• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Could we be healed today

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by 1hope, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    "God is not in the buisness of cursing His own children. Rather He blesses His children and everyone else also. He is merciful, not mean."

AMEN -- and only a close AbbaFather-son relationship can lead you to that conclusion. God delights in mercy, not judgement, although he will judge when the time is up.

2. SUNSTONE

SUNSTONE Christian Warrior

+205
    Non-Denom
    God was sharing some awesome things with me yesturday.
    We do go through trials, and also the devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy.
    Sometimes it can be tough to see who is doing what.

A trial from God, is something that is designed to make you stronger, to make your faith stronger, to give you more patience. A test is something that is used to see how much you learned, or to see how strong you are.

The devil only comes to try and make you weak, to kill you, or to steal the things that you do have. This isn't material for the very most part, but spiritual. He trys to steal your joy, and trys to get you to doubt God so you don't do the things that God wants you to do.

So many Christains don't believe God. And everyone at some point in time does not believe either in God, or what it says in the bible is 100 percent true.
    I am not talking about those that say "oh the bible is a great tool, but its not to be taken 100 percent serious".
    I am talking about those that say "The bible is 100 percent God's word!"
    but they don't act on it, they don't trust in it when times get tough.
    They don't tithe during a financial storm.
    They goto doctors during physical problems, and don't think to call on the Lord, or the ones that do call, do it in vein not expecting anything to happen.
    They hide there sins in darkness, thinking that there is no way they can be free from them.

I believe that 9/11 was an attack from the devil not a trial.
    I believe that every school shooting, teen pregnancy, drugs are a direct result in public schools from us as a nation kicking God out of are schools.

We as a nation are doing things that kick God out of it. Like the laws, with gay and abortion rights just to name a few. Are finances, if we don't give back to God in the church, what do you think people are doing out of the church?
    Our private lives with t.v., activitys,work and many other things replacing God.

So what should we do with these attacks?
    The same thing that we should do during the trials!
    STAND ON GOD'S WORD!
    Seek the Lord,pray without ceasing, fast, goto church, worship, pay our tithes, edify one another, hang out with fellow believers, witness.
    Do the right thing!Knowing that it will not be done in vein, with a thankful heart.

3. SnuP

SnuP A son of the Most High

+9
    Non-Denom
    VeryVeryVeryVery Good post!

4. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "And there is still nothing in your arguement."

That's YOUR OPINION, you can say scripture is valueless if you want, but that doesn't make it true.

"So God does make men do evil things?"

You tell me. What did he do to Pharro?

"You forgot D."

I've had too many of em.

"you have built your house on sand."

Not true at all, sometimes God uses those things INSTEAD of "divine intervention".

"Ecc 7:14 is right, but not the way you see it Louis. "

*sigh* yes, it is perfectly correct the way I use it. You simply don't want to submit to God and want him to be your personal butler. Gimme Gimme, gimme... I find it quite sad.

5. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom
    Its not about Gimme Gimme Gimme. Its about remaining in Jesus and knowing that He will take absolute care of you. It's trusting Him for everything. Knowing the He will never leave you nor forsake you. Not this "leave you out in the cold and say just deal with it, it my will" balone.

If I know anything about the future then Ecc 7:14 is dead wrong. And I do.

Your God looks callused and cold. Sending suffering and feeling indifferent. What about the God of Romans 8, who groans over His children wanting them to follow completely after the Spirit so that He can lead and take care of them. The true sons of God are overcomers not suffers.

6. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "Its not about Gimme Gimme Gimme. "

Yes, it is otherwise you woudn't critize other people's faith for being sick or say they are somehow not in the will of God.

"If I know anything about the future then Ecc 7:14 is dead wrong. And I do."

LOL, again, as you usually do, you like to rip out the context of a verse. You can always do that to the two I sugguested earlier snup..."and judus went and hanged himself" "Go and do likewise." context matters.

"Your God looks callused and cold. "

LOL, not really. He takes care of me, and I unlike you it seems realize that God is a God of justice, as well as love. A God of caring as well as disciplining. A God of my sanctification BY ANY MEANS NESSISARY as well as a God of love. Your image of God seems to lack these biblical characteristics.

