Could truckers wind up being removed by force?

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not that hard to find livestreams online showing hours of the same thing.

If you wanted more proof? You could find it easily.

LIVESTREAM
It isn’t up to me to look for evidence that supports his position. That is his job. Basic rule of debate—burden of proof rests with the affirmative. And video of a peaceful protest proves nothing, not when we have police arrests for horns blaring, blocking traffic and obscene comments and threats at multiple locations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
3 Posts earlier.....

Then in your own words, you asked for proof of nothing. ^_^
I asked for proof. I’m still waiting. If these protests are peaceful why do we have complaints of horns blaring, traffic being blocked. Why do we have arrests for obscene comments and threats? A video proves nothing. I guess your laughing emoji is appropriate since you are offering nothing of value.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I for proof. I’m still waiting. If these protests are peaceful why do we have complaints of horns blaring, traffic being blocked. Why do we have arrests for obscene comments and threats? A video proves nothing. I guess your laughing emoji is appropriate since you are offering nothing of value.

If a video of them being peaceful isn't proof they're being peaceful, while your claim (with no evidence whatsoever) that they're not being peaceful is sufficient for you, then perhaps you should re-evaluate what you actually want. You clearly don't want proof.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a video of them being peaceful isn't proof they're being peaceful, while your claim (with no evidence whatsoever) that they're not being peaceful is sufficient for you, then perhaps you should re-evaluate what you actually want. You clearly don't want proof.

That's what I'm thinking. All you have to do is look at the livestreams to see what a peaceful protest is about. Complaints about horns blaring and traffic being blocked isn't violent. It's a traffic violation. Protests do push the limits of the law, and cause disruption.

They had one lane open for emergency vehicles. Protestors shoveled the snow, handled the trash, fed the homeless, filled the food banks, and when they food banks said they couldn't take anymore? They moved to sites outside the Ottawa area to help those food banks. I mean WOW such wicked people.

People were arrested for not leaving - not obscene comments and threats. Do they have video of that? I haven't seen it. Did Archivist link to the evidence and proof that Archivist requested from others? I didn't see that either.

I have seen video of the police taking the grip part of their 'assault' weapons and beating a man. There is another one in which the man was inside the police car, and they - the police - were punching him. I saw a video of people singing their National Anthem - and they got pepper sprayed for their trouble. Thankfully, the rumor mill was wrong about the lady dying...but she was indeed hurt. I guess her mobility scooter couldn't go fast enough for the horses. That's okay the Police Chief claimed it was bike that was thrown at the horse, and all parties walked away. Yet, they didn't. They had a short video of the lady, and she isn't looking to hot. Since she was having issues sitting up? I find it hard to believe she 'walked' away as the Chief claims. Maybe he can show his police cameras to show how it happened? They won't.

The Truck Protest went on for 3 weeks all the while government mouthpieces claiming they were afraid of violence...yet there wasn't any. WAIT! Well until the police showed up with batons, pepper spray, horses and all the rest. The Convoy wanted a voice from government to listen to them, and they refused. They offered up a Covid plan to discuss or debate - which they all acknowledged receiving it and promptly ignored them. Decided that the group was a national security issue, and issued the emergency act instead of dialog.

I guess the parts of the convoy - along with new truckers are moving to Quebec Now. They inspired the world with convoy in many countries, and a large one is forming in the USA too. Funny how restrictions started to change once Canada's convoy started, and our government people knew it would also happen here. Hopefully, our government won't place people on ignore and call them names that Canada's PM did.

Quite frankly? All the truckers really need to do is park their trucks in their driveway, and all take a vacation at the same time. Nothing illegal about that.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The evidence is the number of these so-called truckers arrested for various infractions. At least 100 arrested in police crackdown on Ottawa protest

Anyone can take a video showing what was happening at a single location for one minute. That proves nothing. Do you have proof of charges being dropped?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The evidence is the number of these so-called truckers arrested for various infractions. At least 100 arrested in police crackdown on Ottawa protest

Anyone can take a video showing what was happening at a single location for one minute. That proves nothing. Do you have proof of charges being dropped?

