israel, after all, he witnessed how Israel kept rejecting God's covenant during the OT, leading to the kingdom split after Solomon.

So he could easily tell Israel would reject Jesus as their Messiah and promised King. Once they reject, the Kingdom of God would not come to Earth, as promised.
But Satan had a direct hand in the killing of the messiah. He was not just an onlooker. That the pharisees were intent on killing Jesus, Jesus referred to Satan in John 8:44.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Satan had a direct hand in the killing of the messiah. He was not just an onlooker. That the pharisees were intent on killing Jesus, Jesus referred to Satan in John 8:44.

Yes, so as I said, what he did not expect was that the Cross provided a way for all the gentile nations to be reconciled with God, thru the fall of Israel.

If he knew this, he would not have, as you said, directly crucified the messiah, as Paul stated in 1 Corinthians 2

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the Cross provided a way for all the gentile nations to be reconciled with God, thru the fall of Israel.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (Quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34.)
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have....but im not asking you about what the Bible says....I'm asking about your interpretation.

I'm specifically asking for biblical support of this assertion:

......which amounts to nothing more than just "words of religious men" which you've advised against just believing without proof or confirmation from the Bible. IOW....I'm following your advice in asking for biblical support.

I am glad to show you the Holy Scriptures which show that "ALL" has not yet been fulfilled, and that the Christ's People are still waiting, with patience, for a Prophesied event.

Rom. 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

1 Cor. 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

A day that has yet to be fulfilled.

1 Cor. 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But the Christ of the Bible's people are still waiting for HIM to bring us into this land. We have "HOPE" that HE will come, we have "FAITH" that what HE promises we "Shall" receive.

But this Prophesied event has not yet been fulfilled.

1 Thess. 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

1 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Waiting for a prophesy regarding the Christ Jesus, that is not yet been fulfilled.

2 Thess. 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

So my statement

"Jesus of the Bible is clear that HIS People are to wait, with Patience, for a Prophesied event which has yet to be fulfilled."

Is not based on the words of Calvin or Pink or some "other voice" or famous religious philosopher. My statement was based on the Word's which claim to be inspired by the Holy Spirit of Christ Himself, as you can read for yourself.

Sadly, it is highly doubtful you will be moved or affected by these Scriptures in the least. For much of modern religious philosophy to survive, God's entire Law and Prophets has to be gone, has to be obsolete. For this popular religious philosophy to continue, men must promote the doctrine that "ALL" has already been fulfilled on Calvary. Then religious man can use Matt. 5 as support for rejecting God's definition of righteousness, and go about creating their own.

But when a person closes their ears to the other voices in the garden, and commutes with God's Word one on one, a different Gospel emerges. One supported by "Every Word which proceeds from the mouth of God", not just a select few scriptures taken out of context, while omitting the rest..

That is all I'm saying. Don't follow me, I am a nobody. Trust in the God of the Bible. Don't omit scriptures which expose a religious philosophy as false. Embrace them, be corrected by them, build doctrine from them. For they, not religions of the land, hold the only true instruction in righteousness, without which none of us shall ever "See" the Lord.

At least according to the Word's inspired by the Christ of the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to bump this up to show the link.

I disagree with your assertion that Passover is just a Feast shown on an ancient Jewish calendar. Here is one reason why.

1 Cor. 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

This was more that 14 years after "many" preachers who come in Jesus name, preach Jesus "fulfilled all things", therefore causing the Law and Prophets to pass.

Yet, Paul, living in, and teaching Gentiles in the New Covenant of Christ, is still promoting the Feasts of the Christ.

I would ask you a question.

Did Paul let any man judge him, or the Gentiles He instructed, in their "keeping of the Feast"?

Did Paul let religious men and their philosophies "beguile him of his reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels"? Religious Man who were "intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,"?

Why did Paul still recognize this Feast? Is it possible that God wrote HIS LAWS on Paul's mind?

What if all the warnings of the Christ of the Bible, regarding the dangers of listening to, and being deceived by, "Many" who come in His Name", are true?

Food for thought.

Upvote 0