Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We treat unborn babies like property, to do with as the owner pleases.
I think it is far worse than that. For many, the unborn is regarded more like a parasite. One that is "leeching" the life out of the mother and may be removed like one does a tick. It is really sad and I am ashamed that there are so many Christians who support abortion despite the fact that there is so much scripture which specifically acknowledges the life in the womb to be just as precious as any other human life.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, the analogy does not hold: there are no “new properties” being foisted upon people for tasting of an apple tree there.

Sure there are. Masters bred slave babies so they didnt have to buy more, like a farmer breeds cows. Sounds pretty awfully IMO.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,973.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall any example where the government gave tax money to a religious organization for the sole purpose of proselytizing. Can you provide a reference of this happening?

No, since that was not a claim I made.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's not true. Crowder even did a hidden camera documentary for a late term abortion case where the mom changed her mind. It's on youtube if you're willing to check it out. In every case given for a 3rd trimester abortion, an emergency c-section would have saved the mom. The viability of the child's life was never guaranteed, but at least they'd be given a chance at life instead of none at all.

Slavery was such a political/public relations problem states succeed and went to war over it. Didn't make it any less evil or wrong. What was then a "state's rights issue [to own people]" is now a "woman's rights issue [to kill their unborn child]"

No one wants to control the sex lives of women. We just want mothers and fathers to take responsibility for their actions in a way that doesn't murder children. I'll keep saying this until I'm blue in the face, and it'll continue to either fall on deaf ears or be opposed some way; doesn't make that phrase any less true.

I'm pro-choice if the choices are:

1. Contraceptives.
2. Abstinence (yes, this is really an option, we make the choice to have sex 99.8% of the time).
3. Adoption.
4. Taking responsibility and being a mom and a dad.

So this isn't a matter of choices, it's a matter of abortion.

I am not convinced that you, or conservatives in general, believe abortion ist murder. You guys don't act like people who think that their government is allowing and supporting the right to kill millions of babies every year.

Conservatives always talk about how the great 2nd amendment is there so that the people can fight against a tyrannical government. You fight people in the middle east but for some reason you don't fight against the evil inside your own country?

You fought my country in WW2 because we were killing millions of jews and I am glad that you stopped us back then. But now you have the same situation in your own country but all you guys do is complain about it without actually doing anything.

There have been some people who shot up or bombed abortion clinics and I think that is terrible, but the one thing I have to applaud these people for is their logical consistency.
They are willing to risk their lives to stop evil people from killing innocent babies.

So I don't buy this whole "abortion=murder" thing because you guys don't act like people who are convinced that their country is facilitating the murder of millions of innocent babies.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Would you say that you would support legislation that would restrict abortions only to those which a medical official has determined that "the continuation of pregnancy threatens the life of the mother?"

Would you be in favor of legislation in which any woman who carries a baby to term not only gets welfare, but she also gets the opportunity cost of the baby. For instance, lets say her getting pregnant prevented her from getting (or keeping) a $40k per year job that had a career progression to $100k over 20 years. Would you be comfortable with your tax dollars paying her according to what she theoretically earned had she not have had the baby?

Same with a 18year old woman who is college bound, gets pregnant and will lose her scholarship which is her only means to attend the top ranked college she was accepted to? Graduates of this college earn 6 figures within 5 years of graduating. Would you be okay with the State paying her for 20 years according to the average of her peers?

Or would you dictate terms according to your personal moral beliefs about freedom, personal choice, and responsibility? The choices and situations you agree with, you will allow the individual to make their own choices with their body, but choices and situations in which you feel no empathy, you dictate how they will live their lives and what they will do with their bodies???

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just one life is worth it.
Right. So if all the legislation concerning gun control has saved a life, then defunding PP is a no-brained if it saves a life.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Right. So if all the legislation concerning gun control has saved a life, then defunding PP is a no-brained if it saves a life.

And since defunding PP legislation is approved, whereas gun legislation tends to die in the Senate, we all see which lives are more worth saving.

Meanwhile, Donald's budget -- in line with GOP wishes -- slashes funding for WIC... PROTIP: once you "save" a life, you need to feed it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not convinced that you, or conservatives in general, believe abortion ist murder. You guys don't act like people who think that their government is allowing and supporting the right to kill millions of babies every year.

It's at least manslaughter, but the definition of murder fits as well. These doctors know what they're doing. We only allow the lawful killing of people in very specific circumstances, abortion being one, self-defense being another, DNR yet another.

Conservatives always talk about how the great 2nd amendment is there so that the people can fight against a tyrannical government. You fight people in the middle east but for some reason you don't fight against the evil inside your own country?

I know...that's crazy. I am glad we pulled out of Syria and think we don't need to be in the business of policing the world

You fought my country in WW2 because we were killing millions of jews and I am glad that you stopped us back then. But now you have the same situation in your own country but all you guys do is complain about it without actually doing anything.

We're not in that situation at all unless you're considering abortion the equal to concentration camps....last I checked we're not gassing any ethic group as the Germans did.

There have been some people who shot up or bombed abortion clinics and I think that is terrible, but the one thing I have to applaud these people for is their logical consistency.
They are willing to risk their lives to stop evil people from killing innocent babies.

I think it's terrible too. It's what happens when someone nullifies the law in their own mind because they believe they're saving the lives of babies by killing those who would kill the babies. Unfortunately it hurts the prolife movement.

So I don't buy this whole "abortion=murder" thing because you guys don't act like people who are convinced that their country is facilitating the murder of millions of innocent babies.

I understand your thought there. Here's the difference: Most of us are law-abiding. If the law was on our side, we'd have ground to defend our belief that abortion is murder; but if we act on that belief to the full extent of it, we condemn ourselves, become law breakers, and lose our freedom to care for our families as a result. So we fight with the only weapons we have: law, logic, compassion, reason, and our voice.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's at least manslaughter, but the definition of murder fits as well. These doctors know what they're doing. We only allow the lawful killing of people in very specific circumstances, abortion being one, self-defense being another, DNR yet another.

You realize the contradiction here, right?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And since defunding PP legislation is approved, whereas gun legislation tends to die in the Senate, we all see which lives are more worth saving.

Meanwhile, Donald's budget -- in line with GOP wishes -- slashes funding for WIC... PROTIP: once you "save" a life, you need to feed it.
Do we currently have gun laws?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do we currently have gun laws?

Yes, and under those laws, guns are legal. We currently have abortion laws, and under those laws, abortion is legal.

In both cases, there are reasonable limitations... you can't legally walk down the street with an AR-15 slung over your shoulder without a permit (in most states), and you can't legally perform an abortion without a medical license (in any state).

There are people on both sides of the political spectrum looking to restrict these legal rights... for the most part, those seeking to restrict guns fail... the anti abortion advocates enjoy greater success.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, and under those laws, guns are legal. We currently have abortion laws, and under those laws, abortion is legal.

In both cases, there are reasonable limitations... you can't legally walk down the street with an AR-15 slung over your shoulder without a permit (in most states), and you can't legally perform an abortion without a medical license (in any state).

There are people on both sides of the political spectrum looking to restrict these legal rights... for the most part, those seeking to restrict guns fail... the anti abortion advocates enjoy greater success.

an AR-15, a long gun, is actually permissible to carry openly in most states: Open carry in the United States - Wikipedia

Sorry, OT, but wanted to address the facts. Ban abortion after heart beat is detected!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.