Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“My fight for justice and equality has brought us here today to change a law that makes me think I shouldn’t have been born.”

LONDON — The High Court in London rejected on Thursday a landmark challenge to a U.K. law allowing abortion up to birth for disability.

In its Sept. 23 ruling, the court declared that a law allowing abortion up to birth for disability was not discriminatory.

The challenge was brought by Heidi Crowter, a woman with Down syndrome, and Máire Lea-Wilson, a mother whose son has Down syndrome.

Speaking after the verdict, Crowter, a 26-year-old from Coventry, in central England, said: “I‘m really upset not to win, but the fight is not over. The judges might not think it discriminates against me but I’m telling you that I do feel discriminated against.”

Continued below.
Court Rejects Challenge to UK’s Down Syndrome Abortion Law

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“My fight for justice and equality has brought us here today to change a law that makes me think I shouldn’t have been born.”

LONDON — The High Court in London rejected on Thursday a landmark challenge to a U.K. law allowing abortion up to birth for disability.

In its Sept. 23 ruling, the court declared that a law allowing abortion up to birth for disability was not discriminatory.

The challenge was brought by Heidi Crowter, a woman with Down syndrome, and Máire Lea-Wilson, a mother whose son has Down syndrome.

Speaking after the verdict, Crowter, a 26-year-old from Coventry, in central England, said: “I‘m really upset not to win, but the fight is not over. The judges might not think it discriminates against me but I’m telling you that I do feel discriminated against.”

Continued below.
Court Rejects Challenge to UK’s Down Syndrome Abortion Law
Quote from another article on the same web page.
If the baby has a disability, including Down’s syndrome, cleft lip and club foot, abortion in the U.K. is legal up to birth.

This is so wrong! :( :mad:

Upvote 0