Could Trump become the most important Christian President....

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Close, but not quite. Just replace "protect" with "destroy" and "something to respect" with "something to be ashamed of". Then we'll be fine.

I'm supposed to think that was really clever...or cute...I'm guessing, but if there is no serious rebuttal, it only verifies what I said earlier.

So, which president in recent memory do you think did more in four years to bolster, reassert, or protect freedom of religion? Obama, Bush, Clinton? Not a chance. But Trump did make actual improvements as well as personally support people of faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm supposed to think that was really clever...or cute...I'm guessing, but if there is no serious rebuttal, it only verifies what I said earlier.

So, which president in recent memory do you think did more in four years to bolster, reassert, or protect freedom of religion? Obama, Bush, Clinton? Not a chance. But Trump did make actual improvements as well as personally support people of faith.

Which is why it's been agreed that he literally saved Christianity. When he's the savior of your savior, clearly this makes him the most important president and the most important Christian. Gloria in excelsis Donaldo.

And remember, he likes golden idols of himself
upload_2021-12-4_10-2-29.png

-- so get to work.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Trump did make actual improvements as well as personally support people of faith.
Certain people of particular faiths. NOT people of faith, in general.

And what actual "improvements"? How could he have "improved" on the 1st Amendment and the freedom of religious choice and worship? And there is very good reason that this was the FIRST Amendment. It placed America way ahead of the European countries that had official and government supported religions. And as we know from history, that was one of the reasons for people emigrating to America. Trump is noted more for creating division between peoples of various faiths, not for bringing them together.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What do you have in mind when saying that?

And what actual "improvements"? How could he have "improved" on the 1st Amendment and the freedom of religious choice and worship?
Despite the First Amendment, it's widely recognized that administators, the tax code, and courts, etc. have nibbled away at that freedom in recent years.

Here's an example for you:
Biden Stimulus Bill May Drive Catholic Schools Out of Early Childhood Services, School Officials Say| National Catholic Register (ncregister.com)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you have in mind when saying that?

Despite the First Amendment, it's widely recognized that administators, the tax code, and courts, etc. have nibbled away at that freedom in recent years.
I don’t recognize your opinion on this. Your only definition of religion appears to be evangelical Christianity.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I think it's understood that only the "faith" of the most important Christian president is worth protecting or improving... and of those who pray for him, with him, or to him.

And what actual "improvements"? How could he have "improved" on the 1st Amendment and the freedom of religious choice and worship? And there is very good reason that this was the FIRST Amendment. It placed America way ahead of the European countries that had official and government supported religions. And as we know from history, that was one of the reasons for people emigrating to America. Trump is noted more for creating division between peoples of various faiths, not for bringing them together.

Donald certainly tried to "protect" the 1stA from those who would dare use it against him... just ask the folks at CNN and SNL...

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
if Roe is overturned or severely limited? Note, I ask this as someone who did not support him, as I have voted Third Party since 2000. Still, I wonder if Trump becomes effectively responsible for saving the lives of millions of unborn babies in the coming decades, by a reversal of Roe vs Wade, could what one politician called him, "the most Christian President ever",
1. Depends on your definition of "Christian president"
I'm under the impression that D Trump has never read the Christian Bible, not any part of it, wouldn't know the difference between New Testament and old Testament, wouldn't be able to tell you about many of the stories or characters of the bible. Prior to his run for presidency he was pro-choice, but once he was running for Republican presidency then he was all of a sudden anti-abortion.

2. Blocking Merrick Garland was due to Mitch, packing the courts and politicising them with conservatives was Mitch's brain child and was may years in the making.

3. Any Republican president would have been able to help Mitch with his plan.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
if Roe is overturned or severely limited? Note, I ask this as someone who did not support him, as I have voted Third Party since 2000. Still, I wonder if Trump becomes effectively responsible for saving the lives of millions of unborn babies in the coming decades, by a reversal of Roe vs Wade, could what one politician called him, "the most Christian President ever", end up becoming at least partially true? You know, it would be very strange if a man who apparently told more lies as President than almost any of his predecessors, and who did not take the pandemic seriously at first, and spoke ill of the dead when he trashed John McCain, and made fun of a disabled man while at a GOP Presidential Primary campaign stop and so on and so on..... ends up saving the lives of an untold number of unborn babies.
No. Pushing an issue to states rights is not doing anything overly pious.

I can't even get into him as a person.

Besides wasn't there some dude who ...ENDED SLAVERY?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't speak for the rest of the world's Christians, but seeing how many in America imitate Donald's behavior and mannerisms more than The Other Fellow's, I'd say that Donald's has become the Christian lifestyle.
There is a saying, to be "Christ-like"
Is D Trump portraying a "Christ-like" example?
If Christians looked upto Trump as the modern day example of being Christ-like and so they too, took Trump's leadership and example on how to live a principled life. What then would Christianity be in these times?

Edit: if asked by an aspiring Christian for a famous person who exemplifies a Christian lifestyle, would others point to D Trump?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There is a saying, to be "Christ-like"

Unfortunately, a "saying" is all that it is.

Is D Trump portraying a "Christ-like" example?
If Christians looked upto Trump as the modern day example of being Christ-like and so they too, took Trump's leadership and example on how to live a principled life. What then would Christianity be in these times?

It would be what it is -- there are plenty of Christians around here who prefer the Donald-like example to the Christ-like one.

And why wouldn't they? Remember, the only thing Christ requires is to accept that he is the only begotton Son of God, who died for your sins.

Do that, and your place in Paradise is guaranteed. One can then start focusing on this world... and that's where people like Donald come in...

Edit: if asked by an aspiring Christian for a famous person who exemplifies a Christian lifestyle, would others point to D Trump?

Too many would. Because being Donald-like is easier, more profitable, and more satisfying than being like The Other Fellow...

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Besides wasn't there some dude who ...ENDED SLAVERY?
No president ended slavery. Slavery was ended by the thirteenth amendment... but no president has any formal role in the amendment process, which is done entirely by congress and state legislatures. Lincoln did do what he could to support the thirteenth amendment, but to say he "ended slavery" is incorrect.

The Emancipation Proclamation was certainly a significant step, but it was limited in what it did. It was only a declaration that slaves were freed in the states in rebellion--which, of course, didn't recognize Lincoln as having any power over them. It did mean that as the Union army wen through the south and took back territory, they started freeing the slaves though.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No president ended slavery. Slavery was ended by the thirteenth amendment... but no president has any formal role in the amendment process, which is done entirely by congress and state legislatures. Lincoln did do what he could to support the thirteenth amendment, but to say he "ended slavery" is incorrect.

The Emancipation Proclamation was certainly a significant step, but it was limited in what it did. It was only a declaration that slaves were freed in the states in rebellion--which, of course, didn't recognize Lincoln as having any power over them. It did mean that as the Union army wen through the south and took back territory, they started freeing the slaves though.
Thanks. I appreciate the clarity

Upvote 0