Why would I have proof of that if I didn't even make that claim? Do you have proof that the temperature in Canada is now 100 degrees?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would I have proof of that if I didn't even make that claim? Do you have proof that the temperature in Canada is now 100 degrees?
You claimed they were being peaceful. Blaring truck horns, blocking streets and yelling obscenities at women isn’t peaceful. Where is your proof? A one-minute video of a peaceful protest proves nothing.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's what I'm thinking. All you have to do is look at the livestreams to see what a peaceful protest is about. Complaints about horns blaring and traffic being blocked isn't violent. It's a traffic violation. Protests do push the limits of the law, and cause disruption.

They had one lane open for emergency vehicles. Protestors shoveled the snow, handled the trash, fed the homeless, filled the food banks, and when they food banks said they couldn't take anymore? They moved to sites outside the Ottawa area to help those food banks. I mean WOW such wicked people.

People were arrested for not leaving - not obscene comments and threats. Do they have video of that? I haven't seen it. Did Archivist link to the evidence and proof that Archivist requested from others? I didn't see that either.

I have seen video of the police taking the grip part of their 'assault' weapons and beating a man. There is another one in which the man was inside the police car, and they - the police - were punching him. I saw a video of people singing their National Anthem - and they got pepper sprayed for their trouble. Thankfully, the rumor mill was wrong about the lady dying...but she was indeed hurt. I guess her mobility scooter couldn't go fast enough for the horses. That's okay the Police Chief claimed it was bike that was thrown at the horse, and all parties walked away. Yet, they didn't. They had a short video of the lady, and she isn't looking to hot. Since she was having issues sitting up? I find it hard to believe she 'walked' away as the Chief claims. Maybe he can show his police cameras to show how it happened? They won't.

The Truck Protest went on for 3 weeks all the while government mouthpieces claiming they were afraid of violence...yet there wasn't any. WAIT! Well until the police showed up with batons, pepper spray, horses and all the rest. The Convoy wanted a voice from government to listen to them, and they refused. They offered up a Covid plan to discuss or debate - which they all acknowledged receiving it and promptly ignored them. Decided that the group was a national security issue, and issued the emergency act instead of dialog.

I guess the parts of the convoy - along with new truckers are moving to Quebec Now. They inspired the world with convoy in many countries, and a large one is forming in the USA too. Funny how restrictions started to change once Canada's convoy started, and our government people knew it would also happen here. Hopefully, our government won't place people on ignore and call them names that Canada's PM did.

Quite frankly? All the truckers really need to do is park their trucks in their driveway, and all take a vacation at the same time. Nothing illegal about that.
Except I never said that they were violent, other than threats of violence that have been reported to the police. Blaring horns isn’t peaceful. Blocking roads isn’t peaceful. Yelling obscenities at women isn’t peaceful. Those are all violations of the law.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except I never said that they were violent, other than threats of violence that have been reported to the police. Blaring horns isn’t peaceful. Blocking roads isn’t peaceful. Yelling obscenities at women isn’t peaceful. Those are all violations of the law.

Here is my quote about the violence: The Truck Protest went on for 3 weeks all the while government mouthpieces claiming they were afraid of violence...yet there wasn't any.

Are you the government?

They used that excuse for the emergency act. You do realize that right?

Show me large protests in which disruption like this - and other means don't happen? Where is the huge amount of evidence that women are getting obscenities yelled at them? Thankfully, they didn't tear up the city, and burn stuff down like other protests - or so called protests. If you bothered to look at any of the live streams? You will see plenty of people that live there, and didn't have any issues. People came to Ottawa from nearby areas wanting to take a look at what was claimed on their media, and were surprised to find out it wasn't anything near what was claimed on their TV. They had bouncy castles, hockey games, worship services, bands playing, etc. Remember this city has protests all the time - all year long. They were not ignored and called names by the government. Matter of fact you can see Trudeau joining them. It's the principal of thing in case you can't grasped that yet.

Over the last two years its been popular to scream obscenities towards mask less people in stores too. Sadly, that isn't illegal. You don't have to 'adult' anymore. Respectful dialog isn't the go-to concept today - sadly. The world decided a while ago that was acceptable, and if that is the best you have to show HOW it wasn't peaceful? You want to broad-brush things. That means you aren't all that sincere in debate. A couple of jerks dont make the entire protest NOT peaceful.

