Court allows Ohio to defund Planned Parenthood

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
an AR-15, a long gun, is actually permissible to carry openly in most states: Open carry in the United States - Wikipedia

Sorry, OT, but wanted to address the facts.

I stand corrected, and I thank you for it.

Ban abortion after heart beat is detected!

I personally think lung development should be the cut off point... 22-23 weeks is the bare minimum that they could survive outside the womb, anyway...

Of course, I also think cases of rape, incest, or the health of the mother should be given special consideration...

But on top of all that, seeing as how it's not my body and I will never have to be in a position to make this decision, but have known several women who did (for the record, not through any action on my part), I think my opinion on the matter us more or less academic, and none of my darn business.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and under those laws, guns are legal. We currently have abortion laws, and under those laws, abortion is legal.

In both cases, there are reasonable limitations... you can't legally walk down the street with an AR-15 slung over your shoulder without a permit (in most states), and you can't legally perform an abortion without a medical license (in any state).

There are people on both sides of the political spectrum looking to restrict these legal rights... for the most part, those seeking to restrict guns fail... the anti abortion advocates enjoy greater success.

I know you are desperate to make the comparison, but there are multitudes of gun laws which make it more difficult to obtain guns. Let’s do the same thing with abortions.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Murder involves the deliberate act of killing a person. Abortion does not involve the deliberate act of killing a person. It is not murder.
Baby is alive in the womb. Doctor performs procedure. Baby is dead.

Seems intentional to me.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Could you clarify your use of the word "baby"? You are referring to a zygote, embryo, or fetus, correct?
Stages of development don’t change the fact that it’s still a human baby.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Murder involves the deliberate act of killing a person. Abortion does not involve the deliberate act of killing a person. It is not murder.

And that's a fundamental disagreement we have. It's more than common sense that abortion is intentionally killing a person.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
an AR-15, a long gun, is actually permissible to carry openly in most states: Open carry in the United States - Wikipedia

Sorry, OT, but wanted to address the facts. Ban abortion after heart beat is detected!
Why a heartbeat? Why is that the unique point when humanity begins? Is that when your church teaches that ensoulment takes place?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sadly. But at least you admit it’s a baby.

That’s always a good step.

I said no such thing.

PROTIP: Save the "gotcha!" statements for when you actually get someone. They're just sad otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I said no such thing.

PROTIP: Save the "gotcha!" statements for when you actually get someone. They're just sad otherwise.
Now you are just walking it back.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now you are just walking it back.

Walking what back?

"Gotcha!"s are pathetic even under ideal circumstances, but here,I didn't even say what you said I said.

If you can't make an honest argument, what exactly are you arguing for?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Walking what back?

"Gotcha!"s are pathetic even under ideal circumstances, but here,I didn't even say what you said I said.

If you can't make an honest argument, what exactly are you arguing for?
Okay. Stick with that.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why a heartbeat? Why is that the unique point when humanity begins? Is that when your church teaches that ensoulment takes place?

Honestly, I'd prefer we go conception, because I believe that's when life begins, but I'm trying to find a compromise in order to reduce the number of children killed by abortion doctors. As I've already stated, I'd also be willing to compromise on rape/incest w/ due process, and terminal babies <= 12 weeks. This doesn't mean I don't consider the others not murder, but the potential for success in advocating for heatbeat bills is higher than going conception, and we prolife folks can make a stronger case there. Yes, the ultimate goal is to have society see abortion, ALL abortion for what it is: the murder of innocent life, but we're not going to get there without compromises now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.