Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems to me more than a coincidence that the sufferings of Job are followed by the blessings of fellowship in the Psalms. Job, the offended, receives the offerings of the offenders, and then Job prays for them. Job lost no reward, sins are forgiven, guilt is removed, harsh feelings are forgotten, grudges are erased.

That’s what happens when mercy and justice blend.

When we come to the Psalms each of the 5 divisions of books meaningfully and progressively move and improve into the divine revelation. The first division entails Psalm 1-41 that deals with the concept of the law and where God’s intention is to turn the seeking saints away from the law and turn to Christ, Himself.

In so obtaining Christ they find enjoyment in the House of God, His Family. In that, they find, is their portion. Blessed are they that walk not in the council of the ungodly, nor stand with the way of sinners, nor do they sit in the seat of the scornful. May your blessings be found in the council of righteousness. Amen

Yes count it all joy for enduring to the end of suffering produces sweet fellowship.

Reactions: friend of

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me more than a coincidence that the sufferings of Job are followed by the blessings of fellowship in the Psalms. Job, the offended, receives the offerings of the offenders, and then Job prays for them. Job lost no reward, sins are forgiven, guilt is removed, harsh feelings are forgotten, grudges are erased.

That’s what happens when mercy and justice blend.

When we come to the Psalms each of the 5 divisions of books meaningfully and progressively move and improve into the divine revelation. The first division entails Psalm 1-41 that deals with the concept of the law and where God’s intention is to turn the seeking saints away from the law and turn to Christ, Himself.

In so obtaining Christ they find enjoyment in the House of God, His Family. In that, they find, is their portion. Blessed are they that walk not in the council of the ungodly, nor stand with the way of sinners, nor do they sit in the seat of the scornful. May your blessings be found in the council of righteousness. Amen

Yes count it all joy for enduring to the end of suffering produces sweet fellowship.
This is a much needed message for me personally. I recently was rebuked for sharing about the Christ, by some people who felt I was pushing my beliefs upon them. I was somewhat hurt because they were friends of my daughter and it kind of mattered to me what they thought of me. In such instances I seem to always recall the scripture about trying to avoid sharing your pearls with swine, but I seem to forget to "count it all joy". Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a much needed message for me personally. I recently was rebuked for sharing about the Christ, by some people who felt I was pushing my beliefs upon them. I was somewhat hurt because they were friends of my daughter and it kind of mattered to me what they thought of me. In such instances I seem to always recall the scripture about trying to avoid sharing your pearls with swine, but I seem to forget to "count it all joy". Thanks for the reminder.
Uh yes, I can relate!
IT’s a nice reminder that we’re in good company too. The writers of the psalms have much Holy Spirit council within that text. Yet God’s council to others has a way of returning at the opportune time and "shall accomplish that which God purposes, succeeding in the thing for which He sent it." Isaiah 55:11 Prayers for them and you!
Youngsters can be thoughtless in the way they walk.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It seems to me more than a coincidence that the sufferings of Job are followed by the blessings of fellowship in the Psalms. Job, the offended, receives the offerings of the offenders, and then Job prays for them.

I never noticed this, but you're right! Hm, interesting.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I never noticed this, but you're right! Hm, interesting.
Suffering, from what I have experienced anyway, comes from the changes that I’ve had to go thru on account of God’s ways. The old nature, like the old wine, seemed to have it together enough for me not to trust in new. It’s hard to let go and let God. Yet God’s word promises that after we have suffered for awhile "will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.” Job’s friends seemed to represent all the legalities of Christianity. Job was trusting in his own righteousness but God had to take him beyond that into the faith of “Christ alone” as his righteousness, without the law or human prophets. And psalms portrays the steps so well, while at the same time keeping God in His rightful place of sovereignty.
Truly one of those things that made me want to go ‘hmm’ too. ;)

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suffering, from what I have experienced anyway, comes from the changes that I’ve had to go thru on account of God’s ways. The old nature, like the old wine, seemed to have it together enough for me not to trust in new. It’s hard to let go and let God. Yet God’s word promises that after we have suffered for awhile "will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.” Job’s friends seemed to represent all the legalities of Christianity. Job was trusting in his own righteousness but God had to take him beyond that into the faith of “Christ alone” as his righteousness, without the law or human prophets. And psalms portrays the steps so well, while at the same time keeping God in His rightful place of sovereignty.
Truly one of those things that made me want to go ‘hmm’ too. ;)
And when you say "will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast"... Are you referring to it being according to how much we acknowledge our weakness?

