• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Could this be God?

Oct 19, 2020
Paranaque City
✟8,979.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I was asking God for a discerning sign on Instagram about my break-up. I think he told me to scroll up and refresh the page 7 times to look for a picture in a specific place. The last thing my ex told me was that she moved-on and the picture said something in the lines of like"She moved-on after everything and I'm proud of what she did" it was like God was talking to me telling it to me clearly that she moved-on but it could be a coincidence because I suffer from OCD but it seems like it really came from him.

What should I do?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I was asking God for a discerning sign on Instagram about my break-up. I think he told me to scroll up and refresh the page 7 times to look for a picture in a specific place. The last thing my ex told me was that she moved-on and the picture said something in the lines of like"She moved-on after everything and I'm proud of what she did" it was like God was talking to me telling it to me clearly that she moved-on but it could be a coincidence because I suffer from OCD but it seems like it really came from him.

What should I do?
I would move on myself if I had broken up with someone, that is how people grow and learn how to recognize true love when they find it.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
was asking God for a discerning sign o

Stop asking God for signs. Jesus told us what to do, if we love him we are to obey his commands.

If you have broken up with a close friend, take the time to grieve and move on.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

What should I do?
Move on.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What should I do?
What were/are you looking for discernment about?

Upvote 0

Not Perfect

May 13, 2020
Kirksville
✟16,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If this were a sign from God, what would it be telling you?

You know how kids sometimes say things like "If I hit that street sign with this rock, it means my crush will go out with me"? That's kind of what this sounds like; it's probably just wishful thinking.

Upvote 0