United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
*Updated, Praise report*

I can pray for others, and have seen many amazing results to God moving in others. I however, do not seem to be able to pray for myself. I have a tendency, not of complacency, but of acceptance, that I do not seem to be able to reach through. I find it debilitating. Almost as if I am whining about everything God has provided me.

While I am blessed more than others, I feel I need God's help in my life. We are hungry. My family I mean. We need food. We do not have a stove or oven. Both our AC and heat is broken. We still have storm damage to our home from Hurricane Irma we do not have the money to fix. My wife's car has electrical problems, and her headlights do not work. We have no carpets. Holes in the walls from the water draining in the hurricane from a damaged roof. (the roof is fixed) Exposed electrical wiring that is not capped off but is live. We have fleas, roaches and brown recluses. Our lawn is about 3 feet tall because we cannot afford to mow it.

Recently we have been living off of our prepper stash. Hurricane food. Which is putting us at risk for this current season. And we are running out. We had at one time over a years worth of food. Well, it served its purpose but needs to be replenished.

I mean, poor, destitute, homeless or dying... I will still serve the Christ, Jesus. God's will be done concerning me, and my life. God is just, and faithful even when we are not understanding of, or even aware of how he moves in our situations. But I feel I could use a bit of fortune at this point in time. I need money. I need my bills paid. I honestly need help. If you would find the compassion to intercede on my behalf I would be most grateful.

Last edited:

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had to live like that for about a month before because my irresponsible ex decided to spend money on stuff we didn’t need. This was years ago . You can cook in a microwave a lot of people don’t realize that . Hamburgers take less than 10 minutes starting from frozen And it uses a lot less electricity . Hot water from a hot plate is annoying but you can wash and Clean just get a decent mainstream brand and a large pot. For extra warmth in winter put a large terry cloth towel down on top of your bottom sheet and lie on top of that .In summer wet just the top sheet in cool water and sleep under that. Make sure it’s not dripping wet so you don’t damage your mattress . If you don’t live in an urban area try wild foraging. Make sure you ID the plant properly. If you’re unfamiliar with this, stay away from fungi. And don’t get plants or mushrooms from near a major street or highway as they probably have contamination from cars (oil and lead)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fleas will die if you use a roach bomb . I had the cutest dog but she was a flea magnet . I would use cheap shampoo on her ( Suave , VO 5) it kills fleas and didn’t bother her skin. Just watched for an allergic reaction in an animal they put too many scented chemicals in shampoo

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes Lord we pray for LostMarbels and family. We pray for some new avenues of finances to pay bills and other basic needs; food, repairs. Lord we pray for some miracles. Please provide for the needs of this family. We pray for breakthroughs, and against whatever is hindering this. Thanks for his faith but he's hit some really hard times. We plead for deliverance from evil and your blessings on his home at this time. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Fleas will die if you use a roach bomb. I had the cutest dog but she was a flea magnet. I would use cheap shampoo on her ( Suave , VO 5) it kills fleas and didn’t bother her skin

We are surviving off of $11,000 a year. In a home with a mortgage. We have to decide whether we pay bill or if we get food. Tea Tree oil, dawn dish soap, and distilled water in a spray bottle works. And it last for months. More bang for the buck. I do not think many people understand what poverty is. Your reality changes. Even your outlook and goals. I mean what is that? Seven bucks? I can get black beans and rice for that and feed my family for days. Or get a fleabomb.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Black beans and rice is nutritious. You can grow the following from part of the plant from the supermarket any of the mints and basil will grow from a cutting as well .
8D109F1A-7C4C-474E-915A-B7EEE89FC2EA.png
8D109F1A-7C4C-474E-915A-B7EEE89FC2EA.png
DD2DBE4A-E92F-4C76-8D83-34855B22A8E7.png
75131853-AACB-43C9-A6C8-79BE74868D10.png
483A81C6-E411-47E7-8E9A-88A057C41D12.png
CBEB1C47-7474-43AA-A550-D9E2248E115A.png
AD93CF84-5DBD-4F2F-A06F-A23C531FA01A.png
CC04E54F-1B16-4796-8D9C-1E4EC0E809FE.jpeg