Traffic violations aren't worth stealing bank accounts, cancelling insurance, taking children/pets away. You don't need the police action until such time you have had dialog that went no where. The government decided instead to call them names, and throw gas on the fire with dangerous rhetoric. That's irresponsible, and shows they are incompetent.

When you have irresponsible and incompetent government? People tend to protest or worse.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was given a one minute video showing the protest at a single location. The truckers could have been breaking the law and making noise elsewhere in the city and that video wouldn’t have shown it. That’s why it doesn’t prove anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is my quote about the violence: The Truck Protest went on for 3 weeks all the while government mouthpieces claiming they were afraid of violence...yet there wasn't any.

Are you the government?

They used that excuse for the emergency act. You do realize that right?

Show me large protests in which disruption like this - and other means don't happen? Where is the huge amount of evidence that women are getting obscenities yelled at them? Thankfully, they didn't tear up the city, and burn stuff down like other protests - or so called protests. If you bothered to look at any of the live streams? You will see plenty of people that live there, and didn't have any issues. People came to Ottawa from nearby areas wanting to take a look at what was claimed on their media, and were surprised to find out it wasn't anything near what was claimed on their TV. They had bouncy castles, hockey games, worship services, bands playing, etc. Remember this city has protests all the time - all year long. They were not ignored and called names by the government. Matter of fact you can see Trudeau joining them. It's the principal of thing in case you can't grasped that yet.

Over the last two years its been popular to scream obscenities towards mask less people in stores too. Sadly, that isn't illegal. You don't have to 'adult' anymore. Respectful dialog isn't the go-to concept today - sadly. The world decided a while ago that was acceptable, and if that is the best you have to show HOW it wasn't peaceful? You want to broad-brush things. That means you aren't all that sincere in debate. A couple of jerks dont make the entire protest NOT peaceful.

Traffic violations aren't worth stealing bank accounts, cancelling insurance, taking children/pets away. You don't need the police action until such time you have had dialog that went no where. The government decided instead to call them names, and throw gas on the fire with dangerous rhetoric. That's irresponsible, and shows they are incompetent.

When you have irresponsible and incompetent government? People tend to protest or worse.

You asked if I am the government? No, I am a lawyer who has sworn to uphold the law. These protestors are violating noise ordinances, blocking streets and shouting obscenities and threats. That is all illegal. People can protest without breaking the law. A few years back we had a protest by topless women in Charleston, our state capitol. They didn’t violate any noise ordinances, block any streets or threaten anyone. All they did was march topless through the city which is perfectly legal, so it is possible to have a peaceful protest.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FMAvdOXXsAgO-T6

Reactions: Stan Ley
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You claimed they were being peaceful. Blaring truck horns, blocking streets and yelling obscenities at women isn’t peaceful. Where is your proof? A one-minute video of a peaceful protest proves nothing.

Your lack of any videos at all proves less than nothing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It depends on whose truth you want to believe. Smashing windows, burning down buildings, overturning cars, throwing gasoline bombs and bricks at police, and killing 25 people is mostly "peaceful". To claim otherwise is "racist".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It depends on whose truth you want to believe. Smashing windows, burning down buildings, overturning cars, throwing gasoline bombs and bricks at police, and killing 25 people is mostly "peaceful". To claim otherwise is "racist".
Wrong. Learn your facts.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Burden of proof rests with the affirmative. You made the claim, you prove it.

You made the claim that I didn't prove anything. You are spreading misinformation by saying that.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. Learn your facts.

I already know the facts, and the fact is that those who have done the things I named were called "mostly peaceful protesters".

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You made the claim that I didn't prove anything. You are spreading misinformation by saying that.
No, I am not spreading misinformation. You have yet to post anything showing that these truckers are not violating the law. The police have issued tickets to truckers illegally blocking streets, arrested some for making threats. Do you have evidence showing that streets were not blocked and threats were not made? If so let’s see it.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I already know the facts, and the fact is that those who have done the things I named were called "mostly peaceful protesters".
No, the fact is that they have broken laws.

Upvote 0