Could this be the final disproving of a higher being?

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Let`s say you`re very overweight, like obese, and you come to heaven among other people and you perhaps know yourself you will never be happy being overweight in paradise and you say god can fix everything if you pray and so forth, but let`s he actually fixes your overweight, it would be him doing it and not you and the problem then, is that how do he calculate the exact amount of bodyfat to have, ether way you choose a certain fat percentage you wouldn`t be accurate in the way natural dieting and so forth, would be, so then you might say that god makes you motivated to lose weight in heaven because of the beutiful surroundings, but the problem i have with this latter, is that you also say that god makes this life on this planet a paradise if you just follow him and so forth, exactly, the problem with it is that you say life here will be just as good as in heaven if you just follow him and pray and so forth, there wouldn`t be a difference in heaven and on this planet, so here on this planet you wouldn`t perhaps diet to lose the weight, but you would in heaven, that makes no sense since you claim life here is just as good for the non-sinner, what do you think of it?

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let`s say you`re very overweight, like obese, and you come to heaven among other people and you perhaps know yourself you will never be happy being overweight in paradise and you say god can fix everything if you pray and so forth, but let`s he actually fixes your overweight, it would be him doing it and not you and the problem then, is that how do he calculate the exact amount of bodyfat to have, ether way you choose a certain fat percentage you wouldn`t be accurate in the way natural dieting and so forth, would be, so then you might say that god makes you motivated to lose weight in heaven because of the beutiful surroundings, but the problem i have with this latter, is that you also say that god makes this life on this planet a paradise if you just follow him and so forth, exactly, the problem with it is that you say life here will be just as good as in heaven if you just follow him and pray and so forth, there wouldn`t be a difference in heaven and on this planet, so here on this planet you wouldn`t perhaps diet to lose the weight, but you would in heaven, that makes no sense since you claim life here is just as good for the non-sinner, what do you think of it?

Heaven will be on this planet.

• Winner
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, there`s still one problem with it, why isn`t god enough now but he will be later for the overweight person perhaps?

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Our bodies will be changed. We will not be overweight. We will have a risen Christlike body. I am overweight, crippled, and miserable. I long for the day God takes me from this broken body.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Our bodies will be changed. We will not be overweight. We will have a risen Christlike body. I am overweight, crippled, and miserable. I long for the day God takes me from this broken body.

Yes, but no matter how accurate he is to calculate your bodyfat, it wouldn`t look natural.. Sorry to hear that

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry I don’t understand your original post. I am a simple man. Can you please explain what you are trying to say a little better?

Okay, I can try, if a god helped a overweight person with his or her weight, it wouldn`t look natural because he has to just decide what bodyfat percentage to have, right, and if the overweight person is motivated to lose weight in heaven, why isn`t he motivated to do it here then perhaps, isn`t god enough to motivate in his or her life on this planet also then, if not, he isn`t big or great enough in this life, be he is in heaven? Ask again if you`re confused :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are you implying God doesn't make fat people?

Well, I`ve been overweight sometimes myself and I didn`t like it, but the question still remains how god really helps you with it when doing something real just would look strange because it wouldn`t be natural

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I`ve been overweight sometimes myself and I didn`t like it, but the question still remains how god really helps you with it when doing something real just would look strange because it wouldn`t be natural
But God is Spirit and you're speaking in carnal terms. For example God could/would make it so that you're not concerned about superficial appearance.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so here on this planet you wouldn`t perhaps diet to lose the weight, but you would in heaven,
isn`t god enough to motivate in his or her life on this planet

But God is Spirit and you're speaking in carnal terms. For example God could/would make it so that you're not concerned about superficial appearance.
This is good.

Our reason to have our weight healthy is not only for self image. We do what God wants, in order to please Him. But it is for our own good.

And yes now God is able to change us so we can discover how to manage our weight well.

And part, at least, of how this can work, is we simply submit to how God guides us all through each day. He will guide us what to do and when and what to eat. And He can simply have us doing more things of loving, while doing less eating. Plus, while we shop, He can have us buy the right things - - - maybe saving some money, too, which we can use to love others. And in the store we might get more into loving people we see there, so that love feeds us and therefore food is not getting so much attention while we shop.

But I know someone who tries not to let her overweight husband shop with her. I can see why. He could be totally distracted with making her buy stuff he wants to eat, that is expensive and not good for his health. So, if this is true, he would not first be caring about sharing with her and tenderly loving her while appreciating God. So, we need to do things with love (1 Corinthians 16:14), so lust can not dominate us and be our dictator of what we do.

And now is when with God we can be into loving, instead.

So, why would anyone want to procrastinate until after we die?

In my opinion, what we look like can not be a concern in our eternal life with God. Because God loves us because of God being simply so loving; what we look like does not have anything to do with if He loves us. So, of course, this needs to be our example that we feed on . . . so we are loving like God does.

We need to feed on better things inside ourselves, so we are not desperate to try to get food to give us some sort of happy feeling and company.

Last edited:
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0