TrueLuv: Jesus died-4-U Knowing you may not care
Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
are there any other sites that would allow them to date other gay Christians? I dunno
There are gay dating sites. What this is is an activist movement intending to violate Christian principles and basically mocking the faith while bringing all that the scriptures calls sin right into their face.

It's not about equality. It is about assault on a community that does not condone sin.

Upvote 0

cephus617

Jul 9, 2016
Michigan
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is it that some LGBT people claim to be christians when the Bible clearly condemns their lifestyle? It makes no sense.

would you rather they didn't and just totally gave up on repenting? Do you feel this way about kim davis, who is in her 3rd-4th marriage?

Upvote 0

cephus617

Jul 9, 2016
Michigan
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's not about equality. It is about assault on a community that does not condone sin.

well as was mentioned some 60% of Catholics condone gay marriage, so what you've just stated is your own opinion. I do not agree with forcing the site owners to errr...i guess the word is 'enable' what they view to be a sin, but it seems you're making a separate argument

Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well as was mentioned some 60% of Catholics condone gay marriage, so what you've just stated is your own opinion. I do not agree with forcing the site owners to errr...i guess the word is 'enable' what they view to be a sin, but it seems you're making a separate argument
And as my comments state the matter is Christianity and the word of God.
When the Catholic church condones gay marriage that is the option of the Catholic church. As a Christian, until God's word has a passage that says God condones homosexual's marrying under his covenant then his word stands eternal. Because God created marriage between one man and one woman. There is no passage wherein God says marriage is marriage between one man and one man. Or one woman and one woman.
That marriage is the marriage the world instituted under edict of the SCOTUS.

My remarks concerned God's will and word. Not the world's or that of SCOTUS. Which is why I suggested it is time Christians separate God's ordinance concerning his marriage covenant from that of the world.

Upvote 0

cephus617

Jul 9, 2016
Michigan
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I watched a video of people going into Muslim bakeries requesting a cake for a gay wedding. The Muslim bakeries of course refused to sell it but no one on the left seemed to care which gave me the impression that gay rights has more to do with opposing Christianity than supporting homosexuality.

hmm, i dunno then, thanks for bringing that my attention. The only thing i could speculate is muslims are a far smaller minority, so you won't see the ACLU going after them. I also think 'the left' who you see in the media do not represent their own voters well. They defend muslims because 90% of muslims vote dem, but most dem voters want to block muslim immigration. The 'big tent' for minorities is the problem, but that's just a theory

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And as my comments state the matter is Christianity and the word of God.
When the Catholic church condones gay marriage that is the option of the Catholic church. As a Christian, until God's word has a passage that says God condones homosexual's marrying under his covenant then his word stands eternal. Because God created marriage between one man and one woman. There is no passage wherein God says marriage is marriage between one man and one man. Or one woman and one woman.
That marriage is the marriage the world instituted under edict of the SCOTUS.

My remarks concerned God's will and word. Not the world's or that of SCOTUS. Which is why I suggested it is time Christians separate God's ordinance concerning his marriage covenant from that of the world.

And just how would they do that? It is "the world", i.e., the US government in this case, that determines what marriage means legally (not morally). If Christians are living under the authority of the US government, as the earliest Christians lived under the Roman government, then they are obligated to follow the laws. I'm certain that most, if not all Christians, obeyed the laws of their society (as Paul told them to do), and we should do the same. Even though homosexuality, lesbianism, prostitution, etc. were the norm in Roman society, there was no movement to hamper any of that behavior outside of the church. In fact I find nothing in the New Testament about Christians of the time trying to alter the society that they lived in, other than persuading them to repent and join the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And just how would they do that? It is "the world", i.e., the US government in this case, that determines what marriage means legally (not morally). If Christians are living under the authority of the US government, as the earliest Christians lived under the Roman government, then they are obligated to follow the laws. I'm certain that most, if not all Christians, obeyed the laws of their society (as Paul told them to do), and we should do the same. Even though homosexuality, lesbianism, prostitution, etc. were the norm in Roman society, there was no movement to hamper any of that behavior outside of the church. In fact I find nothing in the New Testament about Christians of the time trying to alter the society that they lived in, other than persuading them to repent and join the church.