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And when you say "will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast"... Are you referring to it being according to how much we acknowledge our weakness?
The quote is 1 Peter 5:10 and acknowledging weakness is no doubt part of it. But more to being of reasonable service to God in gaining the mind of Christ Romans 12:1-3 rather than leaning on our own understanding. That is the armour needed against the flesh that's fighting the spirit for control of our lives. And the source of suffering, from what I can see. There are also physical sufferings but they seem to be played out within the mind also.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The quote is 1 Peter 5:10 and acknowledging weakness is no doubt part of it. But more to being of reasonable service to God in gaining the mind of Christ Romans 12:1-3 rather than leaning on our own understanding. That is the armour needed against the flesh that's fighting the spirit for control of our lives. And the source of suffering, from what I can see. There are also physical sufferings but they seem to be played out within the mind also.
The more I ponder that which is inferred in the term flesh, the more I see the inclination to sin as a product of vanity. I therefore believe that the renewing of the mind has much to do with the exposing of carnal vanity within the creation.

Subsequently, while I acknowledge that the flesh wars against the Spirit, I do not believe that the armor of God is about fighting against my own flesh. But rather the armor is for the devil who devises ways to appeal to our vanity either through temptation or accusation against those he tempted. Either way, his actions are not based on faith but doubt or unfaith. Hence when he states his conviction that Job only serves God because God gives Job good things, he is merely projecting out of his own vanity.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The more I ponder that which is inferred in the term flesh, the more I see the inclination to sin as a product of vanity. I therefore believe that the renewing of the mind has much to do with the exposing of carnal vanity within the creation.

Subsequently, while I acknowledge that the flesh wars against the Spirit, I do not believe that the armor of God is about fighting against my own flesh. But rather the armor is for the devil who devises ways to appeal to our vanity either through temptation or accusation against those he tempted. Either way, his actions are not based on faith but doubt or unfaith. Hence when he states his conviction that Job only serves God because God gives Job good things, he is merely projecting out of his own vanity.
Flesh=the area where the fall worked satan into our body of flesh= ‘Egypt' the world, that which longs for the things that God has brought us out of. Appealing to vanity is what satan did in the garden too, so a returning also to the fall where knowledge exalts itself against the wisdom of God (kinda paraphrased all that, but I get what you mean, I think?) The armour of His salvation, His truth, His gospel, His righteousness etc. acknowledges that all comes from Him.
Hence when he states his conviction that Job only serves God because God gives Job good things, he is merely projecting out of his own vanity.
Satan was basically saying that mankind serves God like a fed animal serves; take away the good things and they will turn. Yet Jesus told Ananias that He would show Paul how much he had to suffer for His Name Acts of the Apostles 9:16 Paul’s weakness was the strength that God sustained him thru. So again I get what you are saying. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 10:17-18
O Lord, you will hear the desire of the meek;
you will strengthen their heart, you will incline your ear
to do justice for the orphan and the oppressed,
so that those from earth may strike terror no more.

Psalms 29:10-11
The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
the Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
May the Lord give strength to his people!
May the Lord bless his people with peace!

Here we have the Lord’s answer to injustice, ‘for the ruthless will come to an end, and the scorner will be finished, indeed all who are intent on doing evil will be cut off’. Isaiah 29:20.

The 10th Psalm has many Hebrew letters missing, things that were not happening in the Old Testament. From mem(40) to qoof(100) we can see that the flow of life and understanding were missing before Christ came to speak forth the desire of these end times. The 9th Psalm was merely missing the delat(4), the door from which to enter in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums