Could this be the start of a "one world religion "?

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure why people are so terrified of dialogue. Look religious people, especially in the West is getting smaller and smaller, and quite honestly we share many values that secularist do not. In all honesty the way things are going, before long you may have to share a cell long term with another religious person from a different religion.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Consistently disturbing?
Agreed!

When one, whom some think speaks for God, says there are many ways to seek God or meet God, it is pure blasphemy. Somebody needs to remind that man of the commandment.

Ex 20:3 You shall have no other gods before[besides] me.

That man prays for peace and justice through secular love. He promotes social justice above the truth. That man does not understand that there can only be unity in the world through the brotherhood of Christ. Lacking that, the world resorts to its divisive nature imparted on it since it last attempted to make a name for itself while in unity.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i'm not disturbed at all. the only one world religion I fear is the one where people keep trying to force me to believe like they believe. it is pure satanic and is one reason why there is so much sin in the world. people really need to remember how Jesus was like.

what jeuss tuaght did.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well in all honesty I hate to notify everyone that there already is a one world religion, it's called secularism. Let's face it, those who are practicing religious people, make up only 25% of the population, and he rest are atheist, Gnostics, and those who claim to be religious to make mom happy.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Does anyone else feel disturbed by this message from Pope Francis?

[Video=youtube]

The Pope, and many other Christians, seem to have forgotten (or willfully dismissed) Jesus' own words:

"Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.”

"No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

"Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!'" (John 14:1-7)

Unity may sound great, but unity without Christ as our only Saviour and Lord, is no kind of unity to be sought after.

This video, released by the Vatican, demonstrates the Pope's true intention. He desires dialogue, sure, but at what cost? Doing away with the centrality and necessity of Jesus Christ?

Where is the Gospel message in such a call for unity? Where is the truth regarding the need for our Saviour, the ONLY way to the Father?

All I see in this video and the Pope's message is the idea (already vastly perpetrated) that there are many equal ways to God.

As Christians we must reject such a message.

There is only ONE WAY to God, and only ONE WAY to be saved and reconciled to Him, and that is through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

"Jesus is 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.'"

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."
(Acts 4:11-12)

And the name of Jesus is above every other name. None of these other gods that are shown to be of equal value in this video, compare. (They are in actuality, false gods, and Christians have no business uniting with those who worship them.)

The only unity we should have is under Jesus Christ, our Saviour. He alone is Lord.

"You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had."

"Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:5-11)

There is no other Saviour but Jesus. He alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

The Pope has chosen to discard the very words of Jesus, preferring instead to have unity with everyone, regardless of their beliefs.

I for one reject the Pope's message and his desire to compromise and dismiss Who Jesus truly is.

Jesus Christ alone is my Saviour, and He is the only Way anyone can or will be saved. The world still needs to hear this, as they always have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The one world religion will be luciferianism disguised as some diluted form of spiritual secularism.

Even atheism will not be an option; it will be "destroyed" with all of the other religions, and exchanged for the replacement abominable image soon to come.

All of these religions and issues now are the preliminary to getting people to get on board with legitimately exchanging ALL religion (including atheism and nihlism) with the image. The point is to get all sects and philosophies to spiritually, physically and mentally exhaust each other so that there is no energy left but to choose the image.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
sorry guys but i'm not buying it. Christ is universal seeing that he is true humanity. therefore anyone who is truly human is truly a follower of Jesus. I refuse to be a respecter of persons.

Upvote 0

ShaulHaTarsi

Jul 9, 2016
USA
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Pope isn't advocating a One World Religion (well, he might be - which would be Christianity, of course :) ). He's simply repeating what's been standard Catholic doctrine which is to collaborate with people of other religions on civil and moral matters. That's significantly different from ecumenicism which is to achieve theological unity among Christians.

My only complaint is regarding the video is at 0:37ish where they feature the Pope praying with some Orthodox priest (or patriarch, - someone orthodox, please tell me who that is and what his title is). There is "very little" separating Catholics from the Orthodox, and I don't think should be portrayed in the same light as e.g. Buddhists or Jews who are members of an entirely different religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Does anyone else feel disturbed by this message from ... ... ... ?
Absolutely.
But it's not unexpected.
But then, WHY do so many (or a few) posters replace the image of man (who Jesus DIED FOR) with the image of (or just use the image of) a creature (monkey , for example?) ?
And on and on it goes - as someone said secular (and also realize 'ecumanical')
IS NOT Christian.....
So there's billions of things on earth that are disturbing.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well if we want to speculate, knowing we can be wildly wrong, then my vote is for Islam. They have a belief that Jesus will come back and make everyone Muslim (forcibly). Death or the sword will sway a lot of not truly committed types.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well if we want to speculate, knowing we can be wildly wrong, then my vote is for Islam. They have a belief that Jesus will come back and make everyone Muslim (forcibly). Death or the sword will sway a lot of not truly committed types.

I think the 12 imam prophecy if Islam will be used as a patsy for Antichrist, or at least a contender, and will make the real antichrist look like the Christ by comparison. I think one of the prophecies of the 12th imam/mahdi is the moon will crack... so that wont be "Savior-yearning" doom at all...

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone else feel disturbed by this message from Pope Francis?

[Video=youtube]

Well...some segments of European Christianity have had a historical proclivity for synthesis, parallelism, accommodation, and/or syncretism among diverse religious beliefs, so Pope Francis' approach is nothing new. It's a bit upsetting, but in my estimation, his is just another voice among hundreds of other well-meaning but erroneous voices in the church leadership, taking opportunity to present themselves over the last two thousand years. In other words, Pope Francis' approach to diversity in religious belief is a problem that we Christians should be cautious of, but it isn't the main problem that Satan proposes to face us with.

2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
sorry guys but i'm not buying it. Christ is universal seeing that he is true humanity. therefore anyone who is truly human is truly a follower of Jesus. I refuse to be a respecter of persons.
You are also, then, not a respecter of the Word of God.

Reactions: samir
Upvote 0