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I use large soda bottles and gallon milk cartons as planters . Wet the dry dirt by using boiling water and stir if you don’t buy potting soil . Kills insects and fungi and other pests like nematodes. Allow to cool completely before planting anything

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Praying for your brother. We all need Gods help in our lives, and He wants to ask for it. I wish I lived closer, I could at least help mow the lawn. :)

That's cool... thanks. I actually bought a sling blade. Got most of my front lawn done before it broke twice now. Now it is bent and I have to fix it again. The grass is seriously thick. Would need a hydro with some serious HP to get through this stuff.

• Prayers
Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I can pray for others, and have seen many amazing results to God moving in others. I however, do not seem to be able to pray for myself. I have a tendency, not of complacency, but of acceptance, that I do not seem to be able to reach thru. I find it debilitating. Almost as if I am whining about everything God has provided me.

While I am blessed more than others, I feel I need God's help in my life. We are hungry. My family I mean. We need food. We do not have a stove or oven. Both our AC and heat is broken. We still have storm damage to our home from Hurricane Irma we do not have the money to fix. My wife's car has electrical problems, and her headlights do not work. We have no carpets. Holes in the walls from the water draining in the hurricane from a damaged roof. (the roof is fixed) Exposed electrical wiring that is not capped off but is live. We have fleas, roaches and brown recluses. Our lawn is about 3 feet tall because we cannot afford to mow it.

Recently we have been living off of our prepper stash. Hurricane food. Which is putting us at risk for this current season. And we are running out. We had at one time over a years worth of food. Well, it served its purpose but needs to be replenished.

I mean, poor, destitute, homeless or dying... I will still serve the Christ, Jesus. God's will be done concerning me, and my life. God is just, and faithful even when we are not understanding of, or even aware of how he moves in our situations. But I feel I could use a bit of fortune at this point in time. I need money. I need my bills paid. I honestly need help. If you would find the compassion to intercede on my behalf I would be most grateful.
Your situation seems at odds with God's word. Lord Jesus promised that all our needs would be met if we seek the Kingdom of God first. I can't speak for you of course, but when I was in dire financial straits, it was because I was not giving. Don't get me wrong, I believe that the prosperity gospel is a complete distortion of God's word. However, when I got my attitude to giving right, things began to improve markedly. I had a number of financial miracle. The best was a totally unexpected windfall that amounted to about 9 months salary.

I fell into the trap of not having enough so I did not give. That was my problem. Yours may well be different. However, it would seem that God wants your attention on some issue. This is not to condemn you, but to help you.

Is your church helping you out? They should be. It's a responsibility of being a Christian.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does seem does it not SO easy to pray have faith for others but not self. Gods word is still true. If we KNOW He hears us.. then we KNOW we have the petitions we asked for. Christ said what ever you ask the Father in my name He will do it. Now think.. Jesus only said what the Father said.

So it was GOD the Father saying.. ASK ME FOR ANYTHING in my sons name I will do it! But Gods will! A its HIS WORD! What are His promises? As Issac was we ARE the children of promise. You have not because you ask not or your asking wrong.

So take time to THINK.. my Father.. GOD always HEARS me. Not what man says about GOD can do or wont answer this or that lol. Its what HIS WORD says. What do you need? Is it in His word? YES!

He supplies all your needs..how? Faith.. you pray.. did He hear you? YES! Why would you keep asking then? And is it not written He knows what you need before you ask? Did He not say He answers it before you finish? What did the angel say to Daniel? The moment you prayed... He heard.. He answered but for 21 days.. anyway.

