Could this pandemic be related to Eli's judgement?

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for hosting this forum. I was not sure where to put this question, but since it deals with history, I thought this forum would work best.

1 Samuel 2:31-35 (KJV)

31 Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house. 32 And thou shalt see an enemy in my habitation, in all the wealth which God shall give Israel: and there shall not be an old man in thine house for ever. 33 And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the flower of their age. 34 And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them. 35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.

It was Eli's sons that sinned.

1 Samuel 2:22-23 (KJV) 22 Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 23 And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.

The consequences of this sin were huge. God does two things. First, he removes the elderly. Secondly, he removes the priesthood from Eli's family and appoints new priests. Could we be experiencing the same type of judgement? The elderly certainly are targeted, and as to appointing new priests, could this pandemic be the catalyst for an overhaul of churches and their leadership? I do not know how online giving is going, but frankly I would expect that most churches that are liberal would be experiencing the worst declines. Lack of funding alone could banish any church that was not in the will of God. There might be implications too of who is being called up into the five-fold ministry. My guess is that there are going to be many solid Christians who have waited, that will be promoted by the Holy Spirit.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ch. 3

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

NIV

Why shouldn't God warn churches? Through our interpretations (if sound) of good and bad circumstances alike?

Why be nervous of the idea that some christians will have sensible Scriptural intuitions? Isn't your Bible long enough to include those bits?

Also fivefold is what we should all participate in in cooperation, albeit not in senior positions.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. This is not God's judgement.

Of course this is God's judgement but it doesn't mean it is a specific event associated with a specific scripture.

I know some Christians who like to point out that history is His Story. Of course they are right, though it should not be any great revelation so as to go around pointing this out, or should it?

The Bible explains that the heavens and the earth are His. It also explains that the Word of God is alive and active. Of course it points out that Jesus Christ is the Word of God and the He is King of kings, and something about 'all things' being held together with His hands. So make not mistake about it, He is involved!!!!!!@

That doesn't mean He actually caused it. Perhaps He just gave permission to Satan. In Job we see that He gave permission to Satan and Satan used it to act in an evil manor. Of course Satan would act in that manor. The Lord would know that better than you or me. But notice in Job that Satan had to get permission from the King of kings first!!!

Of course in another place in the Scriptures that the Lord specifically gave David three choices and David chose being in God's hand so sickness came upon the land. How is it we read the Bible and not realize that the Lord is actively involved in 'all things'? Whether He did it, gave permission, or let it happen - He makes sure things are under His control, otherwise He is not holding 'all things' together with His hands!!

Certainly the current events are going to be historical conversations in the future. So why not now? I find it interesting that this happened at a time when US/ China and even the World/China relationship were going bad. Also, the USA was getting so polarized with Democrats fighting Republicans like I have never seen before. Of course they are going to oppose each other, but never has it been this bad. We need them to work together and that was becoming extremely hard for them to do. This has eased that a bit.

In my personal walk with Him, which it to say that Him and I talk everyday call Today, a number of things become extremely obvious. One of those things is that He has a plan, and it is right on schedule. It has to be because He is God. Another thing is that the plan, though so large it involves all history, is also so detailed that it involves the little things in my life. And a third extremely obvious thing to me, but something that get badly missed by those who don't know Him, is that He is the master of the butterfly effect!

A small virus gets loosed on one side of the world and it effects everything. Angels are smart but He is on a whole different level. He is God. So Satan might be smart but God is in control!

So why the sickness during David's time? Wasn't it to get David to turn back to the Lord. That is what the Lord is about - getting people to turn back to Him. The churches may be closed down but it is about Him not the churches, isn't it?

So who cares about whether it is related to Eli's judgement? Of course it is. The word of the Lord was rare in Eli's time. In those times God makes decisions (judgments) which are design to bring people back to Him. It might not be the specific judgement you are thinking about but certainly God is making decisions and bring forth His plan. Certainly God is in control and the Word of God (Jesus Christ, King of kings) is alive and active, and still holding all things together with His hands.

• Informative
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course this is God's judgement but it doesn't mean it is a specific event associated with a specific scripture.

I know some Christians who like to point out that history is His Story. Of course they are right, though it should not be any great revelation so as to go around pointing this out, or should it?

The Bible explains that the heavens and the earth are His. It also explains that the Word of God is alive and active. Of course it points out that Jesus Christ is the Word of God and the He is King of kings, and something about 'all things' being held together with His hands. So make not mistake about it, He is involved!!!!!!@

That doesn't mean He actually caused it. Perhaps He just gave permission to Satan. In Job we see that He gave permission to Satan and Satan used it to act in an evil manor. Of course Satan would act in that manor. The Lord would know that better than you or me. But notice in Job that Satan had to get permission from the King of kings first!!!

Of course in another place in the Scriptures that the Lord specifically gave David three choices and David chose being in God's hand so sickness came upon the land. How is it we read the Bible and not realize that the Lord is actively involved in 'all things'? Whether He did it, gave permission, or let it happen - He makes sure things are under His control, otherwise He is not holding 'all things' together with His hands!!

Certainly the current events are going to be historical conversations in the future. So why not now? I find it interesting that this happened at a time when US/ China and even the World/China relationship were going bad. Also, the USA was getting so polarized with Democrats fighting Republicans like I have never seen before. Of course they are going to oppose each other, but never has it been this bad. We need them to work together and that was becoming extremely hard for them to do. This has eased that a bit.

In my personal walk with Him, which it to say that Him and I talk everyday call Today, a number of things become extremely obvious. One of those things is that He has a plan, and it is right on schedule. It has to be because He is God. Another thing is that the plan, though so large it involves all history, is also so detailed that it involves the little things in my life. And a third extremely obvious thing to me, but something that get badly missed by those who don't know Him, is that He is the master of the butterfly effect!

A small virus gets loosed on one side of the world and it effects everything. Angels are smart but He is on a whole different level. He is God. So Satan might be smart but God is in control!

So why the sickness during David's time? Wasn't it to get David to turn back to the Lord. That is what the Lord is about - getting people to turn back to Him. The churches may be closed down but it is about Him not the churches, isn't it?

So who cares about whether it is related to Eli's judgement? Of course it is. The word of the Lord was rare in Eli's time. In those times God makes decisions (judgments) which are design to bring people back to Him. It might not be the specific judgement you are thinking about but certainly God is making decisions and bring forth His plan. Certainly God is in control and the Word of God (Jesus Christ, King of kings) is alive and active, and still holding all things together with His hands.
An excellent analysis, God certainly has a great plan through all of this. I was just using Eli's example as a possibility to explain and predict what we are gong through now. Ultimately, other than standing in faith and praying against the virus, and for the church there is little we can do. The exception would be if God is winnowing the church, removing some and raising up new ones, this information may help confirm to those that are being newly called to minister.

Upvote 0