• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Could we get a forum for confessions?

Discussion in 'Suggest New Forums' started by Gottservant, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+584
    Messianic
    Hi there,

You will have to decide whether monitoring this would be a headache, or not - get back to me if you think we could do a "confession forum".

Confession is the first response to the Gospel, after all.

Thanks.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. PloverWing

PloverWing Episcopalian

+3,377
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    I think I'd be uneasy about posting information about my sins on the Internet, even when shielded by a fictional name like "PloverWing" or "Gottservant". For myself, I think I'd prefer to seek out a local priest, and make my confession and receive absolution in person.

I suppose there's something to the anonymity of the Internet, though -- do I want my parish priest, whom I see every Sunday, to know I did that thing I'm confessing? I could imagine confession being added as part of the Chaplains Office forum, or perhaps through private messaging with one of the Chaplains. Do any of the current Chaplains come from a tradition that includes sacramental Confession in its practices (Catholic, Anglican, etc.)?

3. Gottservant

+584
    Messianic
    Yes, sure, someone to confess to would be just as good (even better)

4. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+11,903
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    This is what your priest/pastor is for, not the internet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+16,386
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    I would be uneasy about formal confession over the internet, for a bunch of reasons. Informal confession might have a place, but even so, I'd think it would be better kept confidential.

6. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞ Christian ✞ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+5,645
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I cannot speak unilaterally, but I don't think it is something we are looking to add, for a variety of reasons.

What I can recommend, if you wish to speak to a Chaplain would be to post in that forum, they are always able to help out.
    Ask a Chaplain - Private Area

7. Gottservant

+584
    Messianic
    Ok.

The Holy Spirit lead you further, if it is of His will.

8. Gottservant

+584
    Messianic
    There have been 700 views for this thread, already.

Just so?

9. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+14,154
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    We are not starting a forum like that. That is something better handled in real life. One can always confess to God .
    We already have frequent requests to remove posts folks have made that are too personal and the member regrets posting it. We have a chaplain.
    Closing this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.