Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But would you perhaps like that there were aliens though so we`re not all alone in the universe with angels and demons and Jesus and God?

As i do not believe that a universe exist (as what is stated by science) i will let you explore your topic. Because we believe in two completely different creations that just are not compatible.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As i do not believe that a universe exist (as what is stated by science) i will let you explore your topic. Because we believe in two completely different creations that just are not compatible.

Doesn`t exist, what do you mean, I`m siting here and talking to you, of course I exist in it..

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So this planet is somehow outside the universe it`s in?

No the creation God created is heaven and earth. God did not create a universe.

The sun moon and stars are located in the raqia (dome) created by God that is above the earth.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No the creation God created is heaven and earth. God did not create a universe.

The sun moon and stars are located in the raqia (dome) created by God that is above the earth.

Why can't we bounce a laser off this dome to measure it?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,522.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If there was anything out there that wanted to be found, we would know by now.

Rubbish.

If there are aliens, there's no guarantee any earth origin signal has reached them.

If an earth based signal has reached them, there's no guarantee they'd identify it as such. Or are even capable of such.

Even if they do, there no guarantee they'd send a reply. Or are even capable of such.

Even if they sent a reply, there no guarantee it's arrived yet.

Even if it has arrived, there's no guarantee we'd detect it.

Human generated signals have been around for 1/1450000000th of the age of the universe and have spread out about 1/3200000000th of its size.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Rubbish.

If there are aliens, there's no guarantee any earth origin signal has reached them.

If an earth based signal has reached them, there's no guarantee they'd identify it as such. Or are even capable of such.

Even if they do, there no guarantee they'd send a reply. Or are even capable of such.

Even if they sent a reply, there no guarantee it's arrived yet.

Even if it has arrived, there's no guarantee we'd detect it.

Human generated signals have been around for 1/1450000000th of the age of the universe and have spread out about 1/3200000000th of its size.
Your assumptions about the age of the universe are entirely speculation. As is the idea that there may be alien lifeforms. The tinpot god of science wastes vast amounts of money and resources on pointless research into issues that have zero impact on human quality of life. Large Hadron Collider anyone? And the next prohibitively expensive and wasteful version of it? SETI? Dark matter research? 70 years of complete wasted effort. Don't start me on OOL research.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Let`s say you wanted to create some sort of a distortion in nature so it`d spread and eventually hopefully, be picked up by some aliens far away, would a big clock where you set the second-hand in a strange position be enough, so eveytime it moves it creates a strange distortion, would they pick it up eventually with some very sensitive and delicate instruments quicker than the normal method of sending messages?

I don't understand how you get from "weird clock" to "detectable distortion in nature"?

If we wanted to signal hypothetical aliens I think the best way would be to build a Dyson swarm. It would block out the light from our sun, but leave the vast infra red waste heat from the constructions... it would be obvious and visible from a looong way away.

But this is limited by the speed of light, so even if there are intelligent aliens in the galaxy, they probably wouldn't even have an opportunity to pick it out of the back ground for hundreds of thousands of years.
(But building a Dyson swarm is a good idea anyway).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Your assumptions about the age of the universe are entirely speculation. As is the idea that there may be alien lifeforms. The tinpot god of science wastes vast amounts of money and resources on pointless research into issues that have zero impact on human quality of life. Large Hadron Collider anyone? And the next prohibitively expensive and wasteful version of it? SETI? Dark matter research? 70 years of complete wasted effort. Don't start me on OOL research.
...he said via a computer linked to a global communications network.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Dyson swarms are purely speculative.
How is building from pure speculation, in any way, 'a good idea'?
Get real!
Obviously a Dyson swarm is a project of millennia of construction... but I fail to see any fact of physics that stands in the way of filling the inner Solar system with space stations and collectors.

It's more advanced and on a vast scale... but no magical speculative technology is required.

What has that got to do with exorbitantly costly research that benefits precisely no one?

Your simplistic and ignorant denial of pure science research and the advantages that comes from it.

The technology that makes you computer and this internet comes from research in places of higher learning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Obviously a Dyson swarm is a project of millennia of construction... but I fail to see any fact of physics that stands in the way of filling the inner Solar system with space stations and collectors.

It's more advanced and on a vast scale... but no magical speculative technology is required.

Your simplistic and ignorant denial of pure science research and the advantages that comes from it.

The technology that makes you computer and this internet comes from research in places of higher learning.[/QUOTE
Sound like a typical attempt to justify the unjustifiable. There is nothing pure about OOL research. Dark matter probably does not exist but that does not stop the zealots spending other people's money to find it. I have nothing against real science, but there is way too much that is done just for the sake of it with no value.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If there was anything out there that wanted to be found, we would know by now. If they were intelligent enough to detect us, they'd avoid this planet like the plague.

It is a big universe.....

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Sound like a typical attempt to justify the unjustifiable. There is nothing pure about OOL research. Dark matter probably does not exist but that does not stop the zealots spending other people's money to find it. I have nothing against real science, but there is way too much that is done just for the sake of it with no value.
Ignorant.

Do you know why we research dark matter? Because we found evidence. That came first, we examined the universe and made determinations about movement and scale. Measurements, comparisons, experiments... science.

I assume you mean "origin of life" when you say OOL? If so, that's research into organic chemistry and geology. We learn about these topics with evidence, models and experiments.

I know evidence and science are less important to you then personal conviction... but try to be honest about your opinions and how you justify them.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

We could build a small ground based one first, just little walking replicating mineral collectors running on solar energy. No warp drive required, just as a test. Let's see how that goes.

Upvote 0