After you pray.. don't be moved by TIME by what you SEE HEAR FEEL. Walk by faith. We call those things that be not as though they were. Is that not what JESUS said? What ever you desire when you pray. So you don't have it.. you don't see it. He said believe you receive it and you shall have it

That works EVERY TIME by faith because GODS WILL is HIS WORD! Father you SAID you have not give me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. You said you supply all my needs by Christ Jesus "my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."

I don't care what it looks like. I don't care how dark it gets. I don't care what man says..what any other believer says. GOD so far for me has NEVER lied. ALWAYS has kept His word.

So.. now what happens when just two or three of us agree that God will meet your needs.. job what ever.. in JESUS name. I use to say.. God paved the streets with GOLD! I was wrong. They are MADE of gold. Sorry what do you need here? :) Your Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD! Really? He left heaven became His creation.. then died for all the sin of the world. And we wonder about GODS WILL?

What are the promises HE gave? Again.. as Issac was..we are the children of promise. THATS YOU! ALL those promises are yours. And .. see that guy just standing over there? Has holes in his hands and feet and cut on His side? Your a JOINT HEIR with Him. If you know about that then.. He already died and ROSE! So what does that mean for you and me that love believe in Him?

You are so blessed.. you have but to ask and just believe. You have given.. and so much at times.. it shall be given back pressed over.. in JESUS name

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can pray for others, and have seen many amazing results to God moving in others. I however, do not seem to be able to pray for myself. I have a tendency, not of complacency, but of acceptance, that I do not seem to be able to reach thru. I find it debilitating. Almost as if I am whining about everything God has provided me.

Marbels do you have a gofundme or anything like that?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is your church helping you out? They should be. It's a responsibility of being a Christian.

I have stop going to churches in my area. Most of them sing "come as you are" but judge me for being an ex con. Don't dare bring a homeless man into the congregation. Oh, my! They have BO!!! God can forgive me, but not you, kind of things. I also got tired of going to bible study just to have a neighborhood gossip session with refreshments. Learned more about my neighbors kid selling candy bars then we even read the bible.

This is my church community. I have learned more here in this fellowship than anywhere else.

Your situation seems at odds with God's word. Lord Jesus promised that all our needs would be met if we seek the Kingdom of God first.

The thing is... my needs are met. I dare to want more. I have a home. I'm not dying. Were the Jews needs met in the wilderness? Of course, they were. But... were they content? Neither am I. I want better, and hope I can gain some favor. God takes care of me. I'm just tired of being broke.

• Friendly
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I do not. I have never done such a thing before.
It wouldn’t hurt to set one up. Have you checked into food boxes and are you signed up for food stamps? And I know this is a prayer forum and it’s ok if you don’t want to discuss other forms of help.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you checked into food boxes

Yes. I do go to a food bank I worked at in the past.

And are you signed up for food stamps?

No. I do not meet the requirements. I need to work for 20 hours a week and I cannot get a job. I'm a 45-year-old man with bad hips, a criminal record, and serving lifetime probation. No one will hire me. I couldn't even get a job sorting trash at the dump. Literally. I tried. And it isn't a woe is me thing. I do not know the solution. I do not know what to do. That is as honest as I can be.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I do go to a food bank I worked at in the past.

No. I do not meet the requirements. I need to work for 20 hours a week and I cannot get a job. I'm a 45-year-old man with bad hips, a criminal record, and serving lifetime probation. No one will hire me. I couldn't even get a job sorting trash at the dump. Literally. I tried. And it isn't a woe is me thing. I do not know the solution. I do not know what to do. That is as honest as I can be.
I’m really sorry to hear that, and it makes me mad:( Everyone deserves a second chance once they’ve served their time. If you set up a gofundme let me know.

Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
home is where the heart is <3
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Marbels do you have a gofundme or anything like that?

It wouldn’t hurt to set one up. Have you checked into food boxes and are you signed up for food stamps? And I know this is a prayer forum and it’s ok if you don’t want to discuss other forms of help.

Actually, a paypal account would be better, sister. People can send funds without a fee. GoFundMe takes a percentage of every gift sent.

Upvote 0