Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's also bad news for women who rely on Planned Parenthood for reproductive health services other than abortion--the majority of their customers.
What do they need that can’t be obtained elsewhere?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Nothing, at more expense and inconvenience. It just seems a shame that they have to put up with it for nothing but sectarian religious reasons.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And might i just say it one mo' time!!

AMEN!!!!

Praise God!!!

(Don't get me started)

hahaaa
So what's next? Suppose we gave you abortion and threw in the gay marriage as a lagniappe? What would your next demand be?

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing, at more expense and inconvenience. It just seems a shame that they have to put up with it for nothing but sectarian religious reasons.
Imagine how religious people feel having to put up with things for secular reasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So what's next? Suppose we gave you abortion and threw in the gay marriage as a lagniappe? What would your next demand be?

i don't mean no harm, i'm just reacting to the exuberance of a brother in Christ. i found it delightful, and it prompted me to break-a-loose with praise, as i'm inclined to do.

No offense intended. (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not using taxpayers dollars for such a wretched thing.

Agreeable with my Bible.

I have been to Christian abortion recovery classes and they are heartbreaking for all involved.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Women's health care.

I can't tell you the number of women I know that had to go to PP to get their reproductive organs looked at, behind the back of their parents because their parents didn't want to think about it.

Or to get birth control, because they didn't know saying no to a guy was allowed.

Or just to get the pill to help control painful periods after their normal doctor ignored them.

Planned Parenthood does a lot more than just abortions, many of them help women from just getting pregnant before they are ready, or making sure they are in good health to be pregnant. Which is why they are call Planned Parenthood.

We need a place of inexpensive reproductive healthcare.

Why We All Need Planned Parenthood

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have come to believe that anti-abortionists are incapable of understanding the implications of these sorts of actions.

Here is some data.

abortion teen data.jpg

abortion-trends-graph.png

It has been scientifically and mathematically proven time and time again that Sex Education and the Proliferation of Contraceptives have been instrumental in lowering the abortion rate.

Anyone want to guess which organization is at the forefront of Sex Education and Proliferation of Contraceptives?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Would you be surprised to learn that Planned Parenthood is such an organization?

So I want the anti-abortionists to understand the implications of this decision.

The math, science, and data show conclusively and without any doubt whatsoever that Planned Parenthood and organizations like Planned Parenthood are the reason for the decline in the abortion rate.

So how is it in the interest of anti-abortionists to hurt any organization that is responsible for the decrease in the abortion rate?

This is an emotional victory, this is a thump your chest victory.... but it is not a victory for those who wish to lower the number of abortions in this country. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

Because of cut funding, X% of women will not get birth control meaning that Y% of them will get pregnant and Z% of them will have abortions.

If you are truly a proponent of life, if you truly want to reduce the number of abortions women get every year, then you actually want Planned Parenthood to not only be fully funded but to have more funding!!!

But alas, that argument will fall on deaf ears. Anti-abortionists need an enemy, they need something to rage at. Nevermind that they are doing more harm than good, I guess in the end, they just need to feel morally superior to everyone else...

Attachments

• abortionchart.gif
    abortionchart.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The math, science, and data show conclusively and without any doubt whatsoever that Planned Parenthood and organizations like Planned Parenthood are the reason for the decline in the abortion rate.

I'm convinced that math and science don't enter into the equation for sizeable portion of our population. And based on at some of the responses I see here, American history doesn't either.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm convinced that math and science don't enter into the equation for sizeable portion of our population. And based on at some of the responses I see here, American history doesn't either.
Every so often your avatar perfectly captures the situation within a thread...

It is a sad irony... anti-abortionists wish to reduce the number of abortions and inadvertently increase the number of abortions all-the-while believing that they are lowering the number of abortions...

It is counter-intuitive...

funny, how in life that the complex stuff is always counter-intuitive. This is a perfect example.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.