Are you aware of Genesis 2:18-25? And Jesus commandment in Mark 12:17 ? As well as that which is written in Mark 10:6-9?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you aware of Genesis 2:18-25? And Jesus commandment in Mark 12:17 ? As well as that which is written in Mark 10:6-9?

No I guess that I missed those verses. 8^) What point are you trying to make by quoting select verses out-of-context?

As a practice I read God's word in context trying as much as possible to determine to whom the words were written and under what circumstances, before I determine their meaning and relevance to society today. I suggest that you do the same.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I don't see anywhere in scripture where God's word tells Christians to go against civil authority.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is no passage wherein God says marriage is marriage between one man and one man. Or one woman and one woman.

You are correct there is no passage that states one man and one man, However there is a passage that prohibits it
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Reactions: Circle Christ
Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I guess that I missed those verses. 8^) What point are you trying to make by quoting select verses out-of-context?

As a practice I read God's word in context trying as much as possible to determine to whom the words were written and under what circumstances, before I determine their meaning and relevance to society today. I suggest that you do the same.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I don't see anywhere in scripture where God's word tells Christians to go against civil authority.
Then you should familiarize yourself with Acts 5:29.

Those verses aren't out of context. They're to the point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You are correct there is no passage that states one man and one man, However there is a passage that prohibits it
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Why are you equating marriage with sex? There is a huge difference between the two.

And why are you applying Old Testament law to people to whom it wasn't written? Leviticus was an extensive set of laws that was written for the Jews, not anyone else. If you apply the law then you must apply all of it, correctly, to the people to whom it was written. Jesus is the -> end <- of the law for those who accept Christ. We are no longer under the old covenant. The Levitical law as never written for the non-Jews, i.e., the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are you equating marriage with sex? There is a huge difference between the two.

And why are you applying Old Testament law to people to whom it wasn't written? Leviticus was an extensive set of laws that was written for the Jews, not anyone else. If you apply the law then you must apply all of it, correctly, to the people to whom it was written. Jesus is the -> end <- of the law for those who accept Christ. We are no longer under the old covenant. The Levitical law as never written for the non-Jews, i.e., the Gentiles.
Why are you defending what God called an abomination? And what the new testament states is an immoral sin that guarantees the unrepentant shall not enter Heaven?

By the way, God's moral laws, the 10 commandments , are in the old testament. And Jesus reiterated them in the new. There is no Jew, Gentile, Greek, as a Christian. We are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then you should familiarize yourself with Acts 5:29.

Those verses aren't out of context. They're to the point.

I am already familiar with Acts 5:29. Again you are taking a single verse -- there were no verses in the early manuscripts -- out of context. Peter, a Jew, was arguing with the Sanhedrin after he was released from prison. He was telling them he was compelled to preach the gospel by God and wasn't going to obey their command to be silent.

Again, you are "cherry picking" verses from both Testaments to prove something -- I'm not sure what -- about the legality of same-sex marriage in the United States thousands of years after those verses were written to vastly different cultures than our own.

BTW, In Acts 5 it says not to preach in the name of Jesus Christ. Are you violating God's word by doing so? After all, it's in the Bible.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why are you defending what God called an abomination? And what the new testament states is an immoral sin that guarantees the unrepentant shall not enter Heaven?

By the way, God's moral laws, the 10 commandments , are in the old testament. And Jesus reiterated them in the new. There is no Jew, Gentile, Greek, as a Christian. We are all one in Christ Jesus.

You're not making any sense.