"Sending suffering and feeling indifferent. "

Please don't put words in my mouth snup. God is not indifferent, he sends suffering to develop us spiritually, they are called trials.

"What about the God of Romans 8, who groans over His children wanting them to follow completely after the Spirit so that He can lead and take care of them"

*chuckles* proves my point further thanks, I just recently reread this..Try reading chapter 8 verses 18-25. Creation is fallen and will be remade. Our bodies are the same way, thus being sick has NOTHING to do with being sinful or in God's will.

"The true sons of God are overcomers not suffers."

ahh..again you miss the point of the passage. It is about being spiritually alive and living like that. It makes no diffence if the body is still decaying or not. In fact the same passage says that is so, thus the body still does get sick regardless of your spiritual maturnity. What's really funny is that you didn't even get halfway through the passage or you would have seen this verse..

"Now if we are childer, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share IN HIS SUFFERINGS in order that we may also share in his glory."

7. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom
    11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
    12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.£

You should also note that for the sufferings that Jesus went through, He had a choice.  The same is true of every disciple.  they suffered for the sake of the gospel and because of the annointing on their lives.  They all suffered at the hands of men, not disease.  None of their suffering was force upon them by God.  In fact the Holy Spirit warned Paul of oncoming suffering in a city the he planned to God.  But Paul, knowing the will of the Father chose to go anyways.  It is only by gross error that there is placed a link between the suffering for the gospel and suffering from sickness.  If God is able to restore, completely, Jesus body back to life, then promise us that same life giving power, then how can anyone think that God wants us sick.

On a side note, you assumed wrong again.  I was greatly incorraged when I read and meditated upon all of Romans ch.5 through ch. 9 today.  God blessed me with some great insights and I was very excited and could feel the annointing all over me.[line]10 Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
     For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    11 Wisdom, like an inheritance, is a good thing
     and benefits those who see the sun.
    12 Wisdom is a shelter
     as money is a shelter,
     but the advantage of knowledge is this:
     that wisdom preserves the life of its possessor.
    13Consider what God has done:
     Who can straighten
     what he has made crooked?
    14 When times are good, be happy;
     but when times are bad, consider:
     God has made the one
     as well as the other.
     Therefore, a man cannot discover
     anything about his future.
    15In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these:
     a righteous man perishing in his righteousness,
     and a wicked man living long in his wickedness.

Even in complete context it still says boldly, a man can't discover anything about his future.  And this is still untrue.  I know thay you disagree, so why don't you explain your take on how the contexts changes the meaning.

8. SUNSTONE

+205
    Non-Denom
    This are still left for you Louis, thanks.

9. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. "

Hmm..give life? That sounds to me like give life, not heal. Also you have to understand there is a big difference in what you're advocating using this verse. If you physically die does that mean you don't have the Holy spirit in you? that's what you seem to say here. Read the context.

"It is only by gross error that there is placed a link between the suffering for the gospel and suffering from sickness"

THIS IS PURELY YOUR OPINON

This passage is to show you that God INTENTIONALLY sends suffering our way, and it in NO WAY shows you are out of the will of God as you claim.

Sun, I answered your questions, open your eyes and see the truth.

"So don't take that verse of 7:14 by itself, "

I don't, I take it in context of the passage to show that the writter is summing up his thoughts like you would at the end of a paper and making your final thoughts on idea before moving onto the next.

10. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "Even in complete context it still says boldly, a man can't discover anything about his future. "

*sigh* you can't seem to see what the author is saying. In terms of why the days are good or bad you can't tell. You can't tell if a trial is going through is from God or not, you don't have the wisdom to because you don't have all knowledge.

11. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom
    So God won't even tell you if a trial is from Him? And therefore He won't tell you His will for your responce? Not sure that I'm following, please explain further.

12. SUNSTONE

+205
    Non-Denom
    Louisbooth, these are left for you , please answer the questions. How can you have a debate, unless you answer the questions? That was a retorical question, you don't have to answer that. :wave:

13. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "So God won't even tell you if a trial is from Him? "

Job 38

"Louisbooth, these are left for you , please answer the questions. "

*sigh* I did a long time ago sun, please read my responses.

14. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom

Im not following, perhaps if you posted a specific verse and offered what you are getting at then we could discouse it

Maybe she wasn't satisfied with your answers.

15. D-Lyte

D-Lyte New Member

+0
    221 and still going strong...

COULD (is it possible) we (us) be healed (be healed) today (at present time and age)?

The Lord says "with God, all things are possible."

ANSWER: yes, we could be healed today :)

16. D-Lyte

D-Lyte New Member

+0

Wouldn't you agree it's a possibility sometime God will use sickness to make us stronger?  If you don't agree...then wouldn't you as His follower, put a limitation on what He can/cannot do?  If you do, then couldn't His blessing be coming to you as something less attractive (sickness) since it'll make you stronger spiritually?

That's certainly what he does...and it's working overall

I agree :)

It was a choice made by certain individuals...possibly influenced by the devil himself...

Very sad and very true

Again, totally agree...it's ironic for us as a nation to ask God where is He during 9/11 when we pretty much kicked Him out of our daily lives. 

Return to God as a nation :bow:

17. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    "Wouldn't you agree it's a possibility sometime God will use sickness to make us stronger?"

I think there's still a confusion here. What we are saying is that NO, God does not author or originate sickness in the life of a believer. But YES he can "use" sickness the devil puts on believers to turn things around for their good.

quote: "If you don't agree...then wouldn't you as His follower, put a limitation on what He can/cannot do?"

in the frist place, God is limited by his Word, he is not ALL Sovereign in the absolute sense. eg He cant force you to be saved. He can't lie and change his mind as and when he pleases. And no we are not putting a limitation. We are just going by what God himself has made clear in his Word -- that Christ bore our sicknesses and pains too, so why in the world would the Father go against this by putting sickness on his children???

18. SUNSTONE

+205
    Non-Denom
    You have not answered those questions.

Go bring up the answers to everyone of those questions then.

19. SUNSTONE

+205
    Non-Denom
    The Job instance is one in a thousand I bet.
    People make excuses in there lives for when things come upon them, when they should be looking at there laziness.

You got saved! Great! But there is so much more to learn, and this has nothing to do with your salvation.
    It is now a time for you to build a house, and you can do it on God's word, or on sand.
    Most people do it on both, I am guessing. There is so much to learn, so much to build in us and healings are one of them, not to mention prophecy and miracles.

Let me paint you a picture, you have salvation down, and how God loves you down, and lets say you have God wants you to succeed down pack.
    This is like your living room built on the rock(God's word).
    Now lets swing around to the other parts of the house, and see how you believe.....
    Oh I believe that God can heal, but rarely does he is testing me right now, and prophecys are not fortelling the future, or maybe once and a great while, and I don't know what the will of God is except to lead everyone to Christ, but I don't know how to do it from day to day, with person to person, since God's will changes all the time.

Thats the part of your house that is built on sand.
    God isn't mad at you, you can go on believing like that or you can go get those promises that God has for you in your life.
    Remember you are building a house and that takes time.
    God loves you He is for you, but He won't force you to believe anything. Take a look at your life, do you have health insurance for doctors? Do you think that perhaps that is effecting your beliefs, and perhaps that is why you never see any healings from the Lord.

Luke 11:1-13 tells how to pray, and about a friend who goes to another friend for something that he wants.

[I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs. And I say to you, keepasking, and it shall be given to you; keep seeking, and you shall find; keep knocking, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks recieves; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened. Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he?...........
    how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?]

20. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "So God won't even tell you if a trial is from Him? And therefore He won't tell you His will for your responce? Not sure that I'm following, please explain further.
    "

Sure, lets look at the bible...

Job: why is this happening to me! Why? I've done exactly what you told me to do, I live well. why am I going through this??

God: don't question me, just do as I say.

"Maybe she wasn't satisfied with your answers."

atheists are satified with the answers christianity gives them, that doesn't make them any less true or full. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.