Edmonton,AB
✟9,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good morning everyone! It is in the early morning hours I am writing this. I know for certain that God is encouraging to me make this post. I hope you all are safe, and to those who are struggling with their mental, emotional and physical health during this difficult time; please know that you are in my prayers. No one is alone in this world, in one way or another we are all united. We are God's children after all. I pray that everyone took the time this Easter to praise God but also, took time to reflect and count your blessings.

For me there has been many times in my life, that I struggled to count my own blessings. There was many things I endured in my that were not so pleasant, at a young age. I have plenty to learn in this life; I am only twenty years old after all. However there has been many blessings and memories I have created, that are priceless. So I am going to list them here, I encourage you to take some time to do the same.

1. I am blessed to be here. When I say "here", I mean the earth that God created. The ground beneath my feet, the ocean, the changing seasons. I praise & I am thankful to God for all of it.

2. I am thankful for Jesus Christ for being not only My Savior, but for being my friend. Even when I strayed away from my Faith, he was always there. He was always by my side, even if I failed to acknowledge it; as well as many others. Jesus Christ died for all of our sins. He is Selfless and his love for all of us is unconditional. I am truly blessed to have my Faith.

3. I am blessed with a beautiful family. My Mother who carried me and delivered me into this world with the help of our Savior & my Father. I have an Older-brother whom I love unconditionally. I am grateful to have created wonderful memories, and take in the life lessons and guidance all my Grandparents (whom have all passed away), gave to me- and the rest of my family.

4. I am blessed to have fallen in love with a man, who loves me unconditionally. Who treats me with respect and is patient as well as loyal. I feel truly grateful for God leading us both into each-other's lives. I am also thankful for his family, whom have become a second family to me & love both of us very much.

God bless you all! I hope my post lifted your spirits, and reminded you that you are never alone.

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
those who are struggling with their mental, emotional and physical health during this difficult time

It is good to count our blessings and to thank and praise God for them.

Equally it is important to remember those who are struggling mentally, physically, emotionally and financially.

One of my concerns is the cocaine annonimous group that met in our church up untill the lockdown.
They gained strength through there meetings and the support and encouragement of each other.
I fear that cut off, but for internet, ways app etc access they will fall victim to their desire for a high and relapse.

• Prayers
Reactions: f1ndingfaith
Upvote 0

f1ndingfaith

Feb 18, 2020
Edmonton,AB
✟9,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why has God not blessed everyone like you?

I am not going to be the one who claims to have all the answers- because I don't. No one on this earth does. I want you to know from my own experience (which differs from everyone else, because no one is the same person. Everyone is different- everyone is unique.) That being said...

I want you to know that this post was made with positive intent. This post I made because, I felt compelled to let others know that they are not alone...Even in the midst of pain. I acknowledge that not everyone in life, has been blessed with the blessings I have personally shared in my post. I also want you to know, that I too- have been through many painful hardships. (Which I choose not to share all of them publicly, not because I am ashamed- but because it is my pain / burdens. It is very personal to me.) Not everything in life that we independently experience, is pleasant. There has been many times I have questioned my Faith and have been angry...Many times I would cry out- "What is the reason for this?!"

Again, it is very unfortunate and it does hurt my heart knowing; that there are many people out there, whom are suffering. It also hurts my soul knowing, that there are many- whom do not share some of the blessings I share. Some do not have a close relationship with their family. Some do not have a family to call their own.. I pray for those who feel lost in this world... I have been there too- mentally,emotionally e.t.c.. There is one more thing I am going to share with you in this reply; I truly believe that with hardships, comes blessings. They can be right in front of you- but its up to you to have an open mind. Blessings can come in many forms. Some of them are for example: the roof over your head, the clothes on your back, or your next meal. You do not have to be of religious Faith- to express gratitude for those blessings.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,524.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You do not have to be of religious Faith- to express gratitude for those blessings.
I can see that. I just wonder why God selects some people to bless but not others; sometimes from birth.

Upvote 0

f1ndingfaith

Feb 18, 2020
Edmonton,AB
✟9,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is good to count our blessings and to thank and praise God for them.

Equally it is important to remember those who are struggling mentally, physically, emotionally and financially.

One of my concerns is the cocaine annonimous group that met in our church up untill the lockdown.
They gained strength through there meetings and the support and encouragement of each other.
I fear that cut off, but for internet, ways app etc access they will fall victim to their desire for a high and relapse.

I will pray for the cocaine anonymous group that met in your Church- whom have been supporting one another, and giving each other strength to continue on the path of sobriety. I do not blame you at all, for fearing them losing their sobriety. If I may ask, does your church have an email list or a mailing list? If you can at all get in contact with your Pastor or Church I encourage you to do so.. Whether it be by telephone or email. You could point out to him your concerns about the group and ask if there is an email / mailing list and ask to Pray with him. I find that when I pray that it not only eases my anxiety, but it helps strengthen my Faith. I find it even more beneficial to pray with another individual of Faith- (or whom is open minded.)

God bless you and I pray you and your loved ones are staying safe during this time. :angel:

Upvote 0