1) I'm defending what God called an abomination? I'm saying that I will obey the law of the land, which permits people of the same gender to legally marry. Why are you disobeying the authorities? Here is what Paul wrote to the church in Rome: "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

2) Where did Jesus reiterate the ten commandments in the New Testament? Jesus is the end of the law for those who believe. He has fulfilled all the requirements and set free those who were (and are) imprisoned by it.

3) You misquoted when you said "There is no Jew, Gentile, Greek, as a Christian". (Greeks are Gentiles!) If you're referring to Galatians 3:28, it says "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." In other words, what gender you are is irrelevant in the church. Think about that!!

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The Bible is the word of God, the old and the new testaments.
Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You appear to have overlooked a few versus in the bible one being;
1 Corinthians 10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

This verse states that Jesus was with the Israelite's during the exodus from captivity. There were no Jews at this time so how could those laws be for the Jews?

So who do you suppose it was that spoke to Moses on the mount and gave him four sets of laws for his people?
By the way only one set of those laws could be fulfilled.

Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am already familiar with Acts 5:29. Again you are taking a single verse -- there were no verses in the early manuscripts -- out of context. Peter, a Jew, was arguing with the Sanhedrin after he was released from prison. He was telling them he was compelled to preach the gospel by God and wasn't going to obey their command to be silent.

Again, you are "cherry picking" verses from both Testaments to prove something -- I'm not sure what -- about the legality of same-sex marriage in the United States thousands of years after those verses were written to vastly different cultures than our own.

BTW, In Acts 5 it says not to preach in the name of Jesus Christ. Are you violating God's word by doing so? After all, it's in the Bible.
What a tragedy. You misrepresent the scriptures then accuse others who post verses pertaining exactly to the context of this thread topic. Marriage between one man and one woman as God's will and design.
All to defend homosexual marriage , which is an abomination , because you're unaware that the old testament that you dismiss are the words of the God that is Jesus Christ in the new testament. And there in that new covenant he made with the world he reiterated what he said about homosexuality. That sexual immorality of any kind left unrepentant shall prohibit the sinner from entering into the Kingdom of Heaven.
And that is how it is.

What does God say about those who call evil good and good evil? Perhaps you should find out and then stop.

You're not making any sense.

1) I'm defending what God called an abomination?
Yes. And it is a tragedy. Because you defend the worlds institution that is State licensed marriage of homosexuals. And then imagine Christians should not only be OK with that. But should be party to it. Because in your opinion we are not to oppose those civil authorities.

But we are to obey God not man when it comes to such matters. You're accusing people of cherry picking verses , which isn't true. While you're skipping those verses that prove your entire argument in error.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You are indicating that the old covenant is the Levitical Law and I assume that you are under the new covenant spoken of by Jesus;
Mark 12:29-31King James Version (KJV)
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Jesus said:John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

The first four commandments is how we love Jesus. The last six are how we love our neighbor. So the only way this is a new covenant is that the Jewish nation at the time of Christ had perverted the first four commandments by inserting many "laws" and traditions that are not in God's Teaching and adopting Greek Mythology.
Matthew 21:12
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

They did not love their neighbors as we are told;
Acts 10:28
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is anunlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

The way this is a new covenant is where if is written according to Jesus:
Hebrews 8:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

So God's laws are still in effect for his people. Therefore the opposite must be true. Those that have not his laws are not his people.

Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
would you rather they didn't and just totally gave up on repenting? Do you feel this way about kim davis, who is in her 3rd-4th marriage?
Red herring. Non-Sequitur.
Kim Davis has not a thing to do with this thread.

If you study Christianity and the principles of our faith you'll find that the life one had before they were saved no longer matters. Because all sins are covered under the blood of Jesus. And God remembers those sins no more. Just so as to stop your pursuit of the off topic Mrs. Davis, she is married now. And she is a Christian. Which means those prior marriages are part of her past prior to her repentance and coming to the Lord. God remembers her sins no more. Therefore , her past marriages are not sins. And her present marriage occurred when she was a Christian.

Upvote 0